Author Topic: TEK 3034 CPU Failure  (Read 725 times)

Offline Old PrinterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
TEK 3034 CPU Failure
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:27:14 pm »
I know of a Tek 3034 that appears to be in very nice shape, but is showing a CPU failure on bootup. The screen looks good, and it passes the other self diagnostic tests on that page - Acquisition, Display, Front Panel, I.O., ROM, Disc Drive and Application Modules. I have a couple older Tek analog scopes, a 475 & a 2225 but know little to nothing about their digital scopes. A quick look around ebay shows a complete motherboard from a 5054 for $325, not that I expect it to be interchangeable particularly, but it makes me wonder is it possible to pick up a scope like this, and with some persistence, luck and a few hundred bucks get it going?? Could someone familiar with this line of scopes chime in and share some insights. For instance I have read the 40+ multi page teardown thread on the 2465B in this forum, and with patience and the advice from others, that scope has changed from one that if the NVRAM chip died it was over, to one where work-arounds have been found. Anyway, I can get this scope for a couple hundred bucks, and the display looks good but for the CPU fail line. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf