No Script, No Fear, All Opinion
RSS icon Home icon
  • 2nd LIVE Show

Posted on June 27th, 2010 EEVblog 7 comments

Sorry for the short notice, a last minute decision.
    I’ll be doing another trial live show tomorrow (Monday 28th) 8am Sydney time (+10UTC EST)
    This is the time I have programmed into Ustream, but I heard a few people complain about a timezone goof last time. I think Ustream may actually calculate the time incorrectly, so if you think it’s wrong please do an independent verification for your area!
    Ustream thinks the time will be 06/27/2010 2:00 PM PDT but that is incorrect! according to HERE

So according to TimeAndDate.com:
    Location Local time Time zone
    Sydney (Australia – New South Wales) Monday, 28 June 2010 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+10 hours EST
    Los Angeles (U.S.A. – California) Sunday, 27 June 2010 at 3:00:00 PM UTC-7 hours PDT
    New York (U.S.A. – New York) Sunday, 27 June 2010 at 6:00:00 PM UTC-4 hours EDT
    London (U.K. – England) Sunday, 27 June 2010 at 11:00:00 PM UTC+1 hour BST
    Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 27 June 2010 at 22:00:00

I plan to record the show with my normal HD cam, so the later upload will be good quality. The Live show will use the same crappy webcam as last time. This time though I have a direct Ethernet broadband connection so it should work a lot better.

The show is here:
    Or you can watch/chat via the Live page on eevblog.com

Same format as last time, just a Q&A session based on random chat room questions. So have questions ready, but no tutorial type stuff, they are better suited to a proper blog. Stuff I can rattle short answers/opinions off my head.

Be Sociable, Share!

7 responses to “2nd LIVE Show” RSS icon

• Now, just to be clear… This means 00:00 gmt + 1 (and daylight saving time, +1). That is 00:00 for most European folks. Or a little less then 8 hours after this post was made (same time and day as the previous episode).

I’m having my list of questions ready. Looking forward to the next installment. :)

• Nice! Will be sure to watch it!

Oh and btw poke around in the encoding settings a bit to get nice and low latency, since in the last live show there was quite a delay between the chat and the video stream.(Makes Q/A a bit awkward)

• Make sure your water has a cover on it this time . . . that was hilarious last time. Maybe you can blow something up live on camera (not your wife’s laptop) for us American’s 4th of July celebration. LOL

• G’DAY MATE!! EXCELLENT SHOW!! It went GREAT Again, A BIG THUMBS UP!!
      I’m allready looking forward to the next one.
      Congrats from Argentina! and be careful with those plastic chairs, they’re trying to kill you like that crappy Tweezer Multimeter!!

• Thanks for another great show Dave. Looking forward to the next one now.

• When will this be available for download?