Author Topic: My old PCs, Retro home made speech recognition system  (Read 24612 times)

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
Re: My old PCs, Retro home made speech recognition system
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 10:42:53 am »
Connected the IBM's composite output to my trash pick LCD projector.    Ran a few programs like the original Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 before running the 8088MPH demo.   The colors look very impressive.         

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqZCWyjrfY&feature=youtu.be

Whilst you are at it, can you run up a version of XtreeGold.......would love to see that app again....... :)

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline joeqsmithTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:36 pm »
I was using it when I was working on the old AT.   I think they made a lot of these old programs available now for free.   You could fire up DOSBOX and load your copy of XTREE or XTG and really experience DOS all over again.   :-DD

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 02:43:55 am »
My old Televideo TS803 Z80 CPM machine.   They offered this same machine with an 8088 and DOS.   It was pretty high tech and I think it may have even had a hard drive option.  Been too long.    I'll see if I can dig up the disks for it and check it out.   Needs a good cleaning first.

There's your  Xtree Gold manual in all it's glory.   

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:21 am »
Cleaned up the Televideo and checked it out.  Video of it booting up and running the demo, a tank game and WordStar.    I say in the video I have had it for 20 years but I believe it has been almost 25.   It came from where my wife was working at the time.  They were switching out their PCs and scrapped the old ones.  They offered to let me take what I wanted.  I saw this old 803 with the manuals and disks and grabbed it.   It was old back then and I didn't want to see it hauled to the dump.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yLpcpGVpNE&feature=youtu.be

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 03:20:56 am »
Here are a few pictures of a simple DAQ board I wire wrapped for the IBM PC in the 80s.   Some opto-isolators and an 8-bit ADC.   Heatsink is from what would have been a vintage computer even back then.

Interesting enough is there is no bypass at all on this board.  I believe I made this board to life test some large relays. 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 02:58:25 am »
My Thinker Toys Keyed-Up 8080 S-100 computer.  Original box, manuals, picture business card from sales.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf