Author Topic: Post your test equipment rebadges here  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Scratch.HTFTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Post your test equipment rebadges here
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:21:58 am »
(originally posted at Badcaps.net)
Somehow, I have managed to identify certain pieces of rebadged electronics to their OEM.
If you know the rebadged model, there could be some hackability in it (especially if it runs on Linux!)

So far, here are three models (Jaycar brand Digitech) I have matched to their OEM:
QC-1929 = Hantek 6022BE
QC-1932 = Atten ADS1022C
QC-1936 = Hantek DSO4000C - it has the same cabinet as my Hantek HDG2000

So if you can positively match a particular model of test equipment with its OEM model e.g. Digitech (Jaycar) and Hantek with specific model numbers, please post it here.
If it runs on Linux, there is some hackability in it.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Post your test equipment rebadges here
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 09:24:59 am »
I think you may discover that all of the Digitech products sold through Jaycar and elsewhere are just rebadged from various manufacturers, a large number of the Digitech multimeters Jaycar carry are made by CEM but not all of them, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure Digitech products are also sold internationally through a variety of other retail outlets.

You can add this one to your list, the Digitech QC-1934 sold through Jaycar is in fact a Siglent SDS 1102CML. Anyway, you might want to create an editable reference list otherwise the thread will end up all over the place and not be very helpful to those seeking this type of information.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 10:48:55 am »
Other sellers who are infamous for rebadging and have a place the in the list:

• Farnell
  • RS
  • Maplin (Once the UK's Jaycar, now probably closer to the UK's Dick Smith, if I understand the Aussie vendor's market positioning properly.

If I have a think about it I can probably add some RS kit to the list, albeit probably more historical items.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 11:13:16 am »
Yes, you are spot on, I remember once posting in the Siglent SDM-3055 thread where RS Components had claimed and badged that particular meter as their own, in addition to whacking a huge margin on it compared to other existing distributors.

Also I discovered this site recently which lists and compares the basic specifications of a variety of scopes, it might come in handy for somebody after just a quick comparison between models, beware though as I'm not sure how often it gets updated but I would guess it has been a while.

Scopechart.com
http://www.scopechart.com

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 01:08:49 pm »
I recently saw a tenma power supply that was a rebadge of a TTI (Thurlby Thandar). The tenma ones are going for about half the price of the tti ones on eBay too :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf