First of all:
Check the rails on the PSU, especially the ripple on the 33V rail, since I would bet that the caps there have failed, as they have done so often in other 3456As.
Then:
You are probably still f*cked, because even if you manage to get a second Intel/AMD 8048, it will be mask programmed and thereby highly unlikely contain the same hex file as the probably failed Am8048 inside your 3456A.
So, in your case, I would really make sure, it's the AM8048 on the inguard board and not some kind of other failure, e.g failed ROM or RAM on the CPU board. BTW, what happens if you power up you 3456A? Any meaningful signs of life on the LED display. If so, the CPU board is probably OK. Another good idea to repair old stuff in general is to get a second instrument, since you can swap boards easily and thereby diagnose the failure on board level and compare signals, which greatly reduces the time required and really makes repair a lot easier.
In case it's really a bad AM8048, it would be bad news, especially if it's a systematic fault, like the bad Mostek ROMs and RAMs on the CPU board. I just searched the datasheet of the Intel 8048 and found that the 8748 and 8749 are the UV-reasable EPROM variants of the 8048 and 8049 with 1/2kB ROM and 64/128 byte RAM respectively. I also found both a 8748 and a 8749 in my trash box.
So if you are sure that the AM8048 certainly is dead, I might unsolder the AM8048 in one of my 'used for parts' 3456A and try to read it's contents and to reprogram one of the 8748/8749s and then look whether I was successful and then send you one of these chips for a little money.