Author Topic: What does the ethernet interface do on a R&S HMO1002/1202 scope ?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline RoloTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Recently been looking at the R&S HMO1002/1202 series scopes, I did find a lot of information but I'm can't find much about the ethernet interface. Are there any owners of this scope that can tell more about how the ethernet interface is being used ? The manual says that it provides a web interface and dedicates a whole page to the IP numbering system but not much info on the contents of this web interface. Can you do settings only, or does it show the scope screen ? Or both ?
Would like to see some sceenshot of what's going on in the webinterface.

Thanks !

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What does the ethernet interface do on a R&S HMO1002/1202 scope ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:26:40 pm »
I think the MAIN purpose of the Ethernet interface is to provide the possibility of remote xontrol thru SCPI programming. Here's a link to the HMO1002/1202 SCPI Programmers manual

As far as the built in web server/page the manual does say
If the device has an IP address, it can be accessed via web browser at this IP since the Ethernet interface includes an integrated web server. Enter the IP address in the location bar on your browser (http//xxx.xxx.xxx.xx). This opens a window that includes the device name and type, serial number and interfaces with technical information and configured parameters.
So, without having tried it (I have one at work) I'd guess the web interface doesn't really do much except show some information.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf