Products > Test Equipment

Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread

<< < (24126/27245) > >>

Neomys Sapiens:

--- Quote from: mnementh on May 24, 2022, 02:50:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: ch_scr on May 24, 2022, 01:28:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on May 24, 2022, 01:00:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: bd139 on May 24, 2022, 09:46:20 am ---Probulators arrived courtesy Farnell. Expensive but worth it...

Got 2 sets of Pomona minigrabber leads and a full Keysight 34138A pack:   

The keysight probes aren't cheap but they have all the nice attachments with them:   

From left to right: 2x fine tipped pokers with insulation all the way down, 2x SMD grabbers, 1x normal grabber (for usual ground clip), 2x normal sheathed non retractable probes.

Fun fun fun. 34401A out for delivery too  :-+
--- End quote ---

Have you any opinions on how those sheathed fine tips compare to the 34133A and its micro pogo pins? 

Many times I've had them in my basket to pad out an order... but put them back because I found something else I needed more at the time, and honestly ~$45 for one set of probes... owwchies.

I mean, when I made all of these loverly 12 & 13ga sillycone jumpers for ~$40 delivered...

...that was much more viscerally satisfying.

mn3m
 :-/O

--- End quote ---
My father has these 34133A. The points are sharp as hell (which is why I got them as a gift in the first place) but the lead handles are freaking tiny. Like almost half the size you'd expect from a "normal" test lead... So I'd imagine not a good fit for dwagon-paws  :-//
--- End quote ---

I'm kindof torn... while I like the idea of pogo pins on a test probe, and I love the idea of razor-sharp hard-point probes like the Oldaker leads I use on my 3478A, I'm with bd139 on the point of them shorting out against other stuff, so would want them insulated like the long-thin tips in the 34138A pack. As soon as you put some heat-shrink on there to make them insulated, it kindof instantly takes away the "super-thin pointy stick" advantage... :o

As for the probes being tiny... maybe if I were using them on dangerous voltages, yeah... but I routinely use (well, I would if I could find them right now) home-made fine-fine probes which are literally sewing needles soldered to a 4mm bullet and shrink-wrap over that, which I then plug into my heavy patch cords or one of my modular test leads... so yeah, the 34133A leads would def be a step up in that dept.  :-+

mnem
 :-/O

--- End quote ---
STOP flaunting your sexy-shaped unbuyable Oldaker probes before us!
Seriously, I'm calling dibs on a pair should you ever turn your scaly back on electronics!

mnementh:

BWHAHAHAHAHA!

mnem
I'm taking them to the grave with me. Along with my Lambdas. >:D

Cubdriver:

--- Quote from: factory on May 24, 2022, 07:52:30 pm ---Some of the spare used display boards (no glassware fitted) I bought from Sphere, are from one of those, only confirmed it after buying a manual.
I do have the AC/ohms unit for one, but no matching voltmeter, the knobs have been changed for Philips ones, for some unknown reason.

David

--- End quote ---

Interesting - your A model has the display window - I can't quite make it out for sure, but it appears to show the range/setting it's on?  I have an HP-made "B" version, and they appear to have dumbed it down a bit - no display window.   :(

I still need to make interface boards in order to use it (they go in the meter itself), so it'll likely be in the queue for a while longer.

-Pat

Neomys Sapiens:

--- Quote from: mnementh on May 24, 2022, 08:19:43 pm ---
   BWHAHAHAHAHA!

mnem
I'm taking them to the grave with me. Along with my Lambdas. >:D

--- End quote ---
Noseclamp check
Pickaxe check
Shovel check
Headlamp check

mnementh:

--- Quote from: Neomys Sapiens on May 24, 2022, 08:06:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: mnementh on May 24, 2022, 02:25:48 am ---"Eggs... They're from a chicken's arse!" ~grand-dad

The old man knew how to make us kids clean our plates at breakfast, all right... :-DD

mnem
"And don't you dare waste a bite of that pig-butt, or I'll bite your butts!"  Okay, maybe that bit wasn't as funny as I remember...  :o

--- End quote ---
Say, any connection???   
--- End quote ---

Grand-dad usedta joke that a Polack uses every bit o' the pig except the squeal; however even he preferred them a little better cooked than that.  :-DD

mnem
also smoked & salted. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version