Author Topic: Purchasing a RIGOL DS1054Z  (Read 27346 times)

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
Re: Purchasing a RIGOL DS1054Z
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 08:02:50 pm »
I don't really have an issue with Tequipment. They handled my cancellation without issues. Although I do agree they should update the order page. I placed an order waited for a month until the first ship date they provided, when it didn't ship I cancelled the order. Time is money and I needed a scope for a project I am working on.

I did as much as I could with my old CRO but I wanted to double check my design with a DSO. My CRO has some issues with single shot functionality which made testing certain things difficult.

So I ordered a DS2072A instead. It arrived in 2 days. And now I am a happy camper. I don't have 4 channels but I have 2Gsa/s, and it unlocks to 300Mhz. It's twice the price but worth it for the specs. Kind of happy I went this route anyways. With the external trigger I can trigger my CRO with it if I need more channels.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:05:38 pm by Muxr »

Offline retrojim

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:48 pm »
Mine finally shipped from Allied and I'll have it Tuesday. TEquipment said "almost all" of the US shipments are going to them so I must be getting one of the few that didn't. My neighbor is our regional Allied rep and she let me use her employee discount so I got it much cheaper than the eevblog discount at TEquipment, or I would have ordered from them. She told me Allied had 100 on order in February when I ordered, which is the pool I got one allocated from.

I'm glad these things are finally shaking loose. I can't complain about the wait, but the longshoremen slowdown sure screwed the west coast of the US. Here in Portland we even lost our biggest port employer (Hanjin) because of it.

--Jim

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 11:23:11 am »
For those who plan to buy DS1054Z (or any other scope) scope in Europe from Batronix - significant price increase is coming due to changes in USD/EUR exchange rate. DS1054Z will cost 339€ from April 15th (it costs 299€ till April 14th).

Full price change list is here: http://www.batronix.com/pdf/Priceadjustment_Rigol.pdf

Offline gmit77

• Regular Contributor
  • !
    • Batter Fly
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:09 am »
For those who plan to buy DS1054Z (or any other scope) scope in Europe from Batronix - significant price increase is coming due to changes in USD/EUR exchange rate. DS1054Z will cost 339€ from April 15th (it costs 299€ till April 14th).

Full price change list is here: http://www.batronix.com/pdf/Priceadjustment_Rigol.pdf
yes confirmed, however we have a good amount of units purchased at the old price, we have to show the new price on the website, but still we can offer here a discount code.
we have stock now.
Batter Fly
never stop innovating

Offline erazmus

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 02:43:33 pm »
March 31 was the latest shipping estimate on my TEquipment order, so I messaged the company this morning to see when I would get my tracking number.  This is the canned response I got:

The Rigol DS1054Z units should be shipping to us by the end of the this month to be shipped to you within mid April. As soon as tracking information is assigned to your order, you will be notified via email.

Unfortunately, the port strike on the West coast assisted in the delay with the shipments on these units. We appreciate your patience and value your business. If there is anything that our customer service team can assist you with in the meantime, please let us know.

Looks like I'm waiting another two weeks :(

Offline skyjumper

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »
March 31 was the latest shipping estimate on my TEquipment order, so I messaged the company this morning to see when I would get my tracking number.  This is the canned response I got:

The Rigol DS1054Z units should be shipping to us by the end of the this month to be shipped to you within mid April. As soon as tracking information is assigned to your order, you will be notified via email.

Unfortunately, the port strike on the West coast assisted in the delay with the shipments on these units. We appreciate your patience and value your business. If there is anything that our customer service team can assist you with in the meantime, please let us know.

Looks like I'm waiting another two weeks :(

Good things come to those who wait! Look at the bright side, the low availability means everyone wants one, meaning its a great toy!

Offline Adam5400

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »
If you absolutely cannot wait and are willing to give up the TEquipment discount, both Allied and Adafruit (lol) have the DS1054z in stock. Both end up being at least $30 more expensive (though potentially quite a bit more), but they do have them.

Offline erazmus

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 04:40:48 pm »
If you absolutely cannot wait and are willing to give up the TEquipment discount, both Allied and Adafruit (lol) have the DS1054z in stock. Both end up being at least $30 more expensive (though potentially quite a bit more), but they do have them.
I wish I'd have known Adafruit had them - I could have bought it with Bitcoin :)

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 05:19:28 pm »
A shipment of DS1054Z's arrived on 3/31 and we have started to ship our back orders. ALL back orders  will be shipped by 4/10 and we will have over 200 units in stock for future orders.

I have 300 more due in 3 weeks as well with more right behind that shipment.  These are all from orders last year.

Best Regards,
Evan Cirelli

Vice Presdient
TEquipment.NET

Offline skyjumper

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »

Adafruit is actually $449.00 plus shipping. Maybe because of the limited stock, of maybe they are just more expensive across the board. Either way, not great.

Even if another vendor had the same deal for immediate delivery, I would stick with TEquipment. They have offered us a discount, answer questions by phone and online chat, have good pricing even before the discount, been keeping us informed about their stock and they actually post here. They work hard to earn our business, so let's show them that good customers service pays off. For us, its worth building a decent relationship with a vendor.

And really, does a few more days matter? How long do you plan to own this scope?

Offline Adam5400

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 09:02:24 pm »

Adafruit is actually $449.00 plus shipping. Maybe because of the limited stock, of maybe they are just more expensive across the board. Either way, not great.

Even if another vendor had the same deal for immediate delivery, I would stick with TEquipment. They have offered us a discount, answer questions by phone and online chat, have good pricing even before the discount, been keeping us informed about their stock and they actually post here. They work hard to earn our business, so let's show them that good customers service pays off. For us, its worth building a decent relationship with a vendor.

And really, does a few more days matter? How long do you plan to own this scope?

Don't shoot the messenger. I definitely agree that TEquipment is the best choice, but there are also definitely reasons that someone may need a scope sooner. I don't think it's worth the extra money especially since there won't be much time difference, but some people might.

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 10:01:00 pm »
How are people's luck with the X1/X10 switch on Rigol's probes?

Out of my eight probes, I think I only have one or two on which the X1 position works properly. The six others either look dodgy (the switch sometimes fails to short out the X10 attenuator, either on its own or with a light touch on the switch) and at least one of them looks like absolute garbage on the X1 position, as if it was connected to a random waveform generator.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 10:42:10 pm »
Not sure why they even bother offeing the x1/x10 switch, they should have done like on the DS2072A when they only offered x10 probes with no switch.

I guess if you work at lower frequencies maybe its useful?

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 10:47:46 pm »
Not sure why they even bother offeing the x1/x10 switch, they should have done like on the DS2072A when they only offered x10 probes with no switch.

You can bet they shipped the cheapest.

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 11:13:45 pm »
1X is also useful when you want to probe mV-scale stuff like ripple on supply rails or voltage across a 0.1 ohm current-sensing resistor - that's what I use my scopes on most of the time.

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 02:38:10 pm »

A small piece of the units that arrived 4/1.

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET

Offline erazmus

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »
I see mine!  Bottom right.  Looking forward to it.

Offline ripnet

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET

Yay mine is in there also. Finally!! :)

Offline tech5940

• Supporter
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 04:07:25 pm »

Adam5400, thanks for the heads up on Allied. I ended up ordering mine yesterday and received it this morning. For any Canadians out there shipping was painless with the UPS worldwide saver option , $19 next day delivery to my city with no extra charges at the door.  They only had 12 in stock though when I placed my order so it might not last long.

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 05:06:54 pm »
1 out of 4 was bad, but a squirt of contact cleaner fixed it, no problems since.
I contacted Rigol yesterday, got a response early this morning asking me my address to ship replacements. That was surprisingly quick and painless assuming that is all there will be to it. There was no mention of having to ship the problematic probes back, so I'm guessing I will have 4-6 probes for sacrificial/parts use.

If having Rigol ship replacements is this easy, I imagine replacements must be biting a fair chunk out of Rigol's margin on those low-end scopes. I cannot imagine this being more profitable than spending $0.10 more per probe on implementing a more reliable switch - at least not with the 75% defect rate I have seen with mine. It does not do their reputation any good either.

Offline erazmus

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 08:51:44 pm »
... and I just received my TEquipment shipping confirmation.

Offline skyjumper

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 09:21:02 pm »
Cool! So i was thinking about ordering a multi meter to be shipped along with my scope, I guess I had better decide quick!

Offline ripnet

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 11:16:04 pm »
... and I just received my TEquipment shipping confirmation.

Lucky. It's past 7PM EST, and I don't have mine yet. :(

Offline erazmus

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
Lucky. It's past 7PM EST, and I don't have mine yet. :(
Perhaps check your order online. I saw a tracking number show up on the order this morning, but didn't receive the email until late this afternoon.  But it's coming UPS ground to Canada, so I've probably got another week to wait.

Offline Wmacky

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2015, 01:42:53 am »

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET

Any prediction as to when these may become regularly in stock?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf