Author Topic: R&S RT-ZP05S Probe query for RTM3004 Oscilloscope, causing shorts?  (Read 344 times)

Offline bsodmikeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of dejavu having decently returned to a project at my bench. Please let me know if there is away to remove the "spring" loaded tips from the Oscilloscope probe end.

When making full contact, pushing down, once the tip reaches the bottom, there is an outer sleeve.  I'd swear, this is possibly grounded as I've caused 2x inverting buffer ICs to 'fry' as soon as that part of the probe touched my point of interest.

Is there a different passive R&S probe I should get instead? < 500 MHz is enough for my daily use.

Thanks,
Mike.

Offline bsodmikeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: R&S RT-ZP05S Probe query for RTM3004 Oscilloscope, causing shorts?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 07:58:45 am »
Found some details here: https://www.tequipment.net/Rohde-&-Schwarz/RT-ZP05S/Standard/Passive-Oscilloscope-Probes/

Passive probes with readout pin enable Rohde & Schwarz oscilloscopes to automatically detect the attenuation factor. A spring-loaded tip ensures good contact with the DUT.

For optimal contacting, Rohde & Schwarz offers the R&S RT-ZA1 accessory set for passive probes. It includes spare spring-loaded tips, rigid tips, ground contact springs, ground leads, and color-coded rings.

I'm definitely after that rigid tip.  The spring loaded one is a total pain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf