Author Topic: UNI-T UT139C MULTIMETER  (Read 4566 times)

Offline jobogTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
UNI-T UT139C MULTIMETER
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:51:44 am »
Just received the UT139C multimeter I ordered and it appears to be a pretty decent meter.  The continuity beeper is really slow but it seems to be well built.

When I took the meter out of the box there was something rattling around inside the cardboard box.  What I found was a small, about 1/8", steel ball bearing.  Looks like something that would be used for the detente in a rotary switch.  The switch on my meter seems to work just fine so I don't think it came out of my meter.  Don't know why a piece like this would be anywhere near the packaging operation for these meters so I must assume that UNI-T is just providing a spare ball in case I take my meter apart and lose one. :-DD

Always disconcerting when you find something loose in a box that could have come from the product you just bought.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:54:47 am by jobog »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: UNI-T UT139C MULTIMETER
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:59:23 am »
I have an old GB GDT-200A piece of crap and one of the bearings kept on getting free. I did attempt many times but not really trying really hard since with just one bearing is was working fine.

Last time I did take it apart I finally fixed it and there is no rattling anymore. As far as I recall, that bearing has been getting out of it's post since I got that meter at a Home Depot a long time ago.

I do have a UT71B but those don't use ball bearings.

Anyways, I don't think they gave you an extra bearing, I think it probably came loose and it's looking for a place to nest and create a short.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:46:55 am »
The continuity beeper is really slow but it seems to be well built.
I wonder if you have a defective one.  The youtube video by eevblog member, electronupdate,

at around 7:19m shows the continuity speed and it seems fairly fast.

Are you comparing the UT139C continuity beeper to another faster meter like a Fluke 87V or something like that?

Offline jobogTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:59:12 am »
The continuity beeper is really slow but it seems to be well built.
I wonder if you have a defective one.  The youtube video by eevblog member, electronupdate,

at around 7:19m shows the continuity speed and it seems fairly fast.

Are you comparing the UT139C continuity beeper to another faster meter like a Fluke 87V or something like that?

I would say my meter's response is comparable to the one in the review so it's not defective.  I was comparing it to my Radio Shack meter which is a little faster than this one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf