Author Topic: Siglent SSA3021X Plus SCPI Error '-200,"Execution error"'  (Read 391 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline martin1959Topic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: de
    • Tele-Commies
Siglent SSA3021X Plus SCPI Error '-200,"Execution error"'
« on: September 24, 2026, 05:04:50 am »
I am looking for an explanation for the following error (as reported via SCPI command "SYSTEM:ERROR?") when trying to set a MARKER (1) to a specified frequency (77.5 kHz): -200,"Execution error".

I send the following command: ":CALC:MARK1:X 77.500000 kHz"
The marker is set to the frequency as requested but the "SYSTEM:ERROR?" query then returns -200,"Execution error".

Here the full sequence of commands:

Code: [Select]
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":FREQ:CENT 77.500000 kHz"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":FREQ:SPAN 100.000000 Hz"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":DISP:WIND:TRAC:Y:RLEV -90.000000 dBm"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":DISP:WIND:TRACE:Y:PDIV 5.000000 dB"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":POW:ATT 0"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":POW:GAIN ON"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":BWID:RES 1.000000 Hz"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":BWID:VID 1.000000 Hz"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":TRAC1:MODE AVERAGE"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":AVER:TYPE LOGP"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":AVER:TRAC1:COUNT 4"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":CALC:MARK1:STATE ON"
ScpiBasic::command(): pcommand = ":CALC:MARK1:X 77.500000 kHz"
ScpiBasic::query(): pquery = "SYSTEM:ERROR?" ==> response = "-200,"Execution error""
ScpiBasic::query(): pquery = ":CALC:MARK1:Y?" ==> response = "-1.447000000E+02"
Marker 1 Level is -144.7 dBm

Any idea what might be the problem?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2026, 05:06:52 am by martin1959 »
 

Online KungFuJosh

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8284
  • Country: us
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SSA3021X Plus SCPI Error '-200,"Execution error"'
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2026, 05:40:27 am »
My guess is that you need to lose the kHz from the command. I assume it's the same as the SNA, which says:
Code: [Select]
:CALCulate<cnum>[:SELected]:MARKer:X <numeric>
Examples:
:CALCulate1:MARKer1:X 1e9
:CALCulate1:MARKer1:X?
numeric is not alphanumeric.

Try:
Code: [Select]
:CALC:MARK1:X 77500
That's assuming it will accept that number format.

Thanks,
Josh
« Last Edit: September 24, 2026, 05:46:10 am by KungFuJosh »
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
Best Continuity Tester Ever
 

Offline martin1959Topic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: de
    • Tele-Commies
Re: Siglent SSA3021X Plus SCPI Error '-200,"Execution error"'
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2026, 08:40:21 am »
I have tried omitting the kHz parameter but could not observe any improvement.

It appears that the error occurs depending on the start/stop scan frequency range:
  • Start=75 kHz, Stop=85 kHz ==> No Error
  • Start=75 kHz, Stop=80 kHz ==> Error -200
Note that in both cases the desired marker frequency 77.5 kHz is well within the scan range.

BTW the SSA3021X Plus firmware version is SW1 3.2.2.6.3R16 (11/02/2026).
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31966
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline martin1959Topic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: de
    • Tele-Commies
Re: Siglent SSA3021X Plus SCPI Error '-200,"Execution error"'
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2026, 09:29:28 am »
https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2019/09/ProgrammingGuide_PG0703P_E02B.pdf
See 4.7 Marker Subsection P48

This is the documentation which I am using. I still do not understand why I get that error.

Note, however, that the command appears to get processed (even in cases where I get the "-200 Error"), the marker is positioned at the requested frequency and I can read plausible values for that marker via the ":CALCulate:MARKer[1]|2|3|4|5|6|7|8:Y?" command.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->