Author Topic: SIGLENT SDS1102X-C, supported languages issue  (Read 10396 times)

Offline OthmanTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: SIGLENT SDS1102X-C, supported languages issue
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 08:00:56 pm »
just for a reference this X-C model has all the files of the others languages in the path /usr/bin/siglent/config/ui_data/

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2022, 11:49:55 am »
tv84, it works!
replacing the configuration file sys_cfg.cfg with the one that you have edited allowed the other options for setting language. i set the language to english and it work fine.
for just a refrence the system status shows the product type is SDS1102X-C the 'MD5_PR?' return 'SDS1000X-E' though!
so may we need to do more changes i think. and i'm wondering if this would still work when updating to the newest version 1.3.26
thank you

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2022, 11:56:57 am »
Would you mind showing us all the pages in the Utility menu please ?
That should take 3 possibly 4 screenshots.
TIA.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2022, 12:11:10 pm »
sure! here are the 4 pages of the utility menu. remember these utility submenus are for old fw version. the 1.3.26 may has some changes

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2022, 01:40:36 pm »
so may we need to do more changes i think. and i'm wondering if this would still work when updating to the newest version 1.3.26

Go to my .cfg file message and replace with the new file that I attached.

You should:
- have the X-E model names
- be able to upgrade to 200 MHz (with X-E model name)
- update to the newest X-E FW versions with no problems

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2022, 02:22:17 pm »
Go to my .cfg file message and replace with the new file that I attached.
thnak you for your reply
you mean the new file 'sys_cfg_1102_X-E_ENG.zip' right?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2022, 02:38:41 pm »
Yes.

The following users thanked this post: Othman

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2022, 03:21:13 pm »
after replacing the new cfg file 'sys_cfg_1102_X-E_ENG.zip' and upgrading to 200Mhz i have got now SDS1202X-E model name for my scope SDS1102X-C.
one thing i would ask about it. it is possible to maintain the root login when updating to 1.3.26 version? if it is.  what should do before ubdating?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2022, 03:59:25 pm »
You can continue to use the script in the USB disk at boot.

Or place a call to telnetd in a start script.

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2022, 04:19:22 pm »
You can continue to use the script in the USB disk at boot.

Or place a call to telnetd in a start script.
the script in the USB disk didn't work with me for the last fw version (1.3.26). it seems that with this FW the port 23 is closed while this port is open with the old FW as i notice that when doing port scan.
therefore i can't figure out how to telnet my scope in order to log in as a root. have i missed something?

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2022, 09:41:16 am »
last update.
 i have updated my scope to newest FW 1.3.26 version. and every think it is ok. i would to thank everybody who was generous and patient advising and helping me especially tv84 who did the important work for reconfiguration the scope.
thank you guys i really appreciate your efforts. and i'm pleased to help any body who might would face the same situation

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2022, 11:54:56 am »
last update.
 i have updated my scope to newest FW 1.3.26 version. and every think it is ok. i would to thank everybody who was generous and patient advising and helping me especially tv84 who did the important work for reconfiguration the scope.
thank you guys i really appreciate your efforts. and i'm pleased to help any body who might would face the same situation

One note.
Still (afaik) it is not same as SDS1202X-E

You can check it easy.
Generate example 40000 pulse single burst. Set Burst frequency to 400kHz (pulse period 2.5us)  and pulse width (example) 200ns.
Set oscilloscope: 1 channel on. 50ns/div.  Trig rising edge. Mode Sequence and set trig so that it capture only single sequence. Set segments in sequence exactly 40000.
Start single sequence.
After then start pulse generator so that it generate this 40000 pulses burst only.
After it have done, look if oscilloscope have captured every pulse. You can after this see this pulse on screen and also you can see in history there is exactly 40000 pulses.
If not, it is not SDS1202X-E and not ewven SDS1102X-E. It is still SDS1x02X-C  but with languages.

But if there is in history now 40000 segments then it is as SDS1202X-E  (SDS1202X-E can do even bit faster in real.. bit over 490000 segment/s with this said setup)
Also normal view (not sequence) wfm speed is afaik less than with SDS1202X-E hardware.

If Oscilloscope single Sequence never come ready with this settings... you can just interrupt is and go to History and look how many segments it have get... and in data table you see how fast it have been... look time stamps.

Siglent have also told C models are half speed (propably less brute force inside).

Naturally this is not meaningful at all for many users.

Also there is other methods to check is it SDS1202X-E or still  X-C but this is simple and "bullet proof".
HW is not changed!

Also Siglent warranty is valid only in China and as defined there so if meet any problems...
These are "web shop only" models. As example here https://item.jd.com/10022992281441.html#crumb-wrap
1614  CNY.

Naturally this is not meaningful at all for many users.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:57:27 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2022, 02:42:48 pm »
One note.
you might be right. this model may is different. however this thread is not about claiming that we have managed to configure the model X-C to be exactly like X-E model.
instead of that the main aim for this thread is activating the english language option so this model can support english in UI as the model X-E do.
i have got in this trouble because i had to buy siglent scope from china without awaring about the language i assumed that it would be like the X-E model with less capability and returning it back was not an option for my area where i live.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2022, 03:57:46 pm »
One note.
you might be right. this model may is different. however this thread is not about claiming that we have managed to configure the model X-C to be exactly like X-E model.
instead of that the main aim for this thread is activating the english language option so this model can support english in UI as the model X-E do.

Yes, of course. It was very nice you get english language after this you have told and specially because return was not possible solution...: "i have got in this trouble because i had to buy siglent scope from china without awaring about the language" 
For you this was "Happy End"  :)
...and perhaps you get even bit better what you have thinked (we do not know now freq BW real change)

My comment was just note for some unknown readers that they do not think that SDS1102X-C model can easy convert to real SDS1202X-E. As you may know here is many kind of readers.

I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2022, 05:31:21 pm »
That was also the reason why I left both .CFG files in my previous post. Anyone can choose between X-C and X-E designations, both with all languages possible.

Is there a specific X-C firmware release? If there is, maybe the right thing would be to reflash the X-C firmware, now that we have the .CFG "corrected".

And, as rf-loop hints, you could try measure the max BW/performance the device can get. Because, one thing is certain, the 1202X-C designation is in the original .CFG file so this may indicate (for me, at least) that 200MHz is attainable.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2022, 08:19:16 am »
That was also the reason why I left both .CFG files in my previous post. Anyone can choose between X-C and X-E designations, both with all languages possible.

Is there a specific X-C firmware release? If there is, maybe the right thing would be to reflash the X-C firmware, now that we have the .CFG "corrected".

And, as rf-loop hints, you could try measure the max BW/performance the device can get. Because, one thing is certain, the 1202X-C designation is in the original .CFG file so this may indicate (for me, at least) that 200MHz is attainable.
Yes, somehow I think same about 200MHz bandwidth.
But maximum trigger frequency is other case. In SDS1000X-E models trigger re-arm time in sequence mode is down to 2.5 μs (specified 400kwfm/s) and even less (based to my tests).
For SDS1000X-C it is specified for 5 μs.
In normal mode SDS1000X-E have up to 100kwfm/s (specified) continuous average (acquisition is burst type) and up to around 120kwfm/s peak (not specified but mesured).
In normal mode SDS1000X-C have up to 50kwfm/s (specified) continuous average (acquisition is burst type)
And these are easy to measure - if have tools to do it.
Previously I told how to measure sequence mode guaranteed "up to" speed (using 50ns/div)

Normal mode maximum wfm/s speed is much more easy to measure.
Set scope factory defaults. Then just one channel on and horizontal  50ns/div. Display mode dots. No signal to inpu.
Trigger to rising edge and mode Auto and level so that it is away from trace level. Example 1V.
Connect frequency counter to backside TrigOut. Set counter gate time for 1s and counter trig level for reliable trig to these narrow pulses.
Displayed frequency is trigger frequency (1s average) what is also wfm/s
This of course need suitable counter or it can do also with other oscilloscope.

These values can very clearly differentiate X-E and X-C   (also there can be other different "speed things"due to possible different brute force in HW)

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2022, 01:18:56 pm »
i might try to measure the real BW and wfm update rate once getting the right tools.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:15:01 pm by Othman »

Offline MichaelEE

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2022, 01:49:17 pm »
Hi, that's awesome stuff. I have the SDS1104X-C and try to get English enabled as well. So far I used the mentioned scripts and telnet to connect to my scope and got the config file. Now my questions are: How do you parse the file and what did you change in order to enable English?
Keep up the great work.

I attached the .cfg file from the Siglent1104X-C.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 02:38:42 pm by MichaelEE »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2022, 03:21:21 pm »
Hi, that's awesome stuff. I have the SDS1104X-C and try to get English enabled as well. So far I used the mentioned scripts and telnet to connect to my scope and got the config file. Now my questions are: How do you parse the file and what did you change in order to enable English?
Keep up the great work.

I attached the .cfg file from the Siglent1104X-C.

Go here. And download the C_ENG.cfg and flash/replace it (correct the name).

The following users thanked this post: MichaelEE

Offline MichaelEE

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2022, 03:25:37 pm »
Thank you!
So no difference between SDS1102X-C and 1104X-C?

Edit: I just replaced the file and can change the language. Only the system status screen says: Product type: SDS1102X-C
In the 5 minutes I played around everything seems to be working fine though.

Thank you.

Would be still interesting to know how to do it. I also want to investigate how to enable options.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 03:50:47 pm by MichaelEE »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2022, 08:29:04 pm »
Michael,

Go again to the link I showed and download the sys_cfg_1104_X-C_ENG.zip file. That's the one you should put in your machine.

The following users thanked this post: MichaelEE

Offline MichaelEE

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2022, 07:13:33 am »
Thank you very much. Now also Product type is SDS1104X-C.

Great!

Offline alexkg

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2023, 12:29:55 pm »
Hello!
I got a Siglent SDS 1202X-C device. I ask you for help on how to reflash it and get the opportunity to change the interface language. From previous posts, I understood what you need:
1) download the configuration file. I can't and don't know how to do it.
2) you can update to the file posted here. But I could not update the file from the USB flash drive.

What I've done. I downloaded the cfg file to replace it with a flash drive, but I couldn't install it. What am I doing wrong?

Please, if possible, explain to the delitant how to perform these procedures. Step by step if possible.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 04:21:20 pm by alexkg »

• Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2023, 01:49:20 pm »
Dear alexg you should know some basics of Linux/Telnet to get the job done! if you don't have Linux on your PC you can use Putty or you can activate the Linux Terminal on windows check this: https://allthings.how/how-to-use-linux-terminal-in-windows-10/
i will summarize the steps with some details. i would to mention that this way might be not the best way to do it but it is the one that worked with me. the steps are as the following:
1- load the older FW version SDS1002X-E_1.3.17R1_EN on your SDS1202X-C scope. because with the newest FW you can't establish telnet connection with your scope "the port 9999 is closed" you can find the old version here: https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds1000x-e-series
2- connect your scope with a router or a switch by ethernet cable don't forget to enable the DHCP server in your scope lan configuration and notice what is the IP address of your Scope.
3- connect your PC with the same router or the same switch then open Linux terminal on your PC or Putty terminal  and try to establish a telnet connection as a root with your scope in order to access the file Systems. type this command : telnet <your scope IP> 9999
the user name is "root"
the password is "siglent_sds1000x_e"
4- copy the file "sys_cfg.cfg" in  this direction "./usr/bin/siglent/firmdata0/sys_cfg.cfg" to your USB disk, you should know some basic Linux  command to explore, copy, delete and mount a drive to do this job.
5- share this file with "TV84" to do the magic job then you will replace the file with the new one that might "TV84" offer you.
6- check if every thing is going well then update the FW to the new one again the newest version is 1.3.26.

The following users thanked this post: wysp2023

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2023, 08:41:37 pm »
5- share this file with "TV84" to do the magic job then you will replace the file with the new one that might "TV84" offer you.

No need to do this step. You just need to overwrite with the appropriate file (attached by me in a previous msg). The .cfg are the same for all scopes in the same situation.  Make sure you rename the intended file to "sys_cfg.cfg" before overwriting, and sync.

The following users thanked this post: Othman

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf