Author Topic: Oh NO! I'm never buying any Agilent Keysight equipment ever again!  (Read 73288 times)

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: Oh NO! I'm never buying any Agilent Keysight equipment ever again!
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »
I can't believe I'm the only person here who thinks the demand that Keysight repair an out of warranty scope is absurd.

There was ample time to check the scope before the warranty period ended.

The warranty terms were clear when you bought the unit. You had the opportunity to extend that warranty but decided not to spend the money.

It's not even the request for help that I take issue with, it'a the arrogance and the sense of entitlement that goes along with it.

If I were Keysight I would politely point to your warranty terms and send you on your way.

Through-out this thread I have generally felt the same as you, so you're not alone.

This may have turned out to be a special case in a way as it seems the series of scopes may have a problem with flash retention while sitting/non use. This wasn't known though when the post was started.
With that in mind I am glad Keysight seems to be stepping up to the plate and taking care of customers. I have a DSOX3xxx scope on my "to buy" list and this issue is giving me some hesitation knowing just how high the out of warranty repair prices are.
VE7FM

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »
This may have turned out to be a special case in a way as it seems the series of scopes may have a problem with flash retention while sitting/non use.

That is not an issue, nor is it the issue experienced in this case.

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2016, 06:22:24 pm »
I can't believe I'm the only person here who thinks the demand that Keysight repair an out of warranty scope is absurd.

The warranty terms were clear when you bought the unit. You had the opportunity to extend that warranty but decided not to spend the money.

It's not even the request for help that I take issue with, it'a the arrogance and the sense of entitlement that goes along with it.

If I were Keysight I would politely point to your warranty terms and send you on your way.

Through-out this thread I have generally felt the same as you, so you're not alone.

This may have turned out to be a special case in a way as it seems the series of scopes may have a problem with flash retention while sitting/non use. This wasn't known though when the post was started.
With that in mind I am glad Keysight seems to be stepping up to the plate and taking care of customers. I have a DSOX3xxx scope on my "to buy" list and this issue is giving me some hesitation knowing just how high the out of warranty repair prices are.

Base warranty is 3 years. Full repair overage after that is only $118 a year. Seems like cheap insurance for a $3000+ scope. Keysight is being very reasonable with their extended warranty pricing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:24:08 pm by GlowingGhoul »

Offline bsgdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »

Who demanded a repair out of warranty here? I didnt. But I sure got shocked and pissed that the repair price was more than a new unit.

And I only had 30 days to test the unit. Maybe ample time to you, but not for me. :-+

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2016, 06:29:48 pm »

Between the likelihood of a latent design defect, the fact that a replacement scope was also defective, and the absurd quoted repair cost as compared to the price of the scope, intervention in this instance is appropriate.  If the repair cost was a few hundred dollars, I doubt we'd be talking about this.

Between the likelihood of a latent design defect, the fact that a replacement scope was also defective, and the absurd quoted repair cost as compared to the price of the scope, intervention in this instance is appropriate.  If the repair cost was a few hundred dollars, I doubt we'd be talking about this.

Exactly!  :-+

This may have turned out to be a special case in a way as it seems the series of scopes may have a problem with flash retention while sitting/non use.

I guess you did not read the thread through. Yes, this is the case why I got a replacement in the first place!

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2016, 06:33:01 pm »
I guess you did not read the thread through. Yes, this is the case why I got a replacement in the first place!

Which is entirely irrelevant to the second failure.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2016, 06:38:13 pm »

Which is entirely irrelevant to the second failure.

Yes, but not irrelevant to this discussion. If it wasnt for that failure, this thread wouldnt exist.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2016, 06:47:20 pm »

Perhaps a bit of a leap but I was wondering if the two issues might be related. Perhaps the PLL error is because a value from flash was not read correctly or was corrupted.
VE7FM

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »
It's possible, but he should have gotten a whole new acquisition board after the last round.  If this is the issue, it's the first time I've seen it in my few years working with these scopes.

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2016, 04:44:31 am »
It would be nice if we could order 'soft' things like extending our warranties directly from keysights website...

The following users thanked this post: LA7SJA, LabSpokane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:41 am »
It would be nice if we could order 'soft' things like extending our warranties directly from keysights website...

Not only this, but it would also be nice if we could order any parts to fix any products from Keysight :)

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2016, 12:09:14 pm »
Be even nicer if we could order their entire product line directly from their website...

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2016, 12:15:01 pm »
Be even nicer if we could order their entire product line directly from their website...

Yep, with reasonably priced worldwide shipping (lots of people don't care it it takes two weeks  to arrive, honestly!), proper TAX invoicing, and a working support network.

I mean, what exactly is preventing companies from doing this?  :-//

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:02 pm »
2 weeks would be great, I ordered a couple of probes recently and was told it could take upto 7 weeks!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2016, 12:28:20 pm »

Yep, with reasonably priced worldwide shipping (lots of people don't care it it takes two weeks  to arrive, honestly!), proper TAX invoicing, and a working support network.

Agree  :-+

Offline LA7SJA

• Regular Contributor
  • Acting user manual reader & forum search engine
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2016, 02:03:44 pm »

One word "Dealerships".

Johan-Fredrik
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you"

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2016, 03:51:44 pm »
Para de chorar, falar mal de seu pais, pega um aviao pra Miami e conserta lá.

Qualquer ligação para os USA via Skype é de graça

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2016, 04:22:45 pm »

One word "Dealerships" Dinosaurs.

FTFY.

The "dinosaur" system of distribution has been made obsolete by the Internet.

Offline LA7SJA

• Regular Contributor
  • Acting user manual reader & forum search engine
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »

FTFY.

I regret to inform you that this is not the case with Keysight! If i press [Get Quote] i am directed to www.4test.no.

Johan-Fredrik
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you"

Offline pxl

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2016, 07:33:23 pm »

FTFY.

I regret to inform you that this is not the case with Keysight! If i press [Get Quote] i am directed to www.4test.no.

Johan-Fredrik

The best thing, that I even did not get quote for my request, because I was not able to prove that I am worthy enough to buy anything from the Mighty Company. Ahh, poor myself :(

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »
Quick update:

Daniel sent me an e-mail yesterday. He's been working with his team and talking to some people to try to get this situation sorted out.
I really believe Keysight will stand to its reputation and get this porperly taken care of.

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »
Quick update:

Daniel sent me an e-mail yesterday. He's been working with his team and talking to some people to try to get this situation sorted out.
I really believe Keysight will stand to its reputation and get this porperly taken care of.

Its kind of creepy people have only him to rely on! What if he changes company? I dont like the situation, i dont want any customer support at all, if the TE work as advertised no support would be needed! :scared:
If i buy Rigoletto or Sigeletto i know for sure i wont get any support at all and if i do its rotten!  :)
However if i buy a GDS2204E from GW Instek i actually get bug fix within weeks even days! ^-^

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2016, 09:59:16 pm »
Hi @MT,

I'm definitely the main person present on this forum, but we do a lot of repairs, cal, & servicing everyday without me having to intervene (thank goodness!).  I really like my job here at Keysight, so there are no plans there!

I agree that it's best if no one ever needs customer support, but as engineers we all know that's not a reality. Part of why I'm on this forum is to be a double check to make sure things don't slip through the cracks. This is a good example of a weird corner case that our normal processes won't necessarily catch so I can intervene and help out. It's also worth noting that our call center application engineers were also ready to jump in and help out, but since I'd already started working on it I told them I'd take care of it.

The following users thanked this post: linux-works, pmcouto, Teneyes, jancumps, bitseeker

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »
Quick update:

Its kind of creepy people have only him to rely on! What if he changes company? I dont like the situation, i dont want any customer support at all, if the TE work as advertised no support would be needed! :scared:
If i buy Rigoletto or Sigeletto i know for sure i wont get any support at all and if i do its rotten!  :)
However if i buy a GDS2204E from GW Instek i actually get bug fix within weeks even days! ^-^

Whoa. Back up the truck there my friend. The fact that Keysight endorses its employee to use this forum to assist in customer interactions and general QC is a positive sign. Very positive.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:27 pm »
Careful, or this thread will turn into another DSO pissing competition.  :--
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf