Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.  (Read 145709 times)

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.
« Reply #1000 on: May 03, 2024, 04:30:52 pm »
I am red/green color blind.  This is my first 4 channel oscilloscope and I have been experimenting with the color settings.  What I have settled on for the moment is shown below.  Ch1 and Ch2 are default colors and Ch3 is white and Ch4 is blue.  Perhaps some of you have a similar vision issue and have arrived at a better compromise.

The default settings did not work very well for my visual perception.  BTW, where can I get white ID rings for the probes?

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1001 on: May 03, 2024, 06:45:42 pm »
You can get white velcro cable straps and cut off the excess. That'll hold better than the little rings that like to break off.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1002 on: May 03, 2024, 07:20:08 pm »
I have Brother label printer and made numbered labels... 1 2 3 4..

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1003 on: May 03, 2024, 07:32:55 pm »
Oh man, you usually don't come up with the simplest thing... ;D :-+

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1004 on: May 03, 2024, 07:45:33 pm »
BTW, where can I get white ID rings for the probes?
Never seen such and challenged by short arms and deep pockets syndrome would attempt to make some from small diameter PVC tubing or similar.
Ask a plumber buddy if they have anything suitable.

Another thought would be some white enamel modeling paint on the spare rings you have.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1005 on: May 03, 2024, 09:08:19 pm »
For now, used some solid wire, 22 gauge with white insulation and made two rings.  They look OK ... maybe add some glue to keep them in place???

Thanks to all for the responses.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1006 on: May 03, 2024, 10:11:28 pm »
There are also miniature rubber rings (baby hair ties) in all kinds of colours..

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1007 on: May 03, 2024, 10:18:42 pm »
There are also miniature rubber rings (baby hair ties) in all kinds of colours..
All lies unless a link is provided.  :P
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1008 on: May 03, 2024, 10:26:15 pm »
You can also google for "color coded rings" ....

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1009 on: May 03, 2024, 10:29:34 pm »
All lies unless a link is provided.  :P

There be Google...

But I'm sticking to numbers..

Offline amar87

• Contributor
« Reply #1010 on: May 07, 2024, 01:12:10 pm »
Dear Forum,

I wondering if is there any way to display in the bode plot the frequecy axis logarithmic, i saw pictures on the internet with other siglent scopes and it was logarithmic. I it in this scope only like this ?

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1011 on: May 07, 2024, 01:27:38 pm »
Dear Forum,

I wondering if is there any way to display in the bode plot the frequecy axis logarithmic, i saw pictures on the internet with other siglent scopes and it was logarithmic. I it in this scope only like this ?

Not at the moment on last 1.2.2.5 FW

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1013 on: May 07, 2024, 02:24:56 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-general-wish-list/

Might already be on the wish list?

No need.
It is already implemented on 800, 1000, 3000 and 6000... It is part of the platform, and will get there...

The following users thanked this post: Grandchuck

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1014 on: May 07, 2024, 02:26:13 pm »
Dear Forum,

If you refer to the X axis (Frequency) on the Bode plot, this can be Linear or Log, selectable as Linear or Decade as well as ranges from Configure menu on the SDS800X HD, so expect that Siglent would add this soon to the SDS2000X HD in firmware update.

Siglent is diligent about keeping things updated in frequent firmware revisions :-+

Edit: see 2N3055 post above, he beat us!!

Best, 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 02:29:30 pm by mawyatt »
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline amar87

• Contributor
« Reply #1015 on: May 07, 2024, 03:08:54 pm »
I have in the config menu of the bode plot 'frequency mode' linear or decade to chose from but the plot  has a linear X no matter of what i chose. i also saw pictures from other users that they have log scale on the X axes. Does using an external signal generator give other options ? i don't have a siglent generator i am using the built in AWG

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1016 on: May 07, 2024, 03:33:44 pm »
I have in the config menu of the bode plot 'frequency mode' linear or decade to chose from but the plot  has a linear X no matter of what i chose. i also saw pictures from other users that they have log scale on the X axes. Does using an external signal generator give other options ? i don't have a siglent generator i am using the built in AWG

What FW are you using?

Scope support decade(log) and linear sweep and it works with internal and external AWG.
Verified.

Offline amar87

• Contributor
« Reply #1017 on: May 07, 2024, 04:52:52 pm »
i am using 1.2.2.5. After looking again it is right but i got confused, now i fell like an idit .... maybe is should have asked why doesn't it show lines at 20 hz 30 50 etc like the spectrum analyzer does

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1018 on: May 07, 2024, 05:00:51 pm »
Just to clarify: the Bode Plot has always supported logarithmic frequency axis, since its introduction in the SDS1104X-E back in early 2018.

Of course this is also true for the SDS2000X HD.

The only caveat is that sub-divisions are only displayed if the configured frequency range is less than 5.5 decades.

SDS2504X HD_Bode_Decades_5

Beyond that, we don't get any sub-divisions anymore, nevertheless it is still decades, hence logarithmic.

SDS2504X HD_Bode_Decades_7

The following users thanked this post: Grandchuck

Offline amar87

• Contributor
« Reply #1019 on: May 07, 2024, 05:13:55 pm »
yes if i do up to 15 Mhz it shows the subdivisions, i had the subdivisions imprinted in my head when thinking about log axis did not really look at the numbers (ooops ). thanks for the clarifications.

Offline Purvirs

« Reply #1020 on: May 08, 2024, 09:37:07 am »
hi hansibull,

thanks for your sharing, finally I got my account sorted so I can reply in this thread.

I made a CNC version mount adapter based on your model, the AL6061 CNC part is stupidly strong for this uasage. the reason I made it out AL is in my country AL-CNC(+sand blusting+anodizing) is cheaper than 3D printing.
of course, you see I made some grinding on the part as I forget the BNC notch, but anyway I've updated the model based on that, I've also attached the model here in case someone need it.
the screws needed are:
M3*14mm staineless Torx, 5pcs, for fixing the adapter onto the scope;
M4*16mm staineless socket head countersunk screws, 4pcs, for fixing VESA mount(my VESA mount plat is 2mm thick, can adjust the screw length based on the plate thickness)
M4 blind thumb screws, inner thread depth is 6.5mm, 4 pcs

thanks again for sharing the model, cheers!

The following users thanked this post: tv84, KungFuJosh, Martin72, Costas07

Offline Purvirs

« Reply #1021 on: May 08, 2024, 09:55:44 am »
My HD has arrived. But I'm a bit disappointed that its screen (protector) has a lot of scratches on it. Here is my first impression and opinion below:

Positives:

1. The LED indicators are brilliant, they can even change color according to different functions. For example, the TRIGGER indicator changes its color depending on the trigger channel.
2. 12 bits plus ERES can show very small details in large signals.
3. 12 bits-2M-point FFT is very useful.
4. It's very responsive, even though it's 12 bits with deep memory.

Negatives:

1. I don't understand why there are so many scratches on the screen. If they were caused during delivery, why does the center area also have scratches? It shouldn't be like this.
2. The knobs turn loosely and wobble. Another 9-month-old SDS2074X plus of my company is even more secure. I don't know if I'm too picky.
3. I don't know if the soft-plastic knobs have any problem of getting sticky. My 54622D's knobs became sticky with aging.

Wishes:

1. Now I feel that 4 math channels are also needed.
2. Logarithmic frequency scale of FFT is important for this kind of high-resolution spectrum. It helps to investigate low frequency details.
3. Quick Action Key could be designed to pop up a panel (or window) with multiple soft keys to choose from.
4. Customizable functions for Auto, Default and Touch keys. I rarely use them personally. If they could be changed to other shortcut keys, that would be very convenient.

By the way, I'm thinking about getting a screen protector. Do you use one on your oscilloscope?

hi, for the screen protector, actually I did make a few pieces of Anti-glare matte films for my SDS2k HD, and it works perfectly comparing with the original film, the original film is too small to cover the whole panel. I've attached the dimension in this post in case someone need it.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1022 on: May 08, 2024, 10:15:30 am »
hi hansibull,

thanks for your sharing, finally I got my account sorted so I can reply in this thread.

I made a CNC version mount adapter based on your model, the AL6061 CNC part is stupidly strong for this uasage. the reason I made it out AL is in my country AL-CNC(+sand blusting+anodizing) is cheaper than 3D printing.
of course, you see I made some grinding on the part as I forget the BNC notch, but anyway I've updated the model based on that, I've also attached the model here in case someone need it.
the screws needed are:
M4*16mm staineless socket head countersunk screws, 4pcs, for fixing VESA mount(my VESA mount plat is 2mm thick, can adjust the screw length based on the plate thickness)

I'm sure it was told already (Martin72 if I remember correctly) that screws that hold back case are sunk into back cover. So between the scope and holder you need to insert small bushings that will go into hole in the scope back cover and protrude a bit,  so all the force is applied to the same place the original screw heads were applying force to, a place at the back of inside of screw hole:
(Sorry for the crude sketch)

Offline Purvirs

« Reply #1023 on: May 08, 2024, 02:02:32 pm »
hi hansibull,

the screws needed are:

I'm sure it was told already (Martin72 if I remember correctly) that screws that hold back case are sunk into back cover. So between the scope and holder you need to insert small bushings that will go into hole in the scope back cover and protrude a bit,  so all the force is applied to the same place the original screw heads were applying force to, a place at the back of inside of screw hole:

hi 2N3055,

thanks for mentioning this, actually I do introduce a boss feature on the scope side of the adapter, the boss height is 3mm, while the sunk holes for screws are around 2.5mm (according to Siglent service manual pp.50, the screws are PWM3*6), so it should work. the countersunk M4s are threaded in the model, it should be easier for tightening.
Btw, another reason I didn't choose the 3D printing is that the perimeters of the screw holes on the 3D printed part will bear large shearing force, regardless of whether the boss feature is introduced or not.

thanks for rising this, cheers!

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, KungFuJosh

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1024 on: May 08, 2024, 02:08:19 pm »
hi hansibull,

the screws needed are:

hi 2N3055,

thanks for mentioning this, actually I do introduce a boss feature on the scope side of the adapter, the boss height is 3mm, while the sunk holes for screws are around 2.5mm (according to Siglent service manual pp.50, the screws are PWM3*6), so it should work. the countersunk M4s are threaded in the model, it should be easier for tightening.
Btw, another reason I didn't choose the 3D printing is that the perimeters of the screw holes on the 3D printed part will bear large shearing force, regardless of whether the boss feature is introduced or not.

thanks for rising this, cheers!

Excellent work!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf