Hi.
So sorry, I have not been paying attention to the project for a while - super busy with work. Hell yeah, you got some nice progress and I'm still interested.
First thing's first - would you like colab to git?
Can anyone confirm if M300 dual, M200+ and OG M200 has same board?
- yes, the kinematics boards change versions and firmware, have ton of small addon boards as you probably noticed, but in general and by pinout M200, M300, M200+ and M300+ have same boards minus non + will not have Allwinner board and will use kinematics processor as main CPU and draw menu on trashy little LCD. taht loses rows after some years.
I have some experience with designing Allwinner boards, I have designed custom A64 board and looked into the product line a bit and, at leas years ago when I worked on that, A33 had zero support for mainline-ish Linux so I kind of dismissed it as viable option.
TBH I do not like the boards, I do not like the routing, I do not like the too few VIAs, too thin traces, weird layout choices all over the place and I do not like very old MCU they chose even for the day. That said - it's capable enough for hte task and I jsut hate the idea of throwing out working hardware jsut cause bytes inside are not the right ones.
The company IMHO was ruined by single person with attitude and self grandizing issues. The whole thing about scraping off the part numbers - you copied the electronics form 10 different printers before - that IS the reason you are afraid someone will copy form you. They should have just went open source, drop prices little bit and and sell rigs as prosumer ready to print with user hacking options.
And they should never have stopped innovate. 3DP is such a living, morphing, expanding, ever changing sector of super wide user base.. As manufacturer you can not take pause for years and expect to still be on top of things. input shaping came. Bamboo came. Adventurer 5M. Multimats. Multiheads. All the new stuff.
Literally nobody cares to copy their boards. I still plan to dump the MCU OG firmware for archival and principal purposes. But nobody will base their build on it. Reverse the z-code maybe.. even then - why?
On cryptochip - did not check FEL regs / fuse array for A33, but A64, if you would use secure boot, you'd burn key to OTP fuses and unless your boot image is encrypted with same key, it will not boot. I don't thing there is a way to boot them at if the key regs have been touched and you do not have hte key. Hindsight of seeing amount of your posts suggests to me that the CPU has not been bootlocked form FEL though. To the next posts then..