Author Topic: Micsig STO1104C Tablet scope - with knobs on!  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, nctnico, thm_w

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
Re: Micsig STO1104C Tablet scope - with knobs on!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:43:32 pm »
Looks like it's almost nice enough for me to drop my idea to convert a current InfiniiVision to battery operation.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:45:58 pm »
Funny, I just saw this one today at their website. I'll watch the video later.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline SmokeDetector

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 03:04:51 am »
Where are people buying this unit from?

The Micsig AliExpress store has them for US$755 with batt & bag

Ebay has this listing, for example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Micsig-Tablet-Oscilloscope-STO1104C-Plus-Full-Set-100MHz-4CH-Touchscreen-Button/254141844752?hash=item3b2c08cd10:g:UmAAAOSw5XJcdfH~

Which for US$684 has the same batt and bag options, plus a cable that looks like maybe HDMI, and "software" which I take to mean some serial decode options?

Anyone have any ideas or experience regarding the best option for purchase?

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 07:24:58 am »
Looks like it's almost nice enough for me to drop my idea to convert a current InfiniiVision to battery operation.

Don't drop that idea just yet.

We have the old non knob Micsig at work and it's kinda a clumsy scope in general of how the UI works. But considering its chinese firmware its actually not bad. Still this is the best scope you can get in such a form factor, excellent for when you want to bring your scope to the DUT rather than bring your DUT to the scope.

Actually since we had the scope for a while we have considered perhaps making a "battery backpack" for the MSOX3000 we have.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 03:58:55 pm »
I don't know any Russian, but this up-close teardown with sharp PCB views is really nice. I must talk this over with me other half.. wish me luck, but I am worried about how responsive they will be to many issues illustrated by mikeselectricstuff.

Offline esbwong

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 05:38:15 am »
We finally decided to get one STO1104 to try. And we like it enough to get more.
1. Battery and Charger

When the scope is powered off and supplied AC-DC power adaptor connected, the green power button indicates if the internal battery is being charged.
The green power button blinks to indicate the battery is still being charged. Once the battery is fully charged, the power button will stay on solid green.
When the scope is first turned off with power adaptor attached, the screen shows a large battery icon momentarily. It indicates if the internal battery is charged. (It always starts from zero to 100% before restarting again at the current battery charged precentage.)
When the scope is powered on, check the small battery icon at the lower right corner for battery status. The flash sign seems to appear if the power adaptor is connected.

2. Grounding

The scope itself is grounded via the supplied AC-DC power adaptor.
The resistance between the ground pin on the scope and the earth pin of the supplied power adaptor is about 1K ohm.

If this is not desired, the scope can be operated from its internal battery.

Take extra caution when operating the scope with floating ground.

3. HDMI Connection

The HDMI output is at 800x600 resolution and cannot be changed. Thus it will be the connected device that will perform the scaling to display the scope image on the connected device.

Another thing to watch out for is scope grounding when HDMI cable is connected.

4. Screen Capture

As for firmware 1.0.56, the background color of screen capture is black and it cannot be changed.

Micsig customer support suggested that they will allow a choice of white background in the next firmware release.

5. Serial Decoding

When the scope is put into text-only display serial bus decoding mode, the "AUTO" button does not reset this mode. The only way to exit this text-only display mode is to press the icon from the bottom pull-up on-screen menu again.

We were thinking the "AUTO" button will automatically get the scope back to graphic display but we were wrong.

6. Horizontal and Vertical Cursors

When these are turned on, the corresponding measurement numbers will always appear at the upper right quardant of the screen, which sometimes happen to overlap with the displayed waveforms. Unfortunately there seemed to be no means to move these displayed numbers, i.e. we need to move the overlapping waveforms away.

7. Fan Noise

Micsig has addressed the noisy cooling fan issue from their earlier products by using thermal control on fan speed. However some people still find the fan noise a bit loud, especially for home environments.

8. Vertical Waveform Position

We can use the knob to adjust vertical position of the waveforms. However, this scope has no numerical display of the position unlike a TEK scope where a number corresponding to the vertical postion in divisions is shown during the adjustment.

This makes aligning the channels vertically a little tricker than otherwise.

Online GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 06:14:16 pm »
Anybody knows if the batteries of the STOs and TOs are the same?
Even when the experts all agree, they may well be mistaken.

Online hgjdwx

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 06:23:20 am »
Android beta
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:28:20 am by hgjdwx »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf