Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 15250201 times)

mag_therm, 6h8c, Wolfgang, djadeski, Messtechniker, duckduck, TheDefpom, Everbrave and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #32050 on: May 26, 2019, 08:01:28 pm »
Not so much a new piece of TE, but a new shop helper.  Boxer Shepard mix, 6 weeks old and what a hand full she is already.  Goes from sleep to crazy then back to sleep before you know what hit you.

Meanwhile behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore;

Got the 427A  nearly fully restored and calibrated.  The 4329A checked out perfectly and needs only the slide on feet to make it complete.

The following users thanked this post: med6753, bd139, 0culus

Offline Housedad

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32051 on: May 26, 2019, 08:08:15 pm »
The meters are awesome but the puppy is way  better.  She is sooo darn cute!
At least I'm still older than my test equipment

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #32052 on: May 26, 2019, 08:16:06 pm »
The meters are awesome but the puppy is way  better.  She is sooo darn cute!

Right?

Has her own place in the lab already;

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, med6753, beanflying

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #32053 on: May 26, 2019, 08:17:10 pm »
Such cuteness, also approve of the reloading press.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, kj7e, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Housedad

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32054 on: May 26, 2019, 08:19:49 pm »
My daughter and wife give her two "Awwwwe, she's so adorable" each.
At least I'm still older than my test equipment

The following users thanked this post: kj7e

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #32055 on: May 26, 2019, 08:21:21 pm »
   Not so much a new piece of TE, but a new shop helper.  Boxer Shepard mix, 6 weeks old and what a hand full she is already.  Goes from sleep to crazy then back to sleep before you know what hit you.

That's parenthood in a nutshell.  :-DD

Meanwhile behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore;      Got the 427A  nearly fully restored and calibrated.  The 4329A checked out perfectly and needs only the slide on feet to make it complete.

Shiny!  :-+

mnem
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32056 on: May 26, 2019, 08:52:59 pm »
Dogs are better than cats in the lab. Look, it was Caturday yesterday so I am allowed. Cats just stroll and climb around and sit on top of nice warm equipment and piss in the vents while wafting their tails right in front of your VDU or CRO.

Dogs will actively join you on your investigation and troubleshooting, staying below the bench and just eager to lend a wet nose and notice your excitement at figuring out a fault and will jump up offering moral team work support, they also know to stay under the bench when you are getting irate at the job not working quite how you hoped. Of course you can de-stress by relaxing with a cup of tea and give your dog some strokes and treats. Dogs are also great when working under your car, when you curse to fuck about a seized bolt or tight oil filter and then you get a wet nose and tongue in your face to make you right.

Damn. I miss my dogs. Eldest was 20 years and youngest to go was 16 years (and that good boy was the one I never imagined getting spleen cancer, he was so fit! 'Macbeth' was one of my dogs.)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32057 on: May 26, 2019, 09:35:50 pm »
Dogs come when they are called; cats let you rollover to voicemail. :-DD

mnem
Cats know EXACTLY how we feel. They don't give a damn, but they know.  >:D
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #32058 on: May 26, 2019, 09:42:07 pm »

mnem

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Macbeth, mnementh, neo, bd139, grizewald, Kosmic

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #32059 on: May 26, 2019, 09:44:05 pm »
Found this on Ebay. Never heard of the brand. Lots of shiny aluminum. Didn't know if anyone would be interested.

Energy concepts DMM

Interesting.....never heard of them either.

Nice case design  :-+
Ruby Red LED's  :-+
Separate input and ranging for current  :-+
Circuit breakers for current  :-+
Google never heard of them  :--
Only 3.5 digits  :--
Unknown accuracy  :--
Manuals/schematic probably unobtanium  :--

Meh  :-- 
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #32060 on: May 26, 2019, 09:52:37 pm »

mnem

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retardeutd. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

LMAO.  :-DD  But I still like dogs...and cats...for what they are.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #32061 on: May 26, 2019, 10:33:41 pm »
The Dog’s Diary[/b]

My daughter's dog's diary is rather different, and displays a marked degree of monomania...

8:00 am - Woken up to have a pee.

8:10 am - Ate a snack, then went back under the blanket.

9:00 am - Brought ball to owners, but they wouldn't play. Went back to bed.

10:00am - Brought ball to owner. They threw it, I fetched it, my favourite thing.

10:30 am - Dropped ball in an owner's bath to get them to throw it. They wouldn't.

12:00 pm - Ate a snack. Brought ball to owner. They threw it, my favourite thing.

1:00 pm - Brought ball to owner. They threw it, I fetched it, my favourite thing.

3:00 pm - Going out for a walk. Brought ball to owners, but they made me leave it behind because they want me to play with other dogs.

3:10 pm - Frightened by a motorbike, but I viciously attacked it, it backed down and retreated. Thank dog I can defend my owners.

4:00 pm - Chased a ball substitute, but it escaped up a tree. My second favourite thing.

5:00 pm - Ate lunch, because owners wouldn't play ball.

6:00 pm - Brought ball to owner. They threw it, I fetched it, my favourite thing.

6:03 pm - Interrupted fetching the ball to chase a mouse, but couldn't get to it.

6:06 pm - Brought ball to owner. They threw it, I fetched it, my favourite thing.

7:00 pm - Brought ball to owner. They threw it, I fetched it, my favourite thing.

10:00 pm - Chased smells into neighbouring gardens, had a pee.

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline Johnny765johns567

« Reply #32062 on: May 26, 2019, 10:43:54 pm »
I am an old TV tech & also worked for AT&T!! Can draw schematics from just looking at the IC diagrams!! But I am looking for a tube tester for small vacuum tubes that go in Golden Eagle CB,s Have 20 to repair and sale for $2000.00 apiece!!!!!!

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32063 on: May 26, 2019, 11:05:57 pm »
POSTED FOR NEO.

That looks like a kit or home built. Yes?

heath IB-1100.

only 30Mhz and not very sensitive.  have never felt a need to open it up and look inside, so no idea about the build quality.

bought it about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in the basement on top of a stack of real counters.

BECAUSE it is NIXIE.
free range primate

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32064 on: May 26, 2019, 11:11:13 pm »
I am an old TV tech & also worked for AT&T!! Can draw schematics from just looking at the IC diagrams!! But I am looking for a tube tester for small vacuum tubes that go in Golden Eagle CB,s Have 20 to repair and sale for $2000.00 apiece!!!!!!

Wow. I didn't realize that CB sets went for that much. They must put out a lot of ... power ...  :-/O
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #32065 on: May 26, 2019, 11:13:57 pm »

Welcome. Are you looking for a plain emission tube tester or a mutual conductance tube tester? The former just tests for cathode emission and shorts. The later performs much more complete testing simulating actual operating conditions. The former can be had fairly cheaply on Ebay. The later is much more expensive and desirable. 

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #32066 on: May 26, 2019, 11:20:16 pm »

Wow. I didn't realize that CB sets went for that much. They must put out a lot of ... power ...  :-/O

Yep....Browning Golden Eagle base stations can sell for stupid money even cranking out barefoot power.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #32067 on: May 26, 2019, 11:31:12 pm »

Not everybody reads this thread, so you might get a wider response if you split that out as a separate thread.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32068 on: May 26, 2019, 11:40:18 pm »

mnem
(SNIP)The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. do horrendous things to perfectly good meat; carrying it home from parts unknown in containers magically made of tree, then they put it in the magic winter box until they feel it is time to eat rather than hunting it fresh and wriggling themselves! Worse yet, rather than tear into it wet and raw and bleeding like all proper meals, they insist on burning it with their demonically tamed fire and contaminating it with bits of weed and crushed minerals. Sacrilege! Somehow I must destroy them for this crime against the Goddess of the Hunt. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. I haven't figured out how to destroy them; my fiercest domination dance only serves to encourage them, whereupon they lavish me with attention and "petting"... damn them and their wily ways. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this demonstration might win them over to the Goddess' side; clearly they are defective and don't know how to hunt. would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities.  However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Ignorant heathen bastards! Dammit, people I'm trying to save your immortal souls!

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs. Damn them and their magical petting hands! FOILED AGAIN!!!

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

There... that's a little more like it...  :-DD

mnem
 >:D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:52:01 pm by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32069 on: May 26, 2019, 11:45:30 pm »

There... that's a little more like it...  :-DD

mnem
 >:D

:-+

My cat read it and approves.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32070 on: May 26, 2019, 11:50:16 pm »

Yep....Browning Golden Eagle base stations can sell for stupid money even cranking out barefoot power.

But... it's still Children's Band . That's like taking enough money to buy a perfectly good car and getting a DIY Lobotomy Kit instead.  |O

mnem
Or you could just drink a quart of rubbing alcohol and pocket $1998.00...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:55:34 pm by mnementh »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #32071 on: May 26, 2019, 11:53:52 pm »

But... it's still Children's Band. That's like taking enough money to buy a perfectly good car and getting a DIY Lobotomy Kit instead.  |O

mnem
Or you could just drink a quart of rubbing alcohol and pocket $1998.00...

Scary anyone would want to spend that sort of cash for a CB  :o

Speaking of Lobotomy's even HAMS seem to need one  :-DD

https://youtu.be/5-JyK1WvRX8
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #32072 on: May 27, 2019, 02:18:28 am »
My problem with Radio, HAM or CB is, I enjoy how it works more than talking to the people you often find there.  Been licensed as an Extra since I was 13, 30 years ago now, but not been very active for the last 10.  I miss the technical discussion and could not care less for the arguing and mindless banter.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32073 on: May 27, 2019, 02:21:24 am »
My problem with Radio, HAM or CB is, I enjoy how it works more than talking to the people you often find there.  Been licensed as an Extra since I was 13, 30 years ago now, but not been very active for the last 10.  I miss the technical discussion and could not care less for the arguing and mindless banter.

That's why I use FT8. I don't have to talk about the WX or someone's arthritis ...  :P

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #32074 on: May 27, 2019, 02:46:08 am »
Just a few more SVG's in the Zip file to add to your collections but who wants any of the Keysight and Agilent Rubbish  ;)

Sorted the Tek engrave with bumping the power a touch too.  :)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf