Author Topic: Philips PM93  (Read 2854 times)

Offline minnwellTopic starter

Philips PM93
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:25:27 am »
hello,

i am a beginner in this forum, i think that i have selected the right place to ask my question,

so, i have a old philips PM93 that is working like a charm, but the fluke 93/philips PM93 are missing the print function, but have the RS-232 Optical IR port.

i have already build the IR transceiver for pc (here is the link http://omapalvelin.homedns.org/fluke/) to connect to my philips PM93, and Scopegrab 32 detect my scopemeter but it can show anything and return "cannot change to 9600 baud".

after a lot of research, I concluded that the PM93 and PM97 have the same internal components (EPROM, microprocessor...)  !
so i think that the difference is just in the firmware or the software.

my question, if i put the PM97 firmware in PM93, is it possible to have print function ?

thanks in advance

Offline minnwellTopic starter

Re: Philips PM93
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:43:26 am »
just to show pictures of internal PM93

Offline Hairystuff

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:14:06 am »
Hi, would it be possible for you to dump the eprom content as the one in my PM93 has been corrupted

Offline harrimansat

• Regular Contributor

Online TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 09:41:22 pm »
I'ld urgently recommend to replace these electrolytics. Once I owned a scopemeter of this heritage and its demise started with these caps leaking, finally resulting in (at least that's what I assume after considerable time spent testing) a failed bonding wire in the LSI Logic chip -- which sealed its fate.

BTW: Mine was a PM97 and it had both EPROM footprints populated. During failure analysis I had both the chips out and read them. For the rare event anyone might find the contents useful, here's the archive!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 09:47:57 pm by TurboTom »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf