Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 822981 times)

Offline Neurosurg

• Contributor
Re: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004
« Reply #3125 on: October 09, 2022, 08:16:27 pm »
First pic - my scope as I get info form R&S Vendor dealer that is highly end, The oscilloscope, for example, is much better balanced, math has been there before, but a lot has been done. So for me there is no tragedy, I am still very happy.

A the end FFT in RTB2004-COM4, for me compare to cost are had to made ($3850) for a brand new plus
transport bag for free as a gift.I think I will leave the oscilloscope unless you disgust me so much that I have to give it back he he: D

Best wishes,
Michael.

Offline Neurosurg

• Contributor
« Reply #3126 on: October 09, 2022, 08:18:35 pm »
On siglent/lecroy you can define the colour of all traces(zoom, math, all channels, and so on) in a "free" manner (colour palette).
% too?
The color define is well the same wide.:)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3127 on: October 09, 2022, 08:26:19 pm »
On siglent/lecroy you can define the colour of all traces(zoom, math, all channels, and so on) in a "free" manner (colour palette).
% too?
From a Siglent webpage (easier to find than the screenshots posted before)

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline weekendEE

« Reply #3128 on: October 10, 2022, 05:16:05 pm »
Looking at the MXO 4 options I see there is a hardware option for "Mixed signal option for R&S®MXO4" with the description "Mixed signal, for R&S®MXO4 oscilloscopes, 16 channels, 5Gsa/s (hardware option)"

Upon further googling it appears this package is just two 8 channel logic probes, do you all think that the cheaper RT-ZL03 probes could be used instead of dropping 3,000 dollars for this option?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3129 on: October 10, 2022, 08:19:35 pm »
Looking at the MXO 4 options I see there is a hardware option for "Mixed signal option for R&S®MXO4" with the description "Mixed signal, for R&S®MXO4 oscilloscopes, 16 channels, 5Gsa/s (hardware option)"

Upon further googling it appears this package is just two 8 channel logic probes, do you all think that the cheaper RT-ZL03 probes could be used instead of dropping 3,000 dollars for this option?
No. The  RT-ZL03 uses a low cost ribbon cable + connector while the higher end oscilloscopes use a wide HDMI connector.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3130 on: October 10, 2022, 09:06:53 pm »

The package probably includes a software option code, as well as the probes.

Offline Neurosurg

• Contributor
« Reply #3131 on: October 11, 2022, 08:16:56 am »
% too?
From a Siglent webpage (easier to find than the screenshots posted before)

I don't have time to play with colors so deep in this issue, but on RTE1000 also is a App for fully free whatever you want on colors. Look carfully, is possibility to set / define color for Source: e.g. C1 (Channel one) and so on and so on.
And the edition is nearly simillar.
Pointless discution. :)

Best wishes,
Miichael.

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
  • Product Management Engineer, Rohde & Schwarz
    • Test and Measurement Fundamentals Playlist on the R&S YouTube channel
« Reply #3132 on: October 12, 2022, 12:08:53 am »

No. The  RT-ZL03 uses a low cost ribbon cable + connector while the higher end oscilloscopes use a wide HDMI connector.

This is correct - the RT-ZL03 connector is primarily for the RTB scopes, while the MXO4 (and most other R&S scopes) uses the HDMI-like RT-ZL04 (see photo)

Test and Measurement Fundamentals video series on the Rohde & Schwarz YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKxVoO5jUTlvsVtDcqrVn0ybqBVlLj2z8

Free online test and measurement fundamentals courses from Rohde & Schwarz:  https://tinyurl.com/mv7a4vb6

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, weekendEE

Offline weekendEE

« Reply #3133 on: October 12, 2022, 02:49:37 am »
Ah interesting thank you for the clarification! Really hoping there might be a full package promo on the horizon for the MXO4, my add ons cart has stacked up to a significant amount.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3134 on: October 12, 2022, 05:36:01 am »
Ah interesting thank you for the clarification! Really hoping there might be a full package promo on the horizon for the MXO4, my add ons cart has stacked up to a significant amount.

Not that I am aware of. I was told that due to component supply issues, production is tight, so that might impact any deals. But I'd be surprised if your dealer doesn't have the leeway to bundle some options to get the sale.
I now have my MXO4 in the lab ready for unboxing, much to the chagrin of the local HQ who don't have one  ;D

Also, I was reminded that the RTB2000 is rather an old model, so, umm...  ;)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Rich@RohdeScopesUSA, pdenisowski, Martin72

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3135 on: October 12, 2022, 06:04:57 pm »
I now have my MXO4 in the lab ready for unboxing, much to the chagrin of the local HQ who don't have one  ;D

Only very special people get one of the first MXO4s  :)
Test and Measurement Fundamentals video series on the Rohde & Schwarz YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKxVoO5jUTlvsVtDcqrVn0ybqBVlLj2z8

Free online test and measurement fundamentals courses from Rohde & Schwarz:  https://tinyurl.com/mv7a4vb6

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3136 on: October 12, 2022, 07:06:22 pm »
Hey, I´m very special too... 8)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3137 on: October 12, 2022, 07:17:31 pm »

Good to know that people in Australia local HQ are not special...   >:D

The following users thanked this post: Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

Offline Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3138 on: October 12, 2022, 08:22:14 pm »

LOL - they're important too - but we wanted to make sure Dave would get one ASAP  ;D

-Rich

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3139 on: October 12, 2022, 08:33:58 pm »

LOL - they're important too - but we wanted to make sure Dave would get one ASAP  ;D

-Rich

I know, I know,  but it was too good to pass up!! ( Sorry @pdenisowski, no hard feelings, I hope!)

Take care Rich!!
Sinisa

The following users thanked this post: Rich@RohdeScopesUSA, pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3140 on: October 12, 2022, 08:34:39 pm »

-Rich
Take care Rich!!
Sinisa
You too :-+

-Rich

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3141 on: October 12, 2022, 08:36:11 pm »
Too many things (aka competitor's new babies) currently going on on EEVBLOG for R&S to spend time entertaining their AUS HQ people...
I genuinely wish I could make things happen that fast :palm: - this has been in progress for some time. 

-Rich

Offline pdenisowski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3142 on: October 12, 2022, 08:59:02 pm »
I know, I know,  but it was too good to pass up!! ( Sorry @pdenisowski, no hard feelings, I hope!)

None whatsoever :) We're all one big happy family here at R&S.

(Seriously - it's a great place to work)

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3143 on: October 12, 2022, 09:12:24 pm »

Hmm, don't get Aussies or Kiwis started on support from overseas companies. It can be a very sensitive subject.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3144 on: October 12, 2022, 09:18:11 pm »
Gentlemen, beware! R&S staff is sponsoring the derailing of this thread!

BTW, kudos to both R&S members for participating in the forum. Truly enrich the forum and increases my respect for the R&S brand.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Rich@RohdeScopesUSA, pdenisowski

Offline balnazzar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3145 on: October 12, 2022, 09:46:13 pm »

Only very special people get one, no matter when. Period  ::)

Offline Neurosurg

• Contributor
« Reply #3146 on: October 13, 2022, 04:10:27 am »
Too many things (aka competitor's new babies) currently going on on EEVBLOG for R&S to spend time entertaining their AUS HQ people...
I genuinely wish I could make things happen that fast :palm: - this has been in progress for some time. 

-Rich
Rich there are rumors that the MXO4 is going to replace the RTE1000, is that true?
Secondly, I have a request, I do not want to take up your time, but please direct me where I should ask for RTE loan for tests, I guess there will be no problem with that?
Dave mentioned in the post above that the RTB2000 is an old oscilloscope, I do not know where the campaign for this model is from, I am extremely happy with it, instead of buying RTM3004-COM4, ​​I preferred to spend much more money on RTE1024 with full opt.

Thank you very much,
Yours sincerely,

Michael

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3147 on: October 13, 2022, 10:48:44 pm »

-Rich
Rich there are rumors that the MXO4 is going to replace the RTE1000, is that true?
Secondly, I have a request, I do not want to take up your time, but please direct me where I should ask for RTE loan for tests, I guess there will be no problem with that?
Dave mentioned in the post above that the RTB2000 is an old oscilloscope, I do not know where the campaign for this model is from, I am extremely happy with it, instead of buying RTM3004-COM4, ​​I preferred to spend much more money on RTE1024 with full opt.

Thank you very much,
Yours sincerely,

Michael
Hi Michael - The MXO 4 doesn’t replace the RTE.  The RTE still does a number of things the MXO doesn’t (e.g. certain trigger/decodes, additional analysis, it's Windows-based, etc).  But the RTE is one of our older platforms and as we’ve said all along, the MXO 4 is the “first of a new generation” of scopes  ;D 

With all that said, if you don't need all the analysis capabilities of a Windows platform, the MXO 4 is amazing (IMHO) and I wouldn't hesitate in a second to buy it versus a RTE. 

Hope this helps.

-Rich

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3148 on: October 13, 2022, 11:06:12 pm »
Gentlemen, wouldn´t it be good to start a new thread instead using the RTB2000 thread for a different scope... ;)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, edavid, Fgrir, jusaca, Rich@RohdeScopesUSA, Detlev

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3149 on: October 14, 2022, 01:13:33 am »
Yes, but this thread has a killer name and that really changes the game  ;)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf