Author Topic: LCR Impedance Viewer for Picoscope+Keysight+R&S Bode Plot Data (open source)  (Read 84704 times)

0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline RPuccio

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 28
  • Country: fr
Hi _Wim_,

Sorry for bothering you again, but it seems like I now have a weird issue with the software (haven't used it for a while). I now run Windows 11 and recently reinstalled FRA4PS v0.9.0, PicoSDK x64 v11.1.0.418 and ImpedanceViewer1014. Unfortunately, I now encounter an error while running the software when I click on the Measure > Picoscope button, which reads the following :

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
HRESULT Exception : 0x8007000B"

If I click "ok", the setup window opens and I get a crash when starting measurement with the same erreor code and the following exception text. Any idea what I am doing wrong here, by any chance ? Should I raise an issue on Github instead ?

Thank you very much,
Best regards,
Rodolphe




************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Tentative de chargement d’un programme de format incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8007000B)
   à FRA_IMP.FRA4PicoscopeAPI.Initialize()
   à FRA_IMP.FRA4Picoscope.ConnectPicoscope()
   à FRA_IMP.FRA4Picoscope.CheckSettings()
   à FRA_IMP.MeasurePicoscope.StartMeasurement()
   à FRA_IMP.MeasurePicoscope.buttonStartMeasurement_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9300.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FRA_IMP
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.14
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.14
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files/ImpedanceViewer1014/FRA_IMP.exe
----------------------------------------
WHConsult.Utils
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files/ImpedanceViewer1014/WHConsult.Utils.DLL
----------------------------------------
System
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9282.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9256.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
log4net
    Version de l'assembly : 1.2.11.0
    Version Win32 : 1.2.11.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files/ImpedanceViewer1014/log4net.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9297.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
Accessibility
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Data
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9214.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
----------------------------------------
mscorlib.resources
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
----------------------------------------

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

 

Offline coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8780
  • Country: ca
do you have  dot Net v 4.8 installed,  seems some of them are .net related ??   

HRESULT Exception : 0x8007000B"   is dot net related ?

search all dll file names,  it may point you to say some packages needed to be installed ?    like C++ runtimes, VB runtimes or else ...  or even some could be not registered ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2025, 12:54:49 am by coromonadalix »
 

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1649
  • Country: be
Will have a look at this in the weekend. One question, does FRA4PS run fine on that machine directly using the FRA4PS GUI? (it seems like it is triggered directly from FRA4PS)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2025, 06:52:10 pm by _Wim_ »
 

Offline RPuccio

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 28
  • Country: fr
@Coromonadalix : I ithought I installed the latest version, but now I'm starting to doubt it was the correct file at all. I run Windows 11 24H2 and i can't install .NET4.8 as it detects a newer version is already installed on my machine. I'm running a Windows update on my machine just to see if it helps.

_Wim_ : yes, FRA4PS is working like a charm !

Thank you both for such a fast reply by the way !  :-+
 

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1649
  • Country: be
Hi RPuccio, just had a check, the impedance viewer app was not made for X64. So you will have to install "FRA4PicoScope_0.8.0_beta.msi" (last X86 version) and also the X86 SDK from picoscope. This should normally fix the issue.



 
The following users thanked this post: egonotto, RPuccio

Offline RPuccio

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 28
  • Country: fr
Alright, I didn't think at all that would be that simple ! I've installed everything but don't have yet my Picoscope on hand, I'll report when I get it back next Tuesday.

Thank you so much !

Rodolphe
 

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1649
  • Country: be
Alright, I didn't think at all that would be that simple! I've installed everything but don't have yet my Picoscope on hand, I'll report when I get it back next Tuesday.

Thank you so much !

Rodolphe

I checked on my pc, and this should do the trick. When I made the app, an X64 version FRA4PS did not exist. X86 uses "Stdcall" as the calling convention for non managed code, while X64 typically uses "Cdecl". I am also not sure if some of the dll API changed with the new version, so for now it is best to use "FRA4PicoScope_0.8.0_beta.msi"...
 
The following users thanked this post: RPuccio

Offline coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8780
  • Country: ca
you have this : FRA4PicoScope_64-bit_0.9.0b.msi

from : https://bitbucket.org/hexamer/fra4picoscope/downloads/?tab=downloads&iframe=true&spa=0


does it work ?


EDIT : see next  post
« Last Edit: June 09, 2025, 02:48:32 pm by coromonadalix »
 

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1649
  • Country: be
No, this is causing issues. This dll is a 64-bit dll, and needs to be called differently from my app (at least using a different calling convention for Pinvoke, could be some other API differences also, have not checked). So for now I propose to only use the 32-bit version, I might make a dedicated X64 version in the future, but I do not think there is much benefit...
 
The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, RPuccio

Offline RPuccio

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 28
  • Country: fr
Confirmed, everything works fine and both FRA4PS and the ImpedanceViewer can coexist without issues. Thank you so much for such a fast reply, you're the best !  ;)
 
The following users thanked this post: _Wim_


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->