Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 735779 times)

Offline james38

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #2700 on: June 30, 2021, 05:51:47 pm »
Hello,

maybe I am wrong and I have missunderstood CAN-Trigger and decode or its a real bug.

When I change to trigger setup choose "serial" then protocol "CAN"
I get only one source presented under  "Signal".

As far as I know it must be 2 channels one for CAN-H and one for CAN-L isn't it?

The documentation in 16.5.1 CAN Signal Setting speak about "connect CAN-H and CAN-L and then set the mapping realtion between the two channels" too.

But how do I make this?
I thought is like i2c where are two sources present but in this case its not. By the way its the same on CAN-FD.

Firmware is the latest 1.3.7R5

Any hints ?

Regards Chris

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2701 on: June 30, 2021, 07:09:13 pm »
CAN is differential, so there is no different information on Can-Lo and CAN-Hi.
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline james38

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2702 on: June 30, 2021, 07:28:46 pm »
CAN is differential, so there is no different information on Can-Lo and CAN-Hi.

Yes you are right.
I have read some documents about CAN in the meantime and it is as you said.
The information is on both the same only one is inverted.

Regards chris

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2703 on: July 01, 2021, 03:03:36 am »
Thanks. Perhaps these are bugs. I will report them in the specialized bugs thread, although I’m not sure if anyone from Siglent reads those posts or actually cares.

Oh, boy! This scope gives me a lot of headache! In addition to the previous questions posted here, which are still not clear to me:
what am I doing wrong this time?

I am trying to set up the user-adjustable rise-time and fall-time measurements. It works okay with percentage values. But I cannot make them work with absolute values for C1, C3, etc.: that is, for any values that I select for Horizontal parameters I get an "Invalid threshold" error message. But they seem to be working perfectly okay for the Math channels, e.g F1 (which is the sum of C1+C3). See screenshots attached.

I even calculated the absolute values to match the percentage values, and the absolute measurement setting still does not work for the C channels. What am I doing wrong here?  |O

Thanks a lot!
I am getting the same errors
Just browsed through the release notes of a beta version of the next firmware.
Most if not all of what has been discussed in the last few months seems to have been addressed.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, kcbrown, thinkfat, KungFuJosh, Johnny B Good, Markus2801A, Bad_Driver

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2704 on: July 01, 2021, 10:19:38 pm »
Well, I think it´s time to "clean up" the bug thread, when the new firmware comes up.
I currently have vacation for 3 weeks, I´ll start with it at the forthcomung weekend.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2705 on: July 01, 2021, 10:28:25 pm »
Well, I think it´s time to "clean up" the bug thread, when the new firmware comes up.
I currently have vacation for 3 weeks, I´ll start with it at the forthcomung weekend.
They might have a tweak or 2 to do before public release as some of us have already provided feedback on some simple things proposed in the release notes however this is only for new scopes outta the factory whereas those that already know and use these scopes and have already made their preferred settings it should not affect them.

Whether or not we get listened to is another matter.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2706 on: July 01, 2021, 11:11:04 pm »
Hi Rob,

I´ve meant it in general, what we´ve noticed so far in this thread, what was solved from siglent, what´s still to do and so on...

Offline Markus2801A

• Regular Contributor
  • Pobody’s Nerfect ;-)
    • KEM InfoPage
« Reply #2707 on: July 27, 2021, 09:26:23 am »

Most if not all of what has been discussed in the last few months seems to have been addressed.  :)

Where can I find this information?
Would be interesting to read what's coming up next :-)
Teacher for electrical Engineering @ HTL and Werkmeisterschule :-)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2708 on: July 27, 2021, 10:16:23 am »

You can't... Tautech has some info from beta test proces..  He already said all he can..  :scared:

What can I say, he's a tease.... >:D

Unfortunately, you'll need to wait and see... :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2709 on: July 27, 2021, 09:09:52 pm »

You can't... Tautech has some info from beta test proces..  He already said all he can..  :scared:

What can I say, he's a tease.... >:D
More teasing....  >:D
~35 changes coming plus a few further requests added since the beta FW was put in front of beta testers.

I can say it will be well worth the wait and not just for the fixes but also the new features added.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: famalex, Martin72, Markus2801A

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2710 on: July 27, 2021, 09:15:16 pm »
Feel like a child can´t wait for christmas  ;D

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Michael YYZ

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2711 on: July 31, 2021, 04:32:30 pm »
Looking forward to it. It's been a long wait... almost nine months. Fingers crossed!  :popcorn:

More teasing....  >:D
~35 changes coming plus a few further requests added since the beta FW was put in front of beta testers.

I can say it will be well worth the wait and not just for the fixes but also the new features added.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2712 on: August 05, 2021, 08:24:21 am »
New Siglent option bundle promotion:
For all sales areas except NA unfortunately.  :(
Expires Sept 30 2021

With new purchases of SDS2000X Plus DSO's:
MSO SPL2016 HW with license and 50 MHz AWG/FG license for just $ 219 !

https://int.siglent.com/info/detail-49.html
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline AaronLee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2713 on: August 05, 2021, 09:59:25 am »
Expires Sept 30 2021

On the page for that link it says, "This promotion is only applicable to the European and AAAS region". What is AAAS region? Does the new purchase need to be made within the promotion period? I bought mine last month, would that qualify?

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #2714 on: August 05, 2021, 02:52:54 pm »
Expires Sept 30 2021

On the page for that link it says, "This promotion is only applicable to the European and AAAS region". What is AAAS region? Does the new purchase need to be made within the promotion period? I bought mine last month, would that qualify?

It is well and detailed told in Siglent web side. https://www.siglenteu.com/news-article/summer-time-special-bundle-save-up-to-e496-with-a-new-sds2000x-plus-oscilloscope-and-option-bundle/

There is said example these
For a limited time, all new SDS2000X Plus purchases can get an option bundle for only €199. This bundle includes the SPL2016 and MSO and function generator activation licenses.

1. The SDS2000X Plus series oscilloscopes must be purchased from an authorized SIGLENT distributor.
5. All Offers are valid from August 2nd , 2021 to September 30th, 2021.

If purchased before 2.8.21 it is NOT new purchase inside 2.8. - 30.9.2021.

Old time I remember I purchase very expensive prosumer grade video camera (somewhere late -80s. Price was more than my quite good  salary at this time in two month. Just after some days there come big offer... not more than around 50%...  I remember my feel... life is... )

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:26:54 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2715 on: August 06, 2021, 04:52:38 pm »
I don't have this scope, but I'm curious of a couple of things for audio use.

1. There was a post a while ago asking about getting THD calculated when using the FFT. Any news about that?

2. Would be nice to be able to display watts, and perhaps the formula editor could be the way to go. I can't see any way of using measurements in the editor however. Is it possible to enter something like this? RMS(C1) * RMS(C1) / 8
Ideally it would be a custom "measurement" since it doesn't need a trace, but I can't see a way of doing that.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2716 on: August 06, 2021, 06:57:12 pm »
I´ve meant it in general, what we´ve noticed so far in this thread, what was solved from siglent, what´s still to do and so on...

Since today I have may a new one using current FW... (did not search on this lengthy thread)

1. running on 8 bit, vector display mode, on CH1 a digital square wave (0.3 low to 3V high) as 10MHz with 0.5ns rise/falling time
2. trigger about the half of the wave, show with cursor some 20% to 80% rise time as 0.5ns
3. add also color mode
4. all looks fine so far showing about 2 waves, with some small overshoots

than as soon I

5. enable Ch2, with or without 50E input, as nothing to display just enabled

6. On Ch1, the edges and overshoots gets modulated as like 50Hz, changed square from 10MHz to 49Mhz with same behavior

7. Change than from vector to pixel mode

8.  :-DD all looks than fine .... No any more edge modulations visible  :-+

is this known?

IMHO it would be nice to have a thread moderated with current  |O so easier to track as a bug tracking system  :popcorn:

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2717 on: August 06, 2021, 08:06:52 pm »
I think, this will fitting better in the bug/missing features thread...

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2718 on: August 06, 2021, 09:46:58 pm »

Since today I have may a new one using current FW... (did not search on this lengthy thread)

1. running on 8 bit, vector display mode, on CH1 a digital square wave (0.3 low to 3V high) as 10MHz with 0.5ns rise/falling time
2. trigger about the half of the wave, show with cursor some 20% to 80% rise time as 0.5ns
3. add also color mode

than as soon I

6. On Ch1, the edges and overshoots gets modulated as like 50Hz, changed square from 10MHz to 49Mhz with same behavior

is this known?

IMHO it would be nice to have a thread moderated with current  |O so easier to track as a bug tracking system  :popcorn:

How about if you enable CH1 and CH3 ?

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2719 on: August 06, 2021, 10:02:25 pm »
is this known?

It's entirely expected if you figure out the actual bandwidth of the signal you are looking at vs. the sample rate in the two configurations (CH1 only vs CH1 + CH2).  Also, in vector mode the scope does a sinc interpolation of each frame and overlays the resulting lines from each frame, whereas in dot mode it simply overlays the dots.  If the sample clock was exactly matched to the input frequency at some fixed ratio, this wouldn't make much difference, but since it isn't, the samples all line up differently with the edge of the waveform each cycle, a sort of faux ETS.  That's good for dots, bad for vectors if you are getting close to the Nyquist limit.

I'm assuming you have this hacked to 500MHz.  What is generating the input signal?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:40:43 pm by bdunham7 »
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #2720 on: August 07, 2021, 07:09:09 am »

3. add also color mode

than as soon I

is this known?

Btw, fast edges corners wobbling is not modulation... it is one form of aliasing and also possible "gibbs ears" (Gibbs phdenomenon) due to Sinc interpolation when not enough samples.

Long time ago I have somehow tried tell about  Sequential Acquisition Random Interleaving (SARI) just my name for it for make clear it is not same as LeCroy RIS aka Random Interleaved Sampling mode, but somehow its small cousin.
But unfortunately it is only by my native Finnish language..   here (near end of page).

The feature can be used in many situations as long as user know its features and limits in the particular oscilloscope user are using, in this case Siglent. But with it is also very easy to drop to trap. (one critical parameter is trigger engine used data stream and its sample interval what is not always same as ADC current displayed samplerate. )

Here signal is 45MHz square wave... and samplerate is 50MSa/s  selected just for demonstration. Square wave freq 45MHz and sampled 50MSa/s. Where 3rd harmonic is 5.4*fNyquist

Of course depending signal ans scope and settings it may look much more nice and also without persistence, when wfm/s is enough.
btw, carefully look samplerate and displayed signal frequency.

One acquisition have only small amount of dots...  display frame have many acquistions overlaid (as many acquistions as it have done in last TFT cycle). One single acquisition dots are marked red.

Also here is forum is some old treads about these things with some examples if I remember right.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:31:45 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline gf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2721 on: August 07, 2021, 08:46:21 am »
Does that still work at the maximum sample rate (in order to get superresolution beyond the maximum sample rate), or is this functionality limited to lower sample rates?

[ If the acquisition sample rate is lower, and the ADC still runs at full speed, then the signal is oversampled anway in the first place, and RIS-like downsampling to the acquisition sample rate can be emulataed digitally in the FPGA w/o need for a TDC or varying ADC clock phase. ]

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2722 on: August 08, 2021, 07:22:44 am »

Yeah  :-DD  :palm: ...

gear needs replaced by professional stuff as it goes with SSA 200Hz Span & 1Hz BW and synthesizer jitter (also wobbling)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2723 on: August 08, 2021, 07:44:07 am »

Yeah  :-DD  :palm: ...

gear needs replaced by professional stuff as it goes with SSA 200Hz Span & 1Hz BW and synthesizer jitter (also wobbling)

??

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2724 on: August 08, 2021, 10:15:52 am »
SSA 200Hz Span & 1Hz BW and synthesizer jitter (also wobbling)

??

See pictures....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf