Author Topic: MT8815A Radio Communications Analyzer TDCOM1 Error  (Read 869 times)

Offline johnrobjrTopic starter

MT8815A Radio Communications Analyzer TDCOM1 Error
« on: July 21, 2020, 05:47:07 pm »
Hi All:
I've got a MT8815A that powers up; but, it gives a "TDMCOM1" error.
Do you know (or does anyone know) what a TDMCOM1 is?... I am just guessing its a subsystem/board/module in the MT8815A frame? TDM and COM1 refer to time domain communications?
There is a list of "items" the MT8815A frame checks/self-checks, upon powering it up... and TDMCOM1 is the last item. (All the others pass)
there is an associated number, "6200352829"
After quickly passing through the other item, during self checking,  it pauses on TDMCOM1, for about 45 seconds, and then the following error message is displayed:
"System abnormal completion. Please push any panel key."
Ya. So when I push any key, the MT8815A powers down.
I have the user manual, but no service manual (can't find the service manual on the Web, or on R&S Website)
The user manual does not tell me what a TDMCOM1 is, or what the error message means.
I have not opened the MT8815A up, or otherwise done anything. I'm thinking that it is better to find out what the error message means, before opening it up.
Best regards.
Johnrob

Offline johnrobjrTopic starter

Re: MT8815A Radio Communications Analyzer TDCOM1 Error
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:06:02 pm »
Hi: Can anyone give me a guest as to what TDCOM1 is. (I am guessing that it's a board in the mainframe, or a port, and is Timed Domain Communications port/board 1? Anyone know of a user group or support group for these?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf