Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 529138 times)

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1625 on: January 31, 2024, 09:57:19 am »
The fact that I don't understand how the SigIQPro Signal Generation Software is meant to be used probably means that it is not for me.  ;)
Nevertheless, in the interest of life-long learning:

What are those OFDM, Bluetooth and IoT signals which SigIQPro can generate? Actual radio signals? Control signals for specific radio chips (which ones)? And what kind of hardware would I use to "play back" those signals, assuming that playing them back is what they are meant for?

Thanks for educating me or pointing me in the right direction!

Offline sbeube02

• Contributor
« Reply #1626 on: February 05, 2024, 09:17:30 pm »
Anyone familiar with troubleshooting a Lecroy/Siglent
scope?
I have this Waveace 224 with Siglent SAT7.820.682F main board.
The oscilloscope seems to boot, I can hear some relays clicking, face LEDs goes on and off and display stay blank.
Buttons are not responding.
I have checked all rails coming from power supply, everything is fine.
Checked the regulators on main board as per the Siglent SDS1000CFL user manual, all voltage are good.
I also have the 25 MHz main clock OK.
I checked with another scope the activity on the display ribbon cable, it seems to have some activity at 10 kHz and 8 MHz.
There is also activity on the button board ribbon. When I press a button I can see the pattern on my other scope.
Don't know where to look then?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:42:05 pm by sbeube02 »

Offline points2

• Contributor
« Reply #1627 on: February 15, 2024, 09:55:28 pm »
hi,
I just realized we have a remote software for DSO => https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/pc-software/#sigscopelab

I installed => SigScopeLab_V0.4.9.2
& connected it to a SDS2504Xplus

well... I did smth wrong or this V0.4.9.2 performs like a V0.0.0.1 ?

in the user manual, at the beginning there is an explanation how to extend the virtual memory thru Windows settings... as it is in chinese, I'm out.
If I'm a dummy because if I use it the right way this soft is amazing => anyone feel free to explain :-)

So far, I'm back to VNCviewer and the laggy copy/paste of the DSO screen...   :)

(a Picoscope is its way for delivery tomorrow morning... to "help" the 2504x+ in hard stuff  :palm: I hope that the soft will work fine because a Pico with a screen is not a Pico  ;D )

Offline marco58

« Reply #1628 on: February 28, 2024, 10:03:45 pm »
SDS1000X-E SCPI commands problem

EDIT: as Veteran68 kindly suggests (see next post) I'll try official support channels and if they answer I'll report on forum.

Hi all, hi Tech Support
I am quite happy of my SDS 1104X-E (purchased 2022), very good value for money.
Recently I begin to use SCPI command (via pyVISA and Ethernet) and I’ve found some small problem or error in documentation…

problem #1 undocumented standard SCPI commands
Some important (IMHO) standard commands (present in previous version of Programming Guide) are not documented in last version, but they seems operational (not full tested, but something is surely working) and I’d like to know if these commands can be considered officially supported or not.
*ESR?
*STB?
*CLS

Problem #2 COMM_HEADER | CHDR
(long form does not work, but workaround is simple...)
Code: [Select]
>>> DSO.write("CHDR OFF")
short form works, but with OFF parameter does not always work as expected: “header is omitted from the response and units in numbers are suppressed”.
With PAVA? FREQ (don’t know if also other commands are affected) header is not entirely omitted (word FREQ is still present):

>>> DSO.query("C1:PAVA? FREQ")
'FREQ,5.001000E+01'

this makes more difficult to extract value as a number and in a different way than other commands, where header is entirely suppressed:

>>> DSO.query("CYMT?")
'5.00E+01'

Useful info:
my DSO details:
Instrument Model    SDS1104X-E
LXI Extended Functions    Null
LXI Version    1.5 LXI Core 2017
Software Version    8.3.6.1.37R9

documentation info (my last downloaded version):
SDS 1000 – 2000 Programming Guide
PG01-E02D

thanks
marco
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:04:02 am by marco58 »

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1629 on: February 29, 2024, 12:44:14 am »
SDS1000X-E SCPI commands problem

Hi all, hi Tech Support

Don't expect to get official Siglent tech support here. This Siglent account last posted May 2021 and last logged in October 2022. If you need their support you'll have to go through their official support channels.

Certainly other Siglent users here in the forums might be able to help with technical questions, but you're asking questions that only Siglent could answer.

Offline figurativelythedevil

• Contributor
« Reply #1630 on: March 06, 2024, 11:14:54 pm »
I'm having an issue with my SDM3065X-SC, not sur if anyone's run into this before. Did a bit of looking and couldn't find an obvious answer.

I have my meter connected to PC via USB, and I'm trying to use EasyDMM to set up a scan, I have 5 thermocouples and 2 voltages I want to monitor. I can set up all the scan parameters with no issue, but when I connect to the meter to push the scan config and actually scan, the meter just locks up and I get an error in EasyDMM saying Failed to Query. Setting up the scan directly on the meter works fine and it scans no problem.

Does anyone know what's going on? I have the latest firmware & software revs.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1631 on: March 06, 2024, 11:35:57 pm »
I'm having an issue with my SDM3065X-SC, not sur if anyone's run into this before. Did a bit of looking and couldn't find an obvious answer.

I have my meter connected to PC via USB, and I'm trying to use EasyDMM to set up a scan, I have 5 thermocouples and 2 voltages I want to monitor. I can set up all the scan parameters with no issue, but when I connect to the meter to push the scan config and actually scan, the meter just locks up and I get an error in EasyDMM saying Failed to Query. Setting up the scan directly on the meter works fine and it scans no problem.

Check the EasyDMM App notes here:
https://siglentna.com/operating-tips/sdm3065x-series/page/2/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline figurativelythedevil

• Contributor
« Reply #1632 on: March 07, 2024, 04:28:19 pm »

I looked through these; I didn't find anything regarding the issue I'm having. The one app note regarding first use of EasyDMM and setting up a scan is how I've already done it.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1633 on: March 07, 2024, 10:45:46 pm »

I looked through these; I didn't find anything regarding the issue I'm having. The one app note regarding first use of EasyDMM and setting up a scan is how I've already done it.
Have you studied the SC manual ?
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/download/22_01_06/SC1016_Datasheet_DS60030-E02B.pdf

Dunno what else to suggest other than to take this issue to the SDM thread where you may get assistance from other owners.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-new-bench-dmm-sdm3055/ (< all SDM3000 models)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1635 on: March 22, 2024, 10:12:31 pm »
2024 catalogs are now available online. Hard copies will soon be available.

Looks like both 2104X models (Plus & HD) are still alive and well for the year?

Also, where the heck is the new pro DMM series?
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1636 on: March 22, 2024, 10:33:47 pm »

Just because Batterfly no longer lists the 2104X HD does not mean that it will no longer be available.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1637 on: March 22, 2024, 10:46:19 pm »

Just because Batterfly no longer lists the 2104X HD does not mean that it will no longer be available.

There was a comment Rob made inferring the 100MHz model(s) might disappear. Maybe they will, but doesn't look like it will be this year.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1638 on: March 22, 2024, 10:59:01 pm »
I think this is what is meant here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/should-i-replace-my-siglent-sds2014x-plus-oscilloscope-with-sds3014x-hd/msg5392277/#msg5392277

At least I don't necessarily read from this that the 2104X HD will disappear.
I don't see any reason why, the 3K HD is slightly better, all the other scopes below the 2K HD are definitely not.
If siglent can't really afford lower prices for this range, then the entire 2k HD range should be scrapped.
Sometimes it's better to say nothing than just hint at something.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1639 on: March 22, 2024, 11:12:28 pm »
2024 catalogs are now available online. Hard copies will soon be available.
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/document/Siglent%20all%20products%20selection%20guide%202024-03.pdf < All products

The 2000X HD now has 4 math channels, no 2.... 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf