Author Topic: REVIEW - Owon SDS7102 - A look at the SDS series from Owon  (Read 1323490 times)

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
Re: REVIEW - Owon SDS7102 - A look at the SDS series from Owon
« Reply #2750 on: April 09, 2020, 07:14:58 am »
In the past for trying to understand why all that noise i've moved this diabolic thing also outside the house, with no improvement. AFAIK nothing has changed, have the same things aroud (only added some instruments, nothing removed).
No battery attached.
The only thing is that now i leave the main switch on, and i use the top on/off button to turn it on. This result to have the green light powered on all the time.
Today i check if from really cold state has the noise, but in past i've already tried to leave it on without appreciable result.
If it remain in this way, i have no need to replace the smps for something less noisy, but i hate things that fix itselves, as have the tendency to broke itselves with same rapidity. I'll teardown it into little pieces >:D

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2751 on: April 09, 2020, 07:42:30 am »
In the past for trying to understand why all that noise i've moved this diabolic thing also outside the house, with no improvement. AFAIK nothing has changed, have the same things aroud (only added some instruments, nothing removed).
No battery attached.
The only thing is that now i leave the main switch on, and i use the top on/off button to turn it on. This result to have the green light powered on all the time.
Today i check if from really cold state has the noise, but in past i've already tried to leave it on without appreciable result.
If it remain in this way, i have no need to replace the smps for something less noisy, but i hate things that fix itselves, as have the tendency to broke itselves with same rapidity. I'll teardown it into little pieces >:D
You might be very surprised where noise can come from.
My customer had a similar problem with his new SDS1104X-E and after some emails and phone calls the source was found to be a cellphone charger some meters away and behind a curtain and the mystery deepened when he did not know who it belonged to or when it got there !
Turned OFF and of course the problem was gone.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2752 on: April 09, 2020, 08:24:53 am »
All the chargers remained the same around the scope (and in the room). I have the scope at least from 6/7 years and was always noisy. Today i do some tests.
Maybe one of my neighbours had something transmitting at high power? Strange because the noise was at a switching frequency.
Need some test..

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #2753 on: April 09, 2020, 10:00:33 am »
... well, add to the fact that many users have reported a very similar issue in that scope, as have I, your job is made more difficult. Carry on Columbo :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline jemangedeslolos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2754 on: April 09, 2020, 11:24:55 am »
Hello,

I have a dedicated lab for my work 15km from the house.
When I received my previous oscilloscope, I was surprised by the noise.
I double checked my measurements, my probes, moved my oscilloscope.....nothing change. But at home everything was normal.

My lab is near a military zone....I don't know what they are doing there but we probably add to this a lack of shielding and we have the beginning of an explanation  ;D

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2755 on: December 12, 2020, 12:02:55 pm »
While trying to reduce a bit the noise made by the smps, i've ordered some nichicon pw series capacitors (not the lowest possible esr, but i tought that maybe were better than original)  to put in psu and adapter board. To my surprise, the chmec oem capacitors used aren't that bad. The 1000uF 16v (all tests done at 1khz with deere de 5000) are 0.039mohm while the pw are 0.061, while the 470uF 16v are 0.062 vs 0.117 of the pw. Now, worth replacing them? The original are 7y old, but very light use.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:46:08 pm by masterx81 »

Offline MF-jockey

• Contributor
« Reply #2756 on: February 23, 2021, 10:21:24 pm »
The third issue is that vertical position adjustment is a bit jumpy. Basically, I'd adjust it in one direction and the line would go up and down and sometimes multiple steps for one step of encoder rotation. My gut feeling is that it's most certainly a bad encoder, but I thought I'd just mention it here for completeness's sake.

No idea about the other questions, but the  jumpiness is just crappy firmware in the scope.  All mechanical switches such as the ones in the rotary encoders are noisy and need some kind of debouncing.  The firmware in the scope does a really bad job with debouncing and the position will jump.  I have that problem with all rotary encory encoders on my scope even if some of them are worse than others.

For anyone with such problems, I was able to fix this with a couple of capacitors on the encoders:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/owon-sds7102v-problem-with-encoders/msg3479200/#msg3479200

Offline Suzook

• Contributor
« Reply #2757 on: June 03, 2022, 02:31:45 pm »
Has anyone found a way to flash a Chinese eds102 with sds7102 fw? Thanks

The following users thanked this post: caheo

Offline caheo

• Contributor
« Reply #2758 on: March 01, 2023, 03:41:44 am »
Has anyone found a way to flash a Chinese eds102 with sds7102 fw? Thanks
I got EDS102CV stuck at logo boot loop, did you try to flash sds7102 firmware over eds102?

Offline caheo

• Contributor
« Reply #2759 on: March 06, 2023, 07:48:18 am »
Is there anyone who has a NAND flash dump for Micron 29F1G08ABAEA? Or, is it the same as Samsung K9F1G08?

Also, has anyone flashed NAND-flash using J-Link v8 for example? Or using LPT wiggler is a must? Thanks!

Offline Sergey61

« Reply #2760 on: April 21, 2024, 10:03:14 am »
дамп одинаковый будет.я вообще поставил f59l1g81a,и прошил дампом с самсунг микросхемы. и вопрос,есть ли у кого дамп с sds8102?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf