Products > Test Equipment

rigol ds2202 does not auto on i2c

<< < (3/3)

Aido4ever:

--- Quote from: marmad on May 02, 2013, 06:02:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: Aido4ever on May 02, 2013, 05:52:57 pm ---thanks for taking your time for explaining me. but i did all that several times and with no success. what is the SDATrashold and the SCLKTrashold?
--- End quote ---
I think if you don't understand what SDA and SCLK threshold voltages are, I'm not really sure you understand the protocol well enough to be trying to decode it. Perhaps you need to first read about the protocol at websites like this: http://www.i2c-bus.org/common-problems/

--- End quote ---

I understand the protocol from what i've read. i wrote this ptrotocol in a project i'm working on and it's working well. i just wanted to learn how to display it on my new scope.

Aido4ever:
I found what my problem was. while uploading the pictures i found out i accedently set the SDAtrashold to 4.8mv instead of 4.8v...

but why it's not setting it automatically? why there is a need to set the trashold manually and the vold/dev?
isn't it suppose to do it automatically?

thanks

marmad:

--- Quote from: Aido4ever on May 02, 2013, 06:14:47 pm ---I found what my problem was. while uploading the pictures i found out i accedently set the SDAtrashold to 4.8mv instead of 4.8v...

but why it's not setting it automatically? why there is a need to set the trashold manually and the vold/dev?
isn't it suppose to do it automatically?

thanks

--- End quote ---

No. The thresholds are normally 0.3 Vcc and 0.7 Vcc - how would the DSO know what Vcc is?

I really wish oscilloscope makers would get rid of the AUTOset button - since they actually do so very little, but their presence seems to convince many users that they do a lot.

Hydrawerk:
The Autoset button on my DSOX2002A is entrenched (deepened) because real engineers don't use it often. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/my-new-toy-%29-agilent-dsox2002a-sex-on-a-stick!/?action=dlattach;attach=44101;image

EV:

--- Quote from: Hydrawerk on May 02, 2013, 07:22:02 pm ---real engineers don't use it often

--- End quote ---

It is better to learn to use brains than "auto buttons".  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version