Author Topic: Altium charging for training?  (Read 471 times)

Offline FaringdonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Altium charging for training?
« on: July 01, 2023, 11:12:00 am »
Hi, this page says you can get Altium training for £1,045 upwards....

https://www.altium.com/training/altium-designer-essentials

...this seems to be a confession that
1...Altium is overly hard to use
2....Altium does not provide proper free training videos

If someone understands a PCB structure...then why ever would they need to pay Altium to learn how to use Altium?....have they deliberately made Altium too hard for people, so they can get money from training.?
How much money does Altium make from training each year?

All i say is.....Come on KICAD...please knock Altium off the pedestal so we can all  just do our  jobs.
'Perfection' is the enemy of 'perfectly satisfactory'

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Altium charging for training?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 12:53:07 pm »
1. Altium can do some very complex things very easily if set up correctly to do them.
2. They do if you buy a licence, or they did for me.  I was given access to all the training materials and videos for a couple of months.  I downloaded all of them for future reference at the time.  Third-party training is available too, Fedevel seems popular and has some free Altium stuff too. 

Altium also sells training, as do many other companies.  Trained staff are more productive than ones who fumble around inside any software package. They may get there in the end but waste time doing so.  If trained to use something, it's much easier to set everything up at the start of a project than have to repeat steps when things aren't right later on.

People sell KiCad training too, for much the same reasons.

The following users thanked this post: Faringdon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf