Author Topic: Rohde & Schwarz FSEA 30  (Read 50520 times)

Online Harry_22

• Contributor
Re: Rohde & Schwarz FSEA 30
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2024, 11:13:30 am »
If you don't have "PC monitor" connector you can use ISA video card to connect a monitor.

Offline dwight_talley

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2024, 01:14:50 am »
Ok, more steps forward.  Today I received the LED replacement for the CCFL backlight in the FSEA 30. Came in from China, a little quicker than expected.  The LED strip lets you adjust the size of the strip to fit the spot where the CCFL was. I applied a couple of small pieces of tape to hold the led in place, facing the diffusion grating, to give the best light coverage.  I then put everything in place and fired it up with a 12 volt supply. Looked great.  I then reconnected everything to the main chassis of the SA and crossed my fingers and hit the power button.  (which I still need to find a replacement for). 

I had never seen what this SA would do on power up since the monitor had been broken, so I was hoping that It would at least get to the boot screen. It booted all the way to the main menu!  Man that felt great. I did a self test and it passed without any problems.  The only thing I need to do is replace the battery on the motherboard and close it back up. 

Here are some photos of the unit.

The following users thanked this post: KeBeNe, KungFuJosh

Offline Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2024, 05:37:38 am »
I'm happy for you!

As a note: the trick for this exact problem is to hold a flashlight against the screen. This will allow you to kind off see what is going on. Had you done this, you would have know that the SA is working. But this way the surprise was bigger.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf