Author Topic: New ANENG Q1 9999 Counts ?  (Read 65037 times)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: New ANENG Q1 9999 Counts ?
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2018, 09:23:43 am »
well here is a tiny one with a lot of functions ...

https://ebay.us/A3r85e via @eBay

Maybe you should check the dimensions again...

(and the ZT301 is better)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:25:48 am by Fungus »

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2018, 04:59:48 pm »
It cannot be very occurate by design and it is not, no question. Not only not occurate and pure design,  it has also bugs and is not safe. It is very expensive piece of plastic.

Yes, the Aneng meter is a total waste of time, and anyone even thinking of it is best avoided...
Err, remind me again why you are frequenting this thread?  :P

It depends on your usage.  Not everyone's usage will be the same.  Just because it is a piece of junk to you, doesn't mean it is to someone else.  I have 2 in my company van, one as a spare in case I leave 1 behind at a site.  The meter has a very specific use checking a low resistance pass/fail on a field replaceable unit.  The meters compare favorably in readings to to my 5.5 digit bench meter.  Better yet, the 2 meters and a set of gold plated Brymen leads were less than the cost of a Fluke 101 and the small size is perfect for my toolbag.  The meters will never see mains voltage.  They may do continuity checks and DCV checks but the pass/fail resistance checks are the main usage.  On top of that I did the mods on both meters and they settle down very quickly when taking a reading.  There simply is no room in my toolbag to carry my Fluke 27/FM and I just gave my Velleman meter to one of my sons-in-law.  My other meters are bench meters.  For me, a good financial investment.  As always, YMMV.   :-DMM :-DMM
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: ebastler, MacMeter

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:33 pm »
It cannot be very occurate by design and it is not, no question. Not only not occurate and pure design,  it has also bugs and is not safe. It is very expensive piece of plastic.

Yes, the Aneng meter is a total waste of time, and anyone even thinking of it is best avoided...

It depends on your usage.  Not everyone's usage will be the same.  Just because it is a piece of junk to you, doesn't mean it is to someone else. [...]

I am very much with you on that. Hope it was clear that my post was meant as a tongue-in-cheek reply to MiroS's comment. (Or actually tongue-outside-of-cheek, looking at the smiley...)

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2018, 06:43:08 pm »
well here is a tiny one with a lot of functions ...

https://ebay.us/A3r85e via @eBay

Maybe you should check the dimensions again...

(and the ZT301 is better)

well in fact they are don't look much bigger from the images , but the buttons should add somewere :P Even then they are not very big multimeters.

Yes  it's different in the way that has the individual positions for currents and also temperature, but it looses the square wave.. and a off position :P
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2018, 11:24:38 pm »

It depends on your usage.  Not everyone's usage will be the same.  Just because it is a piece of junk to you, doesn't mean it is to someone else. [...]

I am very much with you on that. Hope it was clear that my post was meant as a tongue-in-cheek reply to MiroS's comment. (Or actually tongue-outside-of-cheek, looking at the smiley...)

Is is tongue in cheek or tongue at the right angle.  That's when the meter works the best! :-DD
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2018, 11:33:52 pm »
One thing is for sure on these meters, is that they don't stand well as the rugged ones or with holster, The Aneng Q1 also falls easly?
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2018, 01:39:37 am »
They don't.  I find myself using the Anengs laying down, unlike my Fluke 27/FM.  It is a very strong stand, no movement at all.  I would hazard a guess that if I were using them every day, the weak stand might bother me.  For the occasional use they get, laying them down is fine.  When I am on a short time frame to complete the call, I can't be arsed to worry about the meter falling over, on its back it goes.

Offline Johnboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2018, 02:15:42 pm »
Picture submitted for approximate size comparison (ANENG Q1 to ZT301), not to derail thread:

Models are Zotek ZT301 (on left, used only for low current measurements) and  ZT109/AN8008 (on right, used primarily for low voltage measurements).

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2018, 12:50:33 pm »

Eee .... every piece of plastic can be useful for something,  case of Aneng will be a good  soap dish probably or for smoething else maybe. Yes, use case is important, but what useful tool this will be if you have to remember - not in use for high voltage, not measure high current, think twice * 10 in which socet are you leads and what you are going to do, discharge youself before touching leads .... etc. etc.

Offline 001

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2018, 02:10:06 pm »
Yes, use case is important, but what useful tool this will be if you have to remember - not in use for high voltage, not measure high current, think twice * 10 in which socet are you leads and what you are going to do, discharge youself before touching leads .... etc. etc.

Nobody know his death time. It is a sin

Offline Johnboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2018, 05:03:19 pm »
I use the two cheap meters above in dedicated tandem, not because I'm afraid I'll forget what they're safe to be used for, but to remind myself not to flip the range switch unnecessarily during measurements and then have to replace tiny fuses after making one of My Careless Mistakes (TM). For those of us who can't justify the expense of an 80,000 count bench meter, they work well enough that I can put off using them as soap dishes for a year or so. I try not to confuse the display precision with genuine accuracy. I don't think these Aneng/Zotek meters are the greatest thing since sliced bread, far from it; but if you've used the free Harbor Freight meters, you can see why this is a marked upgrade. On the other hand, I can generally remember not to use those to try to discover what's going on with my electric clothes dryer either.

The following users thanked this post: 001

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2018, 07:47:54 am »

It depends on your usage.  Not everyone's usage will be the same.  Just because it is a piece of junk to you, doesn't mean it is to someone else.  I have 2 in my company van, one as a spare in case I leave 1 behind at a site.  The meter has a very specific use checking a low resistance pass/fail on a field replaceable unit.  The meters compare favorably in readings to to my 5.5 digit bench meter.  Better yet, the 2 meters and a set of gold plated Brymen leads were less than the cost of a Fluke 101 and the small size is perfect for my toolbag.  The meters will never see mains voltage.  They may do continuity checks and DCV checks but the pass/fail resistance checks are the main usage.  On top of that I did the mods on both meters and they settle down very quickly when taking a reading.  There simply is no room in my toolbag to carry my Fluke 27/FM and I just gave my Velleman meter to one of my sons-in-law.  My other meters are bench meters.  For me, a good financial investment.  As always, YMMV.   :-DMM :-DMM
I concluded the other day that if I sum all money spent for cheap metters  I relized immediately that  buying them has no any sense. Maybe only for fun, looking how badly they are made or how to hide reality behind marketing blablabla. people tend to take all if it free or close enaugh to free, no matter if they resly need this or it make any sense.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2018, 08:14:10 am »
I concluded the other day that if I sum all money spent for cheap metters  I relized immediately that  buying them has no any sense.

People who buy expensive meters say the same thing.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/

The following users thanked this post: 001, Jacon

Offline MiroS

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2018, 06:10:40 pm »
I concluded the other day that if I sum all money spent for cheap metters  I relized immediately that  buying them has no any sense.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/

People from this thread do not buy ANENG , they    buy   HP , Tektronix, Fluke ...  all usually for bargin price .  20- 30 USD for something like ANENG , it is way  much for it for me, e.g. Fluke 87V cost was 46EUR and 1 day repair, so  really ...  :P

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »
People from this thread do not buy ANENG , they    buy   HP , Tektronix, Fluke ...  all usually for bargin price .  20- 30 USD for something like ANENG , it is way  much for it for me, e.g. Fluke 87V cost was 46EUR and 1 day repair, so  really ...  :P

Sure we do, at least I do.  I have nicer meters, GW-Instek GDM-8251A, 2 HP 3466A and I am working on an HP 3478A, on the bench, a Fluke 27/FM for around the house and a Velleman I am giving to one of sons-in-law.  None of the above work for work.  The Anengs meet my very modest work requirements as stated in previous posts.  If I have to troubleshoot real voltage issues including mains voltages into power supplies, the equipment will get swapped out and I have 1 of the 3466As for the work side of things on that half of the bench.

I am not a snobby fanboy by any means.  I have 3 HP meters because the price was right.  Same thing for the Fluke and GW-Instek.  I buy what I can squeeze the money out for.  I have under $500 USD tied up in all 8 of my meters together, including buying a handful of Brymen test leads from Frankie.  I would love to have a pair of HP 3458As but that is unrealistic.  For the cost of just one, I bought my retired company van as a second vehicle.  Mrs GreyWoolfe is quite happy about having it.  She would not be so happy with me spending that much on a piece of "blinky sh!t" (her words) on my workbench.   :horse: is what she would do to me if I tried to do that.

Regardless of what you spend, $20 or $4500 for a meter, if you understand your meter's capabilities and limitations, does it really matter what the cost is if it does the job you need it to do?  I guarantee if I lose one of my Anengs, I will certainly replace it with another.  The only time it will spend in the house is to do the mods to it or replace batteries, otherwise it will live in the company van with its partner. :-DMM

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2018, 07:33:22 pm »
People from this thread do not buy ANENG

Rubbish. I've got three .

AB860B+  AN8008  AN101)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2018, 07:44:42 pm »
TBH, I suspect that by "this", MiroS meant "that" - in other words: instead of "the thread I am currently writing on" to "the thread just above my sentence"  :-DD

People from this that thread do not buy ANENG , they    buy   HP , Tektronix, Fluke ...  all usually for bargin price .  20- 30 USD for something like ANENG , it is way  much for it for me, e.g. Fluke 87V cost was 46EUR and 1 day repair, so  really ...  :P

Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline MacMeter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:57 pm »
Be great if I spoke the language, but even then can’t hear the audio, recorded incredibly LOW. Haven’t we seen this model here before?

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2018, 12:23:12 am »
Well it is in my native language but english would be more easier to all viewers. The multimeter felt at 17:53 :P

Offline J_C

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2019, 08:40:38 pm »
There is a Richmeters 409B variant of this on ebay right now for $8 Buy It Now.

Price almost seems too low, but There It Is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/With-Analog-Bar-Graph-NCV-AC-DC-RM409B-True-RMS-Digital-Multimeter-9999-Counts/283331646211

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2019, 09:14:07 pm »
Looks like a real bargain. These DMM's are OTP so blowout pricing is used to clear out bad firmware builds, or other "issues".

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
Looks like a real bargain.

Except it's a rubbish meter. I wouldn't buy one at any price.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2019, 10:37:14 pm »
I don't use these chinese builds as my main DMM, for something reliable to depend upon. That is for the made in USA DMM's...
But for $8, use it as a digital panel meter. Unless J_C is shill

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2019, 02:15:40 pm »
Similar deal but a sticker covers the Amps sockets. Ammeter ANENG Q1 True-RMS Digital Multimeter 9999:

https://ebay.us/uJHCMz

Can't see all text of the seal but looks like only a warning sticker

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2019, 02:30:24 pm »
Similar deal but a sticker covers the Amps sockets. Ammeter ANENG Q1

https://ebay.us/uJHCMz

Wouldn't that make it everything except an "ammeter"?  :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf