Author Topic: Uni-t UTi260B  (Read 113980 times)

Offline TinkeringSteve

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Uni-t UTi260B
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2022, 06:59:29 pm »
Ah, I have 1.2.2, something in between.

This would confirm that version 1.2.6 has a bug that does not allow connection to the phone in usb camera mode.  >:(
Or perhaps someone is working on hacking the 260B? Then you could upload custom firmware etc.

Not sure, I only tested it with a Windows PC, not a phone. But... USB is USB, it should not matter, right?
Anyway, I was using their supplied Windows software to test the camera mode with.

Offline mogor

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2022, 09:32:13 pm »
I can confirm that UTi260B with firmware version 1.2.6 does not provide a proper USB Camera interface. Both a Windows and a Linux machine fail to initialize the video feed.

In Windows it is detected as a "UVC Camera" with a generic Microsoft driver.
Downloading the software package from uni-trend[dot]com with a lightspeed of 50 KiB/s now. Glad I was able to travel back in time successfully.

Offline mogor

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2022, 02:22:37 am »
UTi Live Screen v1.52 software can display the video feed from the camera, but the framerate drops quite a bit. Too bad, I was looking forward to joining video conferences in infrared.

Offline CANUK

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2022, 07:07:15 am »
My camera also developed a hotspot.  :-\

Offline yoifranz

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2022, 04:53:31 pm »
good day, a great question, the video shows an adjustable support to adjust the height of the UTi260B, could you tell me which ones. Thanks a lot.
  :-+ :-+

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005003111031905.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2esp    :scared: :scared: :scared:    |O |O

Offline onlooker

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2022, 12:07:03 am »
Bought an Ender 3 pro printer recently. This is my lens holder in a minimalistic approach using a D12mm lens ($7).

The lens was super glued to the ring in 3 tiny spots. Seems good enough.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 12:11:54 am by onlooker »

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2022, 10:59:45 am »
For those who are interested, I've just published a LCD+Keyboard cover available here:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5341742
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 11:03:01 am by Ratisse »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Tugo, vav

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2022, 10:38:08 am »
My camera also developed a hotspot.  :-\

How long did it work normally? Mine only worked without the hot spot for a few hours

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2022, 01:12:01 pm »
Regarding ‘hot spots’ ……

These can be caused by nothing more serious than a spec of debris getting onto the microbolometer window. The dirt or debris that is on the window reflects the microbolometer die temperature back at it, causing the hot spot. A careful clean of the microbolometer window (not the lens) will often remove the issue.Before anyone asks, I cannot provide a guide to cleaning their particular microbolometer, except to say you need good access to the window by either removing the lens or the microbolometer from the core chassis.

As to where the first or debris comes from…… budget manufacturing facilities with less than perfect microbolometer core hygiene. Foreign bodies within the core capsule can move around and drop onto the microbolometer window. A photographic air puffer through the lens mounting hole can sometimes clear the problem. You need to reset the lens focus point after removing it.

Fraser
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 05:25:38 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2022, 04:29:45 pm »
The opposite can also occur, a bit of debris on the window that has been calibrated *IN* to the camera gain then falls off.

Bill

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2022, 05:28:22 pm »
Thanks Bill,

Yes that is a really nasty situation as correction would require creation of a new calibration table or amendments to the original. In the ‘calibrated with debris present’ scenario I would expect the dead pixel map to try to hide the pixels in the debris ‘shadow’ as they would fall outside the response limits set during calibration and be considered faulty.

Fraser
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 05:31:37 pm by Fraser »

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2022, 07:35:46 pm »
For those who are interested, I've just published a LCD+Keyboard cover available here:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5341742

Hi Ratisse, you seem to be pretty good with the 3D CAD modelling. Any chance you can make a stand for the unit to seat is on while not in use? Something that hold the IR camera upright on your desk, with a little bit of a forward tilt to it, so you can just pick it up with 1 hand, use it, then put it back in it's dock after?

Would be great to keep the desk space clear and not just have the camera laying on its side.

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2022, 09:13:41 pm »
Thanks Bill,

Yes that is a really nasty situation as correction would require creation of a new calibration table or amendments to the original. In the ‘calibrated with debris present’ scenario I would expect the dead pixel map to try to hide the pixels in the debris ‘shadow’ as they would fall outside the response limits set during calibration and be considered faulty.

Fraser

At least for the more recent Argus cameras (ie where we set the parameters) that was not the case.  Any dust or window coating defects were far enough out of focus not to cause a bad enough 'shadow' to fail the pixels.  I doubt any other cameras are that different in approach, with defective pixel cutoff set at around 75% of average/median response.

The only problem was the cameras with interchange lenses as the 'shadows' moved !

Bill

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2022, 09:28:18 pm »
Bill,

Interesting. Thank you  :-+

Fraser

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2022, 10:38:20 am »

Hi Ratisse, you seem to be pretty good with the 3D CAD modelling. Any chance you can make a stand for the unit to seat is on while not in use? Something that hold the IR camera upright on your desk, with a little bit of a forward tilt to it, so you can just pick it up with 1 hand, use it, then put it back in it's dock after?

Would be great to keep the desk space clear and not just have the camera laying on its side.

Hi Mario87, I will try to do this as soon as I have a moment. I was also considering making an adjustable stand to hold the camera horizontally so I could slide a board underneath after focusing with the macro lens
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 10:46:12 am by Ratisse »

The following users thanked this post: Mario87

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2022, 11:21:35 am »

Hi Mario87, I will try to do this as soon as I have a moment. I was also considering making an adjustable stand to hold the camera horizontally so I could slide a board underneath after focusing with the macro lens

Just finished the dock with Freecad but not printed yet, before I would like to know if it is what you where looking for

Offline WAGAbund

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2022, 06:08:02 pm »
I was also considering making an adjustable stand to hold the camera horizontally so I could slide a board underneath after focusing with the macro lens

Super idea. I would love to do it...

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2022, 07:34:36 pm »

Just finished the dock with Freecad but not printed yet, before I would like to know if it is what you where looking for

Wow, that was fast.  :-+

That is kind of what I was thinking, but as the IR camera is quite top heavy it will maybe be unstable with just a base. In your 3rd picture if you can imagine a piece coming up underneath the front of the camera to support it just underneath the main unit, just infront / above the trigger button.

I think your current design with that addition would be great. If you add the support piece I mention above, you could probably make the base a bit thinner too as it won't need to support so much weight, just kind of gently hold the camera still while the support frame I mention above holds most of the weight.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2022, 10:50:34 am »

Wow, that was fast.  :-+

That is kind of what I was thinking, but as the IR camera is quite top heavy it will maybe be unstable with just a base. In your 3rd picture if you can imagine a piece coming up underneath the front of the camera to support it just underneath the main unit, just infront / above the trigger button.

I think your current design with that addition would be great. If you add the support piece I mention above, you could probably make the base a bit thinner too as it won't need to support so much weight, just kind of gently hold the camera still while the support frame I mention above holds most of the weight.

Hope that makes sense.

OK, this is just a test, I will modify it with your suggestion. I also plan to add a box to store 3 different macro lenses for a quick and easy swap depending of the needed resolution (this involves to modify the lens holder, so it will take more time)

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2022, 11:22:31 am »
Is this one OK? It is still a prototype, I need to add the lens case, screw holes, maybe a wall mount, etc.. Shafts are based on 8mm diameter ballpoint pen bodies for added rigidity and cut to 113.5mm
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 04:46:02 pm by Ratisse »

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2022, 07:40:18 pm »
Yeah, that looks pretty good!

Just 1 thing, is it possible to model the main supports instead of using 8mm ball point pens? I know I don't have any lying around and I'm sure if I went to buy some the only ones I would find would be hexagonal or something other than 8mm, just my kind of luck when it comes to using "generic" items on things like this.

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2022, 08:28:47 am »
Yeah, that looks pretty good!

Just 1 thing, is it possible to model the main supports instead of using 8mm ball point pens? I know I don't have any lying around and I'm sure if I went to buy some the only ones I would find would be hexagonal or something other than 8mm, just my kind of luck when it comes to using "generic" items on things like this.

I preferred to make the support in 3 parts to print it more easily. Anyway, I'll include the STL file for the 8mm rods.

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2022, 08:58:33 am »
Superb, thank you  :-+

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
The dock is available here:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5355447.

Print the rods flat onto the bed with edge. The wall mount and the removable macro lens holder are still in progress

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate the pictures (even if it is possible)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:03:54 am by Ratisse »

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2022, 03:47:49 pm »
That is fantastic! Thank you!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf