Author Topic: Lecroy options -=recovery=-  (Read 76287 times)

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: Lecroy options -=recovery=-
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2024, 01:23:23 pm »
Has anyone run into problems with executing 01_list.bat with python 2.7 or 3.0.  when I execute with 2.7 no errors but also empty my_options.log file. This may involve an issue with pycrypto but I have tried pycryptodome and pycryptodomex with little success. If Python 3 is used there is some incompatible syntax. Any suggestions? or Anyone interested in exexuting using my options.cfg file?
I'd try this version with Python 3.x (3.12 should work fine) and pycryptodomex. See readme.txt for further instructions.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2024, 01:42:08 pm »
Hi! By chance, I purchased an oscilloscope with many options, but there is a problem that many of them do not have any descriptions, even on the manufacturer’s website. I'm interested in analyzing the FM signal using the DMOD option. But I couldn’t find anything on how to use it, and I can’t configure it myself, I’m missing something important that I don’t know. (and many other options I don’t have documentation)
Looks like someone enabled all the options with a 00 flags with a wildcard key. A lot of the options, like WP01/02/03 and JTA (superseded by JPRO) are not relevant on the WavePro. And I'd say optical recording and telecom masks will just be filling up menus and crowding out more useful options for most of us. So I'd recommend deleting that key (after recording it) using the service menu (read the first few pages of this topic for instructions), and add more specific keys for the options you really want. Note that this key is missing some options with the 01 flags, like memory size and surface MAP (a pretty neat visualization, I think).

It may take some digging in various manuals, not necessarily for your specific scope, to find information about options. About DMOD I find some information in the later X-Stream (Windows-based scopes) manual (see page 230, actual printed page number, not PDF page number). Try looking if you can find them in the functions menu for a math trace if you scroll through them all? It may also be that this option doesn't actually work on the WavePro 9xx. Have you found it referenced in a catalog or datasheet for this scope? From what I remember, on my WaveRunner LT2 enabling the DMOD option made it hang when I selected it, so I removed the option again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 03:58:28 pm by alm »

The following users thanked this post: Vit G

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2024, 02:53:51 pm »

Thanks, ALM!
Yes, indeed, in the datasheet for the 960XL there is no mention of DMOD, so the question is most likely not relevant. I'll try to find information on managing options. Most of all I would not like to make a brick if my attempt fails  :D. The official website has more recent firmware for this device. Should I try to update it or is it better to leave everything as is? I am attaching a photo with hardware options and memory size.
(VGA, LAN and CF card via PCMCIA adapter works fine)

PS: I apologize for the amateurish question, but can I somehow generate the keys for the necessary options myself? or do they not depend on the serial number of the device?
Studying metrology and LNA

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2024, 04:04:33 pm »
I am not very familiar with the WavePro 9xx software updates, but as far as they know they just added features and never blocked anything, so I don't think there's any harm in upgrading.

I'm not saying that DMOD doesn't work, I'm just saying it didn't on the WaveRunner LT2 (which is a lower end model). It would still be worth exploring the menus, particular the waveform math.

I recommend you read through the entire thread. Particularly the posts regarding the WavePro 9xx and WaveRunner LT/LT2, because these are very similar. For the actual software I recommend the version I linked to a few posts higher, which is the easiest to use. The software can both generate (lecroy.py gen) and decode (lecroy.py validate) keys. If you decode your existing key, it should show the scope ID, flags and mask. The mask works like a bit mask (so a bitwise AND of the option number and the mask). The flags has to match the flags your find in wavepro.txt (is technically also a bit mask). So you can construct a single bit mask covering all options for that particular flag. If you pay attention, all option numbers represent a single bit. In addition to decoding the existing key, you can also get the scope ID from your first screenshot (A878C3).

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2024, 05:19:47 pm »
Hi! By chance, I purchased an oscilloscope with many options, but there is a problem that many of them do not have any descriptions, even on the manufacturer’s website. I'm interested in analyzing the FM signal using the DMOD option. But I couldn’t find anything on how to use it, and I can’t configure it myself, I’m missing something important that I don’t know. (and many other options I don’t have documentation)

If you go in the Math setup, you should have a "Demodulate" Math Type. From there you can chose Freq as type and some other options.

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2024, 05:39:31 pm »
Thanks, Kosmic
yes, there is such a screen but it doesn’t give me anything. In the demodulator settings I entered the carrier values and bandwidth but nothing happens.

I suspect that you first need to somehow prepare the signal in function A and then apply a demodulator to it with function B. but this is not certain. I want to say that perhaps not all conditions for the demodulator to work are met.

I made a make a short video to make things clearer
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:03:02 pm by Vit G »

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2024, 06:10:12 pm »
Thanks, Kosmic
yes, there is such a screen but it doesn’t give me anything. In the demodulator settings I entered the carrier values and bandwidth but nothing happens.

I suspect that you first need to somehow prepare the signal in function A and then apply a demodulator to it with function B. but this is not certain. I want to say that perhaps not all conditions for the demodulator to work are met.

I made a make a short video to make things clearer

I have no idea how to use it exactly but got something working over here. The carrier is detected correctly by using "Find Frequency". Same for the Range and Scale. You probably need to increase Time/Div of the input.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:15:56 pm by Kosmic »

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2024, 06:17:28 pm »
but I don't see the actual modulation. in theory the decoded modulation signal envelope should be shown

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2024, 01:49:11 pm »
To ALM:
you're right. the key opens all 00 options.
so as not to break anything, maybe I should just add  Surface Map key? Judging by what the menu shows me, the XL option already works and there is no need to add it?

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2024, 02:17:09 pm »
I would be more worried about the wildcard key breaking something, or at least cluttering the menus with options I'll never use: the chance that I'm ever going to test an ISDN device for compliance is extremely slim. I prefer to add options I want and see if they add anything. But your choice. Surface map would be a separate key anyway, so there's no harm in adding that (so flags 1 and mask 40). I had actually originally skipped the SMAP option thinking it would be related to hard drive analysis, but later saw in documentation that it's a general visualization method that's like a waterfall plot.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:21:35 pm by alm »

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2024, 03:27:28 pm »
Thanks, alm
Then it’s probably better for me to first spend some time learning the functions of an oscilloscope in order to create a list of the necessary tools for myself. and perhaps i need to think about how i can save the current state of the device by backup the eeprom in order to restore it if necessary.

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2024, 07:58:08 pm »
Hi!
OK. After reading the recommendations, i activated only those options that I plan to use (and not all of them  ;D). But.. still have a question: My oscilloscope already shows me that it is 960XL, so I don’t know if it makes sense to activate the WPXL key? In my opinion, is he already XL? how to check this?

PS: someone wrote that his CF does not work through the PCMCIA adapter. To do this, you need to activate the HDS key, then everything will work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 08:48:41 pm by Vit G »

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2024, 10:41:59 pm »
If the scope shows the correct amount of acquisition memory, then I don't think there is anything to be gained messing with the memory-related keys. It may be that the keys were used to later upgrade the memory, although I haven't seen any mention of post-sale upgrades of these scopes.

A while ago I tried to collect information on the options for my WaveRunner LT2. The WaveRunner LT, WaveRunner LT2 and WavePro 9xx have very similar software. It appears to me that some options are documented in the main manual (like extended math and advanced trigger), and others had a dedicated manual for the option (for example DFP, PMA and PolyMask). This manual wasn't necessarily updated every time they released a new scope, since the software remained largely the same until the X-Stream Windows-based / touch screen scopes. I tried to find WaveRunner LT/LT2/WavePro 9xx era or older data sheets and manuals for the options. Attached is what I found. It doesn't include anything on the DMOD option as far as I could find. On the LecroyOwners groups.io group there are archives of application notes. Maybe you'll be lucky and there is an application note about the DMOD option?

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2024, 07:19:12 am »
to alm:   big thanks for your help!  I will try to find out whether the demodulator can work on this device by experimentation

I took this list of options from the groups.io. I think in the WP9xx other options are not relevant.

DDA-120 Software Options

AORM: Advanced ORM
CCTM:  Extension to JitterPro for RAMBUS testing
CKIO:    Clock In/Out
DDFA:   Disk Drive Failure Analysis
DDM:    Disk Drive Measurement
DFP:      Digital Filter Package
EMM:   Extended Math and Measurements Package
JPRO:    Enhanced Jitter and Timing Analysis
JTA:        Jitter and Timing Analysis
MC01:   PCMCIA Memory Card Support
MT01:   Mask Tester: ITU G.703
MT02:   Mask Tester: ANSI T1.102-1993
MT03:   Mask Tester: ITU-T G.957; ANSI T1.105-1996
ORM:    Optical Recording Measurement
PMA1:  PowerMeasure Package
PMSK:  PolyMask Package
PMT:     Pulse Mask Test Package
PRML:   Supplementary Disk Drive Measurements
SMAP:  Surface Map
WAVA:  WaveAnalyzer analysis Package
WP01:  Advanced Waveform Math Package  |
WP02:  Spectrum Analysis Package             |  probably not needed for WP9xx ?
WP03:  Parameter Analysis Package            |

DDA-120 Hardware Options

CENT:    Parallel Centronics Printer Port
CKTR:    Clock Trigger
CLBZ:     Piezo Buzzer Alarm
CPUP:   PowerPC High Speed Processor
FD01:    Floppy Drive
GP01:    Internal Graphics Printer
GPIB:    IEEE-488 I/O Control Bus
HD01:    PCMCIA Hard Drive Slot (back)
I2C:        ProBus
R232:     Serial I/O
VGAC:  VGA Output Port
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 09:06:23 am by Vit G »

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2024, 12:00:20 pm »
JPRO:    Enhanced Jitter and Timing Analysis
JTA:        Jitter and Timing Analysis
JTA and JPRO are redundant. JTA is the simpler version for the WaveRunner LT/LT2, and JPRO the more advanced version for the WavePro 9xx. So there's no reason to enable JTA on the WavePro if it does anything at all. The WP01/02/03 options are from older scopes for features that are included by default on these scopes indeed. Features like FFT and parameter histograms.

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #265 on: February 16, 2024, 01:30:02 pm »
to alm:   big thanks for your help!  I will try to find out whether the demodulator can work on this device by experimentation

I took this list of options from the groups.io. I think in the WP9xx other options are not relevant.

DDA-120 Software Options

WP01:  Advanced Waveform Math Package  |
WP02:  Spectrum Analysis Package             |  probably not needed for WP9xx ?
WP03:  Parameter Analysis Package            |

never had a 9xx, but those 3 exist in the 9xx firmware as:

"Basic Function Package", "Basic FFT Package" and "Histogram/Trend Package", respectively. I guess that WAVA and EMM would supersede those, indeed...

There's also DDNA (disk drive noise analysis), ATP (advanced trigger package) and DMOD.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2024, 03:31:41 pm »
On my WavePro 960 I have those options installed:

Wava, JPRO, DMOD, DFP, MC01, PMSK, PMT and SMAP

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2024, 04:15:18 pm »
to: alm
Thanks for answer.
Yes, I left only JPRO. according to the table from the JPRO manual it inherits all previous functions.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 04:26:57 pm by Vit G »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2024, 07:44:18 pm »
New option names in the MAUI FW 10.6.0.5

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
« Reply #269 on: March 23, 2024, 10:00:59 am »
 Hi!

Does the WP9xx implement a  function or some kind of the Z input emulation for blanking?

Offline figgie

• Contributor
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2024, 06:39:46 pm »
Hi!

Does the WP9xx implement a  function or some kind of the Z input emulation for blanking?

that is not an option question... i saw a couple of questions regarding working with z axis outside of here with someone making it work for what they needed. you might search for that on your favorite search engine.

Offline figgie

• Contributor
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2024, 07:45:47 pm »
Ok.

On win7... 8.0.1.2. It works ok on a WRHRO66ZI.
Of note: only the 16 character keys are present. The 26 character keys do not show in the options.

Upgrading to 8.8.0.5, the 16 character keys are present but are not applied. The 26 character keys now show up and are the only ones applied.

Anyone have 8.1.0.2 and/or any of the flavors between 8.0.1.2 and 8.8.0.5 in 64bit? Pm me!

2106767-0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 07:50:21 pm by figgie »

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2024, 08:26:17 pm »
Anyone have 8.1.0.2 and/or any of the flavors between 8.0.1.2 and 8.8.0.5 in 64bit? Pm me!
You should be able to download versions 8.5.1.1 and 8.6.2.10 from Lecroy if you select the right scope. Playing around with choosing different X-Stream scopes from that era or slightly later may get you more versions than just selecting your scope.

The following users thanked this post: figgie

Offline figgie

• Contributor
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2024, 09:00:16 pm »

You should be able to download versions 8.5.1.1 and 8.6.2.10 from Lecroy if you select the right scope. Playing around with choosing different X-Stream scopes from that era or slightly later may get you more versions than just selecting your scope.

already tried... all 64 bit software is showing the latest MAUI 10.X

The 32 bit goes to 8.1.2.0 but the installer detects the 64 bit and balks.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2024, 09:24:54 pm »
already tried... all 64 bit software is showing the latest MAUI 10.X
Interesting, they have removed them since I looked last year. Possibly to prevent unlocking licenses by downgrading?

Have you tried if upgrading to versions 10.X works? For the older 32-bit scopes installing an older version officially supporting that scope first (for the drivers) and then upgrading to a later 32-bit function worked as far as I know.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:38:53 pm by alm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf