Author Topic: Infiray C210 Thermal Camera review  (Read 46448 times)

Offline Andrew LB

• Contributor
Re: Infiray C210 Thermal Camera review
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2021, 04:25:24 am »
Infiray (IRay) are producing some really excellent thermal imaging cores and cameras. They also offer the higher frame rate which is a bonus. FLIR and Seek Thermal have some serious competition in the marketplace from the latest Chinese imaging cores  :-+

Well Joe Biden did give them plenty of Eotech GPNVG-18 ($42,000) night vision goggles as well as many lesser high tech PVS-14's free of charge in Afghanistan, so they've got plenty of stuff to reverse engineer.

Offline flatterband

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2022, 09:52:17 pm »
I made a slidable lens holder for it.

ZeSe lense, Diameter: 12mm, Focal Length: 50.8mm.

refer
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5137854

Excellent Idea - thanks a bunch  :clap:

It found no slide.STL for the lens holder on the thingiverse link so i used a solidworks Viewer to load slide.SLDPRT and export this to slide.STL. Solidworks used micrometer instead of milimeter, so this slide.STL has to be scaled 1000x to fit.

I have attached the "missing" slide.STL - hope it helps anyone who wants to print your slideable lens.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:01:46 pm by flatterband »

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2022, 01:49:45 am »
Thanks for your excellent InfiRay C210 review!

May I know if C210 has PC analysis software? If not, I will try C200. This function is essential for me a lot!

Looking forward to your reply! Thanks!

Offline Helix70

• Supporter
  • VK4JNA
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2022, 03:34:01 am »
Well Joe Biden did give them plenty of Eotech GPNVG-18 ($42,000) night vision goggles as well as many lesser high tech PVS-14's free of charge in Afghanistan, so they've got plenty of stuff to reverse engineer.

Did he make your fuel expensive too? 🤣

Offline matej_cro

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2022, 12:54:22 pm »
yunpan.raytrontek.com/l/F1opzU

Latest Infiray software (IRPT_TAS_V116).... if somebody needed

The following users thanked this post: technogreek

Offline JM1010

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2022, 04:32:54 am »
Just received my c200 and macro lens. What are the recommended settings for pcb work? Emmissivity etc. Manual says .91 but I’m not sure. Also distance seem to be in meters. Any possibility to adjust lower to reflect pcb small distance? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:43:09 am by JM1010 »

Offline matej_cro

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2022, 01:30:42 pm »
Go to facebook and join to INFRARED TERMOGRAPHY group. then search for work "C210" and you will see many post from my colegue Mark Berger that have that Infiray camera and use it for PCB repairs in his company. So you will find a lot of settings, image samples etc... Just contact him and thats it.  8)

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2022, 01:45:35 pm »
Just took a look at that Facebook page…. Wow it certainly suffers from SPAM. There are some decent contributions if you can find them between the adverts, religious postings and other SPAM. Thank goodness we have this forum available to us  :-+
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: bingo600, JM1010

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2022, 02:29:11 am »
Thanks for the detailed review!
Unfortunately I can't find where to download the latest software.
Do you know where I can get it?

Thanks
Musk

Offline illiac4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2022, 04:30:45 am »
https://www.iraytek.com/service/down-detail-10.htm

Select Client and there you will see IRPT_TAS_V116.exe

The following users thanked this post: AlcidePiR2, technogreek

Offline matej_cro

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 07:04:40 am »
if you just look 4 posts up you will see link that i get from tehnician, for latest software  ;D

yunpan.raytrontek.com/l/F1opzU

The following users thanked this post: thermalengineer

Offline Creep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2022, 10:44:59 am »
Looking into purchasing a thermal camera for electronics design/repair and the infiray C210 seems to fit the bill pretty well (coupled with the macro lens, that is).
The trouble is that the C210 doesn't seem to exist/be sold anymore. Spotted some mentions of the C200 Pro as well, but that is also pretty much nowhere to be found.

Live temperature data streaming to a PC would be a really usefull feature for me and not something I would want to miss out on.
There seems to be some very conflicting information available on the web so just wondering whether someone knows: have infiray given the C200 the UVC support or is such a camera simply no longer available?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 10:48:09 am by Creep »

Offline matej_cro

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2022, 09:05:43 am »
I have email for distributer from Poland. He have C200 and C200 PRO on stock. C200 = 499$, C200 PRO = 569$.
contact mr. Prezemyslaw Degorski on mail: p.degorski@aiq-robotics.com if you want to buy one from EU stock.  8)

Offline Creep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2022, 06:27:05 am »
I've already placed the order for a UTi260B, but thank you for the offer.

As a sidenote, for anyone wondering, the aliexpress Uni-T store answered that the C200 doesn't offer USB video capabilities.

Offline matej_cro

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2022, 10:35:28 am »
I've already placed the order for a UTi260B, but thank you for the offer.

As a sidenote, for anyone wondering, the aliexpress Uni-T store answered that the C200 doesn't offer USB video capabilities.

Only C200 PRO have live video stream to PC.

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2022, 06:01:07 am »
Great review with a very unbiased opinion backed with some first-hand experience with the handheld thermal camera. They seem great value for money especially when the vision you showed was so clear, an awesome review thanks so much.

Offline optotester

• Contributor
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2022, 07:30:00 am »
Hi all, for anyone interested here is last firmware version 1.3.8 from 27 Feb 2022.
It is targeted at C2XX series in theory (mine in C200) - please be extremely careful, I am not sure at all it will work on C210, although I do not think there is any hardware difference with C200.

Note that it seems possible to execute files at boot, so the camera can be most likely modified. The UVC functionality seems to be defined by a variable in the S90start file.

EDIT: Attachment removed - it is for C200 based on HiSi3516 platform, different for the C200/C210 from early batches which are IMX6 based.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:43:07 am by optotester »

Offline bebopdk

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2022, 01:20:37 pm »
Have you installed this firmware on your C200? would like to try it on mine, but it would be nice to hear how it works  ;)

Offline keenox

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2022, 12:54:33 pm »
Any luck extracting/installing firmware on the C200? I had to decide between A-BF RX-680 (found afterwards that is is the Infiray C200) and the Uni-T UTi260. I asked the seller and said both have PC live video and that the C200 has better battery. I trusted them only to find out it doesn't have live PC video  |O
I read the Infiray manual and my guess is that only the software is different

Offline optotester

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2022, 07:45:22 am »
No success so far, it says it does not find the file maybe I need a smaller SD card.

The upgrade procedure in the Word is wrong, to activate update mode the command is to push right 1 second then left on the main screen. This activate the update popup.

Creating an upgrade folder at the root of the SD Card takes a backup of the calibration settings in a file.

Also pushing up then down (or down then up) triggers the advanced settings menu, allowing to recalibrate the device with two points 10ºC and 120ºC.

The following users thanked this post: bingo600, bebopdk

Offline labeanchik

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2022, 05:09:56 pm »
Real-time temperature reading support via USB only for C200 Pro model.

Someone used Hikmicro B20 - how much more profitable to buy this model?
She already has support for broadcasting information in real time via Wi-fi.
But the cost is much more.

Offline optotester

• Contributor
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2022, 02:12:37 pm »
For info, I explained here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/uni-t-uti260b/msg4361233/#msg4361233 how to take a backup of the current firmware of your device.
Only difference is for teardown, there are 6 screws behind the screen on the C2xx series (under the adhesive).

If anyone is willing to share its firmware it would be great (even if backup takes 4GB, compressed is only few dozens of MB).

Offline optotester

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2022, 05:00:48 pm »
DISCLAIMER - I am not responsible if your device get bricked. I minimized the changes performed on the system but we still need one file to trigger the update. I use uti160e which seems to be a test trigger, not used in any commercial device.

Hello, I highly simplified the firmware backup process presented previously. I hope it will help people to provide a copy of their current firmware. The U-Boot way of taking a backup does not alter any data on the camera so it is preferred, but having a "one-click" backup method, which do NOT require to teardown the device can be useful too :).

This method replace the file used for USB Disk mode to provide root access to the camera. It activates a serial console through USB, along with mass storage (you need to have an SD in your device !).

It will make possible the activation of UVC for any camera, even if not supported by default - but I need to collect firmware for that first.

1-Format SD Card using MBR FAT32 (important - do not use GPT)
2-Create a folder called "Upgrade" at the root of the card
2-Create a folder called "Backup" at the root of the card
3-Copy the 2 files provided in the Upgrade folder
4-Initiate the upgrade procedure by pushing the right button for ~1s, releasing it and at the same time quickly pressing the left button
5-Select "APP"
6-Reboot

If you have an SD Card in your camera, it will be recognised as a CDC ACM device (acting as Mass Storage and Serial Port at the same time) when USB Disk mode is selected.

Typical serial port is /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux) or /dev/usbmodemXXXX (OSX).
Parameters are 115200/8-N-1.

2 Users are available:
Root access : root/password
Normal user access : ftpadmin/ftpadmin

To take a quick backup of your system, create a folder called Backup at the root of the SD Card, reboot and switch from USB Camera mode to USB Disk. It takes ~30s max (there is no visual feedback except for a "Done" line written on the serial console).

To take a full backup of your system, create a folder called FullBackup at the root of the SD Card, reboot and switch from USB Camera mode to USB Disk. Wait for ~15 min without performing any action (there is no visual feedback except for a "Done" line written on the serial console).
Backup is 3.7GB but <100MB compressed.

If for any reason the root password is not "password", create a folder called "ForceRoot" to force the password to be changed.

As an example, I attach C200 firmware 1.1.1.0 (which has UVC working on Linux/OSX but not with default Windows drivers):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d8svb1cvmt5g43m/Original+FW.zip/file
Please do not use that firmware, you most likely have a more recent firmware. I think I have one of the oldest batch.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 06:01:12 pm by optotester »

The following users thanked this post: keenox, Algoma, bebopdk, Honusnap

Offline bebopdk

• Contributor
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2022, 06:04:19 pm »
 :-+Wow! Great work!
Looking forward to try this out when I have time.

Offline keenox

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2022, 09:34:47 pm »
@optotester I tried it but I get the same message "Found application failed! Please check again!" and it only puts CalTempConfig.ini in the Upgrade folder
Nevermind, I didn't read the part where I needed to put the files in the Upgrade folder. I put them in the root.
The script seems to execute as the serial appears in Device Manager, but the backup is not written. Can't seem to be able to connect to the serial device (using Win10). Tried both PuTTY and Realterm
Currently fiddling with the script.

BTW, why don't you get the path to the SD card from the script path (I'm guessing it is executed directly from the card and it is not copied) and iterate through mounts instead?

Update: Also tried connecting to serial using WSL and a Debian VM. Still no luck. Terminal is silent. No keypress echo and no output.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:54:57 pm by keenox »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf