Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275678 times)

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2014, 12:48:19 pm »
Hi franky,
kindly let me know if you have some dummy loads- electronic controlled

regards
shailesh

Would a small device like this work? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/franky%27s-sales-thread/msg460979/#msg460979

Or are you looking for a full-featured bench DC-load like one of the Maynuo's?
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline shailesh3t

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »
Franky do you have other models as this one goes only upto 6 volts would like to test power supplies with it, do you have other models lets say upto 30 volts as input and 10 amps as load , else how much is the maynuo?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2014, 01:48:35 pm »
Franky do you have other models as this one goes only upto 6 volts would like to test power supplies with it, do you have other models lets say upto 30 volts as input and 10 amps as load , else how much is the maynuo?

At 30V and 10A you're looking at a 300W load. I don't think any small handheld device would be able to handle that. You will need something like a Maynuo M9712 (I'm using one personally). I've sold a couple of these to my customers for $450 + shipping (which would be about $78 for Mauritius).

Offline shailesh3t

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2014, 01:59:28 pm »
Franky, thanks for info , hmm finally i think i will build  one for instance and will add maynuo to my list.
thanks
st

Offline omgfire

• Regular Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - Kelvin Clips kit
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:14 am »
The kit comes with a pair of good quality gold plated kelvin clips, 4 pieces of 13AWG silicone wires each about 60cm long (2 black + 2 red), a pair of black and red heat shrink tubing, and 2 pairs of banana plugs (choice of either shrouded or unshrouded).

Hi Franky. LCR meters require shielded wires for good performance. Is it possible to get shielded silicone wires?

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2014, 08:29:43 am »
My 257 arrived today. I can see why these leads are so popular!

Have you ever looked into a case that would suit it, Franky?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2014, 08:31:23 am »
Hi Franky. LCR meters require shielded wires for good performance. Is it possible to get shielded silicone wires?

I have yet to find shielded silicone wire. I'll keep an eye on it.

Offline omgfire

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2014, 08:42:18 am »
I have yet to find shielded silicone wire. I'll keep an eye on it.
Thank you. I asked about wires suitable for kelvin clips here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/shielded-cable-for-diy-kelvin-clips-for-de-5000-lcr-meter/

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - UT61E
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:07 am »
I currently have 2 sets of Uni-T UT61E available for sale. As many of you know I used to stock these but not anymore. I got these 2 sets while custom ordering one for another customer (just so I can lower the average shipping cost). Price is $51 for the USA and $53 for everywhere else, shipping with tracking number included. Please post here or PM me if interested. First come first serve.

The 2 units are now sold.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

Frankie has a standard meter case that fits most meters quite well. They are very nice, and quite well priced. I bought a few off him for my meters and they are pretty good, even if I rarely use the cases but have the meters just on the worktop most of the time.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »

Sorry I didn't see your question until SeanB's post.

You can try this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171047385726

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2014, 01:15:58 am »
Hey Franky, any update on finding some decent Kelvin leads? Now that I have a better quality meter (I traded some stuff I had laying around for a 34401A) I am looking a bit more intently. Cheers mate!

OK, here's what I've got. It's a kit, so you will need to do some soldering and heat shrinking. Which may be more work, but you get to control the quality of the soldering and assembly work. You can also customise the length of the wires.

The kit comes with a pair of good quality gold plated kelvin clips, 4 pieces of 13AWG silicone wires each about 60cm long (2 black + 2 red), a pair of black and red heat shrink tubing, and 2 pairs of banana plugs (choice of either shrouded or unshrouded).

Price on the forum would be $19 per set worldwide shipping included (without tracking). Tracking would be an additional $2.4.

I'm not against this, I just worry about easy soldering to the large thermal mass of those clips. I like the large AWG wire. I have a hakko FX888D.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:36 am »
I'm not against this, I just worry about easy soldering to the large thermal mass of those clips. I like the large AWG wire. I have a hakko FX888D.

I'm going to assemble a set myself and will let you know how that goes. May not be today though as Dave's latest mailbag video has helped promote my store and am going to be very busy packing today!!

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2014, 04:03:07 am »
... as Dave's latest mailbag video has helped promote my store and am going to be very busy packing today!!

Glad to hear that !  :clap:

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2014, 04:05:54 am »
Nice.

Offline covictor

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2014, 04:34:32 am »
Ha!  That's great.  Finding dad's engraved Fluke 8060A is what led me to the blog, and the purchase.  Too cool.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2014, 04:55:52 am »

I'm going to assemble a set myself and will let you know how that goes. May not be today though as Dave's latest mailbag video has helped promote my store and am going to be very busy packing today!!

Fully understand. Enjoy the new customers, hopefully the bump is large and at least partly sustained. Once you get a chance, just let me know!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2014, 05:17:39 am »
Get a secretary, Franky! ;)

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »

I got a set from Franky recently. The soldering of the wires to the clips wasn't too difficult. I tried to be creative and soldered the wires underneath the rubber band, out of sight, for a clean look. Works fine so far.

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2014, 12:21:08 pm »

Sorry I didn't see your question until SeanB's post.

You can try this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171047385726
Ah, I didn’t click on it because it mentions other models in the title and I assumed the size was off. But it does look like it would be appropriate. You wouldn’t happen to have a photo lying around of it with the 257 inside, would you?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:54 pm »
Ah, I didn’t click on it because it mentions other models in the title and I assumed the size was off. But it does look like it would be appropriate. You wouldn’t happen to have a photo lying around of it with the 257 inside, would you?

I have an older version of the carrying case here at home (which my son has taken over and is using it as a pencil case!). The materials used for the lining and the strap etc are a bit different but the size is almost the same. Here's a picture of it with the BM-257 and its leads.

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2014, 05:25:10 am »
That looks fine. I’ll send you a PM.

Offline Flump

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2014, 06:38:37 am »
Franky can you get Desoldering Irons/Machines  ?
there is not much variety in the UK
only 3/4 I can find that dont need a bank load to purchase.

Offline Maxlor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:16 pm »
A shipment from Franky arrived today. Ordered on the 30th, shipped on the 31th, arrived on the 8th. That's very fast for free shipping from .hk to .ch, thanks.

A question for Franky: can I pick up some items from you in person? I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong in the fall, and when carrying stuff myself, Switzerland's tax free limit is much higher (approx. $330) than when sending items by postal service (approx. $71.)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »
Franky can you get Desoldering Irons/Machines  ?
there is not much variety in the UK
only 3/4 I can find that dont need a bank load to purchase.

I have one like this (not my store): http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC220V-100W-Electric-Desoldering-Gun-Vacuum-Pump-Solder-Sucker-S-997P-350-450-/360517867938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f08a19a2

It does the job but I'm not totally happy with the tip as it doesn't wet the solder very well, i.e. the solder doesn't seem to stick on the tip. I've tried replacement tips but they are just the same. I've since purchased a Hakko 808 at almost 3 times the price, but works better.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf