Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.  (Read 149464 times)

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, 12bit, 2GSa/s high definition oscilloscope serie.
« Reply #1050 on: May 19, 2024, 05:42:21 pm »
Thanks for reply. According to manual, sensitivity is ~0.26-0.33 or 0.5 div depending on settings (comparable to 8-bit scopes).
I asked for clarification as I was expecting slightly more sensitivity from 12 bits and lower noise front end on new Siglent HD range.

Offline dcbrown73

• Regular Contributor
Hi,

I just ordered a SDS2204X HD and it's on backorder until around August.

This scope is likely more than I will ever need given my Rigil DS1104z+ has done everything I've asked of it over the last ~9 years.  Though sometimes I will splurge for something really nice if I plan to have it for a very long time and ~$2700 total cost with that crazy bundle they are offering for like $266 is just hard to pass up.

The only concern I have is there doesn't appear to be any full reviews or similar scope comparisons that I can find beyond the Dave's teardown video as it doesn't appear that he did a full video review of this device. (or I missed it)

I'm still running though the 40+ pages of this thread and I appreciate all the discussions, charts, and screenshots.    Though I will admit, much of it I don't have any concrete knowledge or experience at.   (I'm an IT guy who tinkers in EE)

So I guess my question is, at this price point.  How does this compare to other scopes in this price range? (+/- a few hundred dollars)  I just want to make sure I'm making the best choice of scope to splurge on.

Thanks for any feedback.
Dave
Why exactly do people feel I should have read their post before I responded?  As if that was necessary for me to get my point across.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
So I guess my question is, at this price point.  How does this compare to other scopes in this price range? (+/- a few hundred dollars)  I just want to make sure I'm making the best choice of scope to splurge on.

You picked the best scope in that price range, especially with the bundle.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, dcbrown73

Offline trackersoft

• Contributor
I struggled with the same decision before placing an order. I have had one on order for a three months now and heard I might be getting it sometime this month!! With the bundle it seems that it is the best deal out there. Really looking forward to getting mine!

The following users thanked this post: dcbrown73

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Thanks for any feedback.
Dave

Hello,

You could also take a look at the Micsig MHO3-2504. It doesn't have a function generator and isn't an MSO, but it's certainly worth a look.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: dcbrown73

Offline dcbrown73

• Regular Contributor
Hello,

You could also take a look at the Micsig MHO3-2504. It doesn't have a function generator and isn't an MSO, but it's certainly worth a look.

Best regards
egonotto

Thank you for the recommendation.  I actually looked very closely at the Micsigs including the MHO3-2504.  There was a lot to like about it though I definitely wanted an MSO functionality.  Actually I looked at the Pico scopes too and really liked them.   I just wanted a more self-contained unit as I have limited space around that area of my bench.
Why exactly do people feel I should have read their post before I responded?  As if that was necessary for me to get my point across.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor

Actually I looked at the Pico scopes too and really liked them.   I just wanted a more self-contained unit as I have limited space around that area of my bench.

Hello,

I have several PicoScopes. They are good devices. But you should also be aware of some weak points.
They have no vertical fine adjustment.
They only have at most 1 GSa/s except for the very expensive devices.
They have become very expensive.

What you could also consider is adding an Analog Discovery 3 to a normal scope.

Or a Siglent SDS804X HD plus Analog Discovery 3 plus Digital Discovery. Together that would cost about 1200 $. And it would be very versatile and space-saving.

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: Today at 12:35:27 am by egonotto »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf