Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14946519 times)

marcumr, wkb and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #21325 on: December 16, 2018, 05:21:09 pm »
[img height =120]https://i.stack.imgur.com/kG00j.jpg[/img]   Think this is a nice look ;)
On the first day out that van would never make it back to it's base.  :-DD
Yeah, cuz YOU carjacked the poor sod to make it a HAMfest bootie-wagon.  :-DD

mnem
"Hey, hey little mama... come inside; I have warm triodes and maybe still a few rectifiers haven't been consumed yet..."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:35:32 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21326 on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:47 pm »
BBC is basically political bias these days what with the wingnut airtime.

Ach, not quite political bias, arguably the opposite...

But the "everybody's views are equally valid" mentality is indeed a problem. It allows the destructive extremes to peddle their wares :(

That, alas, is the core problem with ANY democracy: You don't count brains by counting noses.

mnem
"Keep a sufficiently open mind, and people will come along and throw all kinds of stupid shit in there." ~ mom
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21327 on: December 16, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »
No advertising on several channels at all and quality new programming. It’s prjvably worth it if you’re in to it (I’m not).

CBeebies is the section of BBC devoted to young 0-6y easily warped minds. There is a pile of hypocrisy hiding there that no one gets to see. Themes are universally environmentalism, inclusivity, disabilities, discrimination, hardcore education etc. However there is some nasty shit out there which means they are “cog formers”. When the BBC went mental recently and tried to get everyone “coding” they started showing job propaganda for in desire careers to shape people’s interests etc rather than giving a wealth of experience to choose from. This was a step to far. Also behind the scenes is a theatre personality cult lead by Justin fletcher. I have met the guy when they visited the kids school and he was an absolutely fucking horrible person who while the camera wasn’t rolling would be more Bernard from Black Books and equally as verbally abusive. Not only on top of that, they have “you can join too” plays and things. Well it turns out you have to audition to be in the audience to make sure you fit the racial or gender profile of the hour.  Families travel across the U.K. to these shows only to find when they get there they are sent home for not being right for the programmes. This is the ultimate filtered reality. I’d rather my kids watched Optimus prime blowing the shit out of stuff.

Also one of their celebrity staff was caught doing cocaine and topped himself after they fired him. Rather than deal with this real life issue, they erased everything related to him from their reality and all the show archives.

Take a look at PBS over here some time; they've become blatant apologists for the oil industry. Shocking, what with one of the Kochs chairing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting...  :palm:

mnem
CBeebies got NUTHIN' on Veggie Tales. Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.  :scared:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21328 on: December 16, 2018, 05:49:11 pm »

I remember when colour TV was first launched, my Dad not would entertain having colour TV, claimed it was not natural, black and white was perfect, hmm I wonder if he was colour blind, how the feck can colour not be natural, the world is full of colour, natural colour or have those bastard gremlins been out again with their blasted tins of paint to fool us?  :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:

Your Father and my Father must have talked.  ::) He wouldn't buy a color TV either. Because they were unreliable, which is true but beside the point. It wasn't until 1974 when I moved out on my own that I bought a color TV.

My grandfather, an otherwise technologically savvy old bastard (He was a master machinist before and after the war... a natural-born engineer, but trade-schooled instead of white-collar schooled) would leave the color off to "save it" for movies and feetsball games.

No lie.

It wasn't until I was in my teens taking my Electronics Tech & Engineering coursework, with my own job, and I promised him that if the color went out I'd BUY HIM A NEW SET, that he permitted the color to be left on all the time. By this time, he had a Curtis-Mathis (Rebranded RCA, IIRC) 32" console that was 100% solid-state/IC, so was literally a huge tube, one PCB and speakers in a cavernous empty wooden cabinet like a cedar chest. He was crazy pleased with himself for getting that lumbering dinosaur of a set at Colortyme...  :palm:

mnem
I used to hide all sorts of crap in there...

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21329 on: December 16, 2018, 05:54:34 pm »
Does the Ministry of Housinge still send these around?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21330 on: December 16, 2018, 05:54:55 pm »
CBeebies got NUTHIN' on Veggie Tales. Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.  :scared:

Challenge accepted!

https://youtu.be/ShojUW96vt4

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21331 on: December 16, 2018, 06:39:08 pm »
Challenge accepted!

https://youtu.be/ShojUW96vt4
Without the religious indoctrination it isn't quite the same.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21332 on: December 16, 2018, 08:00:42 pm »
Yeah, that's exactly what was getting at. Veggie Tales has NOTHING to do with veggies, or morality... it's about brainwashing them from toddler through preschool with "Christian Science" propaganda.

mnem
History will mark these decades as the beginning of the Dark Ages of the American Empire. IF we survive as a species long enough to grow up.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21333 on: December 16, 2018, 08:10:05 pm »

Has anybody else noticed eevBlog recently sometimes having a brainfart and serving the page with the wrong video attached to a post? It seems to happen if I I go back a few pages real quick, and then I have to force-reload to fix it. This is with Win10/FireFlump, BTW.

I'll try and stomach MS Edge long enough to see if it happens there too, but I refuse to allow Chrome back on any machine I own anymore.

mnem
*p00t!*

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21334 on: December 16, 2018, 08:10:53 pm »
Dons suit of armor , throws away ber gear...
feels good man
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21335 on: December 16, 2018, 08:14:34 pm »
https://youtu.be/NgtQiUN6vjQ

BER...?   :-DD

mnem
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21336 on: December 16, 2018, 08:18:51 pm »
Throw it away? Surely you're supposed to stick it on eBay as "power up tested only"  :-DD

@mnem: that's a timing issue with YT AFAIK. Very annoying. A company I worked for had training videos up and a second video appeared on the page which was apparently "rather embarrassing".

Got nowhere on 465 in the end. Too busy :(

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21337 on: December 16, 2018, 08:19:56 pm »

Has anybody else noticed eevBlog recently sometimes having a brainfart and serving the page with the wrong video attached to a post? It seems to happen if I I go back a few pages real quick, and then I have to force-reload to fix it. This is with Win10/FireFlump, BTW.

I'll try and stomach MS Edge long enough to see if it happens there too, but I refuse to allow Chrome back on any machine I own anymore.

mnem
*p00t!*
I've never seen that. Maybe some plug-in on your side?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21338 on: December 16, 2018, 08:59:10 pm »
I noticed eBay has entirely dried up for Christmas now. There's literally bugger all of interest there that is test gear related. You'd think everyone would be selling it now to try and get some extra cash in for Christmas but nope, dead! :(

Perhaps this is a sign I should be finishing some projects  :-DD

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #21339 on: December 16, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
I noticed eBay has entirely dried up for Christmas now. There's literally bugger all of interest there that is test gear related. You'd think everyone would be selling it now to try and get some extra cash in for Christmas but nope, dead! :(

And trust Valuable Stuff to the couriers at the moment?

Yup; think positive!
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #21340 on: December 16, 2018, 09:41:02 pm »
Dons suit of armor , throws away ber gear...
feels good man

I need a decent LCR meter  :(
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21341 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:42 pm »
So I decided to revisit the scope bouncy ball thing and found a massive fuck up on the schematic I published. The master oscillators have the opamp inputs swapped. (U1A/U1B)  :palm: :palm: :palm:

Was clearly asleep when I captured that.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21342 on: December 16, 2018, 11:19:09 pm »
They are stimulated enough already :horse: but it seems auto correct or my brain (3am visit last night  |O) wasn't working properly

Take these sorts of noises mix them with the high speed 'scampering' (CLOMPING) of 2-5kg of animal across a tin roof.

Have you tried shocking one and recording it?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21343 on: December 16, 2018, 11:30:32 pm »

mnem
*p00t!*
I've never seen that. Maybe some plug-in on your side?
Naahhh.... it appears to be connected to cache handling, as the "wrong" videos are ones I've seen or posted. I browsed the forum for almost an hour on Edge and I couldn't replicate; but I've been back on FireFlump almost as long and no recidivism here either.

fukkitt. I've given it entirely too much free rent in my head already; I'm going to go back to family time.

mnem
I need to make some humburgles.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21344 on: December 16, 2018, 11:50:34 pm »

Not set up yet and while I may put a camera for a look the video won't go public lest I have high voltage applied to my bits by the animal lovers of the world  :o
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21345 on: December 17, 2018, 12:13:07 am »

:-+  I have 4 pieces of gear that need to be finished up before I bring anything more inside.  And then there's the audio components which needs to be cleaned up and repaired just so they're not sitting in the repair pile glaring at me.  This all started so I could keep my audio stuff maintained and - you know - actually listen to music instead of putter around in the lab.   :-DD

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #21346 on: December 17, 2018, 12:20:47 am »
This all started so I could keep my audio stuff maintained and - you know - actually listen to music instead of putter around in the lab.   :-DD

You mean actually use the gear you have built or repaired?  ???

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21347 on: December 17, 2018, 12:23:36 am »

Not set up yet and while I may put a camera for a look the video won't go public lest I have high voltage applied to my bits by the animal lovers of the world  :o
Not for fun and not necessarely on video. I was thinking along the line of recording the acoustic signalisation of percieved pain of such a beastie and using it for the purpose of discouraging others to approach the place.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #21348 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:16 am »
This all started so I could keep my audio stuff maintained and - you know - actually listen to music instead of putter around in the lab.   :-DD

You mean actually use the gear you have built or repaired?  ???

What a concept LOL.  ???
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21349 on: December 17, 2018, 01:01:25 am »

Not for fun and not necessarely on video. I was thinking along the line of recording the acoustic signalisation of percieved pain of such a beastie and using it for the purpose of discouraging others to approach the place.

That's one of the things I want gone is the Possum noises  ;) The immediate yard and garden with trees is nearly 100m long as are the neighbors I have given up trying to grow vegetables because of them, they even peel the lemons off the tree but it can be their playground just not on the roof or near the house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf