Author Topic: New Keysight DSOX / MSOX 3000G series?  (Read 2974 times)

Offline ChrisBoTopic starter

New Keysight DSOX / MSOX 3000G series?
« on: April 08, 2022, 06:23:05 pm »
When surfing on Distrelec I found references to a Keysight DSOX / MSOX 3000G series... but couldn't find anything on Keysight's website.

See attachment.

It seems to be a 3000 series with many options already available in the standard pricing.

Does anyone have further information?

BR - Chris

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Keysight DSOX / MSOX 3000G series?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 06:29:33 pm »
Interesting, looks like the same document is on the RS Website.  Image Attached.

Offline Domitronic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:30:00 pm »
Looks like the same thing just with dark color at first glance.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 06:44:02 pm »
When surfing on Distrelec I found references to a Keysight DSOX / MSOX 3000G series... but couldn't find anything on Keysight's website.

See attachment.

It seems to be a 3000 series with many options already available in the standard pricing.
Another rehash with the crappy short memory from the ASIC so meh.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 06:52:03 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 08:08:14 pm »
Looks nice in the new color. Appears it may include the LAN/WVGA card standard now.

I am sure Daniel will share the full details when he can.

Until then maybe he can find me an updated front deck, knobs etc so I can "update" my 1 GHz modded scope.  >:D
VE7FM

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 08:13:53 pm »
That has been in a making for a while...  ^-^

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg3617976/#msg3617976

As I said before, I'm not surprised. They couldn't make anything really different that would fit into their strategy... Datasheet claim histograms and that is about all of the difference. Unless that is also mistake leftover from higher models in range. That happened before... >:D

You want more memory? Get EXR/MXR

If you read their material about EXR/MXR to me it seems like they did make new Megazoom 5 chipset. It is in EXR/MXR. And not really made for entry level scopes.

They are really not interested in the low end market.

The following users thanked this post: jmw, ChrisBo

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 11:37:27 pm »
Datasheet claim histograms and that is about all of the difference. Unless that is also mistake leftover from higher models in range. That happened before... >:D
Its only the waveform 2d histogram being flattened to 1d view, nice but not more general measurement histograms etc. It looks like a very slow walking down of features, adding that histogram and serial decode for free, just to try and stay competitive (overtaken by competitors by this point). Shame this is the 3rd variant with very little back porting to the older "3000" models, no option for paid enhancements/update.

Looks like the same thing just with dark color at first glance.
The 1000 series moved operating system (windows CE to linux based) when going to the black colour scheme, who knows? Must be something driving a new model designator beyond just some software features.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, ChrisBo

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 04:02:24 am »
Hi,

The G designation has been used in the past to indicate that the scope has a built in waveform generator, WaveGen. From the datasheet I believe the DSOX/MSOX 3000G series has the WaveGen built in.

LAN 10/100 BaseT and WVGA Interfaces are standard.

I
2C, SPI, UART (RS232/422/485), I2S, and USB PD serial
trigger and decode, plus Measurement Limit Testing, Mask
Limit Testing, Frequency Response Analysis (Bode plots),
and Enhanced HDTV Video Analysis - Are included in the standard model.

Jay_Diddy_B
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 04:06:35 am by Jay_Diddy_B »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 05:10:46 am »
Hi,

The G designation has been used in the past to indicate that the scope has a built in waveform generator, WaveGen. From the datasheet I believe the DSOX/MSOX 3000G series has the WaveGen built in.

LAN 10/100 BaseT and WVGA Interfaces are standard.

I
2C, SPI, UART (RS232/422/485), I2S, and USB PD serial
trigger and decode, plus Measurement Limit Testing, Mask
Limit Testing, Frequency Response Analysis (Bode plots),
and Enhanced HDTV Video Analysis - Are included in the standard model.

Jay_Diddy_B

Both previous 3000A and 3000T had generators built in. This seems to be, hardware wise, rehash of 3000T with some of the licenses  standard and as you say with standard interfaces (which is something very inexpensive scopes come with standard today). So really an old scope and a bit adjusted marketing.

It is, as always, bad and good news. People are disappointed they didn't make a new upgraded version fixing complaints of small memory and higher resolution screen  :'(.
OTOH, my MSO-X 3104T retains value better, because new scope did not obsolete it in any way... >:D
Companies running these in ATE or in prescribed workflows won't have problems etc... etc...

They are simply pulling same trick as Fluke 87V. They have customer base for it in a form as it is... As long as there is a demand for it in its current form, they'll keep making it.

The following users thanked this post: ChrisBo

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 01:50:52 pm »
It does look nice in this darker color.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 07:58:07 pm »
Interestingly, the offerings have disappeared from Distrelec's or RS's websites... I'm wondering when the official announcement will be.

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 07:36:35 am »
I suspect that, as customers just won’t stop buying 3000X scopes, and Microsoft no longer sell CE licenses, this is basically a B revision of the T series scopes, changing to Linux OS and adding a few new features as a sweetener. I would expect that, for the same reason, there won’t be many (any?) more updates of the T firmware.

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2022, 03:38:26 pm »
Maybe this model is the variant that automatically detects if the user is not a business user, and self-destructs... :)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tv84, salvagedcircuitry, eplpwr

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 02:45:05 am »
I suspect that, as customers just won’t stop buying 3000X scopes, and Microsoft no longer sell CE licenses, this is basically a B revision of the T series scopes, changing to Linux OS and adding a few new features as a sweetener. I would expect that, for the same reason, there won’t be many (any?) more updates of the T firmware.

I know there was a push for Keysight to switch many things to Linux a while back. I kind of got the feeling they negotiated with MS to keep selling WinCE licenses - maybe to commercial/business users only...
Have you seen anything that states the G series will be running Linux?
VE7FM

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 07:14:23 pm »
Just got a flyer from Test Equity pointing to all the new 3000G models. (same numbering sequences as always for bw, chan).

Now I have to put every danged scope back in the closet for another 15 years until we go back to putty / PC bone color.   :palm:

The dark color graphics are nice looking BUT, the putty / ivory color is the color of most dirt.  These dark scope will always look dust covered.

Sounds like serial decoding and more features are standard now.

added - histograms of noise and jitter seem to be free and are done in a manner similar to selection of a zone trigger region.  You center the edge of your signal (clock, data) on screen, then draw a rectangle thru it.  It looks like you get an x and y histogram graph at the left and top edges of the display

To allay some fears about firmware, the option list shows the ultimate bundle D3000BDLB as an option.  Same bundle as the 3000T.  That's not to say, however, than when a non-G is found during fw update, new things may not be added.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:32:11 pm by EE-digger »

Offline npeter

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 05:20:51 pm »
I guess this will be the "scope to be released" mentioned at the bottom of Keysight Live from the Lab 2022 page: https://live.keysight.com/s/live-from-the-lab/home

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 04:48:48 pm »
One difference to the 3000T series I found on the website (see link): no bandwidth upgrade!

https://www.keysight.com/ch/de/products/oscilloscopes/infiniivision-2-4-channel-digital-oscilloscopes/infiniivision-3000g-x-series-oscilloscopes.html

So you need to decide in advance...

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2022, 04:10:37 pm »
3000G is almost identical to 3000T. Case color is different, some options are standard and histogram* mode is added. Otherwise it is the same as 3000T.

*Histogram has vertical, horizontal and measurement modes. Measurement histogram would be useful sometimes, but I am not sure of vertical/horizontal histogram value. Do other scopes have vertical/horizontal histogram?

Manuals between 3000T and 3000G are identical except for few pages on histogram. Firmware files are identical byte to byte between T and G versions, leaving potential option for "upgrade".
IOW: 3000T and 3000G are essentially the same.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf