Author Topic: wtb: Delock-95000, miniPCIe-sATA-quadport-HBA (want to buy/where to buy)  (Read 3535 times)

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
hi
this is a want to buy/(suggest)where to buy request.
I am not able to find a DeLock-95000 from { eBay, Amazon, ePrice, ... } as "product no more available".

On the DeLock website they invite you to look for resellers, the 13 Europeans shops (suggested by Delock itself) I asked told me they didn't have the product in stock and couldn't order it.

The 95000 is based on the MARVELL-88SE9215 chip, offering a SFF-8087 (quad sATA) interface.

I know "KALEA-INFORMATIQUE" (France based) offers a "similar" HBA, however ... I'm not sure if it's the same quality, and I've read several customers complaints to which KALEA-INFORMATIQUE responded "for 50 euro + S/H don't expect the same build quality as DeLock".

Well, I can pay it more than 50 euro, it's not a metter of money, it's a vital component for the final purpose I need it for, so I'd like to avoid nasty surprises.

~ ~ ~ ~

This is not a topic where I don't just ask if anyone on the forum has one for sale, but where I also ask for suggestions on "where to buy", and I specified that I don't want to buy anything other than DeLock.

Thanks  :)

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
you have this one  ?
Mini pci-e to 4x sata  instead,   unless you deal   with caddy's  / hdd cage ?  is that it ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404808610689?

AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009469874.html

they are based on the MARVELL-88SE9215  on some link

if you are that picky on your answer(s) and suggestions as your video card thread,  i think you should not come here ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:39:50 pm by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: alm

• Super Contributor
if you are that picky on your answer(s) and suggestions as your video card thread,  i think you should not come here ?

ok, enjoy my ignore list.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

• Super Contributor
Above I put the link to the product, where there are also the datasheets, I also put a photo so it's even clearer

(DeLock-95000)

I explicitly asked for the product made by DeLock, I don't want to buy clones of dubious quality, and I seem to have written it very clearly.
If it wasn't clear, I'll say it again
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:00:39 pm by DiTBho »

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
Looking at the board images, LinkReal LRST8615-4IT (.com.cn) seems an exact duplicate or OEM of Delock 95000, including components and silkscreening.
(I believe suspect OEM, as Delock lists the origin of 95000 as China.)

Considering the price including shipping, and Delock 95000 being unobtainium, you might consider ordering a LinkReal one from LinkReal's AliExpress store.

Delock 95000 EAN is 4043619950003, and doing a web search on that indicates Egloss.at might have one (for 70€+).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 02:13:42 pm by Nominal Animal »

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Online alm

• Super Contributor
I doubt it's actually designed by Delock (note the lack of any Delock branding). So LinkReal might well be the OEM. Note that coromonadalix already posted a link to the same item in their post that was apparently worth adding them to an ignore list for :-DD

Given AliExpress good customer service and the low price, I'd say it's worth ordering it, testing it and returning if it doesn't perform. I find the easiest place to get simple legacy hardware like PCIe to RS-232 cards or PCI SATA cards these days is AliExpress since computer shops generally don't carry such items anymore and Startech is generally too expensive for me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:41:37 pm by alm »

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
If you're not tied to the vid / pid of the card, any MARVELL-88SE9215  based card will work ??

• Super Contributor
Note that coromonadalix already posted a link to the same item in their post that was apparently worth adding them to an ignore list for

I put that annoying guy on the ignore list for his attitude, not the links. when he posts links he never reads what I write and responds to me as if I were a total retard who doesn't know how to use Google, indeed in the past I had specifically asked for a stock of qty>=8 wifi cards in stock (in stock = from the same seller), and he sent me 10 different links of sellers who had 1 card each. He never reads the requests, he just wastes my time and then, even worse, he becomes touchy and annoys me with every new topic

Frankly, I'm sick of people like this, not to mention guys with ZERO public post contacting you privately saying "I have what you're looking for, send me PayPal money via Friends and Family", which is actually a scam attempt.

• Super Contributor
Given AliExpress good customer service and the low price, I'd say it's worth ordering it, testing it and returning if it doesn't perform.

well, some time ago I bought a SAS controller on Aliexpress because "cheaper, let's try it, test it, if you're not satisfied, return it", the same policy that Amazon uses.

However, I received some cards that "apparently" worked well, and so I kept them. Maybe (for sure) I tested them very superficially, however, after 1 month they showed big problems with the connectors, and, worse still, they corrupted my data.

No problem, I always have backups and various mechanisms to protect my data, but it was annoying because when dismantling them, I noticed that the heatsink had glued instead of supported with screws on the sides. I had to disassemble it to try to desolder and change the connector. Nothing to do, in the end I threw everything away as "garbage", and bought it again.

So yes, as "plan-B", I can also try this "try, test, keep|return" method, and better inspect and test them longer and more intensely.

• Super Contributor
Startech is generally too expensive for me.

I forgot about an episode, in which I noticed the difference between searching for cards that use a certain chip, and buying cards covered by a serious brand

and ironically it also applies to some Allwinner SoCs: you can find hardware that mounts exactly the chip you are looking for, but ... either the quality of the capacitors, the PCB, or the connectors is significantly lower, or, as in the Neo case , you buy chips that have been (should been) discarded because they were affected by hw bugs

in my case, Allwinner has released some ARM32 bit SoCs that integrate a buggy OpenRISC MPU (100% fixed in A64 chips), and this MPU can not only access all the memory of the ARM32 CPU, but if enabled it is responsible for the entire thermal control

If you look through the topics here on the forum, you will find one where my SoC burned out, in hindsight I can tell you that the problem was: I bought a board with a buggy MPU, coupled with bad capacitors(1), which is why I paid little for it, and note, once again, I noticed the defect not immediately, but after a very heavy burn-in test!

(1) this caused periodic corruptions of the file system, which happens on two SBCs, and the cause was a series of poor quality capacitors.
once replaced, problem solved. I then also purchased the same NEO SBCs from serious sellers, and the problem never arose
Just, I'll let you imagine how many hours I wasted thinking that the problem was instead in the Linux kernel.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
i'll put you on my ignore list

Your video card thread as left some of us  ....   you seems to have lowered your tone,  i'll do it too,   as mentioned you are on a public forum ...  don't like it  go away

Good luck on your searches  who seem very problematic and very specific, and you don't give all the details BTW

YOU can also write   ID VID specific  FreeNAS NAS for free, Windows Server  etc ...

I helped many people and i've been helped too here

And your : I put that annoying guy on the ignore list for his attitude, not the links. when he posts links he never reads what I write and responds to me as if I were a total retard who doesn't know how to use Google, indeed in the past I had specifically asked for a stock of qty>=8 wifi cards in stock (in stock = from the same seller), and he sent me 10 different links of sellers who had 1 card each. He never reads the requests, he just wastes my time and then, even worse, he becomes touchy and annoys me with every new topic

Frankly, I'm sick of people like this, not to mention guys with ZERO public post contacting you privately saying "I have what you're looking for, send me PayPal money via Friends and Family", which is actually a scam attempt.

I'm sick of your attitude too  MAN,  Mostly the way you speak or rant about people or the way you receive your answers, I did in my case read your thread, and you where also scammed, me too and others too ... in PM mails    happened in the past and will happen again,  and you rant about it in a second thread ...

BE POLITE    i'll be too   Don't pick on me or anyone,  i don't pick on you ....

thks

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 11:17:00 am by coromonadalix »

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
If you find each other so aggravating you cannot interact in a mutually beneficial way, just ignore each other.

And remember, you do not know each other: all you know is the other's written output.  It is a very narrow-bandwidth communications method compared to face-to-face and voice, with estimates ranging up to 90% of cues and subtext in face-to-face communication being nonverbal.  This is also something everyone can work on, without it being anything personal: we do not simply "express" ourselves here, we are trying to convey information, questions, answers, so adjusting the output formatting to ensure mutually beneficial communications is the rational thing to do here.

When one feels one needs to voice out ones opinion/view/experience on someone elses output, just venting is not useful.  What would be useful, would be to point out exactly what it is that hinders communication the most; preferably in a format that helps others understand the issue, and compensate if possible.

I wrote the why writing style and grammar matters in the Beginner forum (now sticky), because it makes a huge difference.  One benefits the most from understanding widely different viewpoints, which is what makes communicating contrary views, and most importantly the reasons and basis for those views, so extremely useful.  It is not about "being polite" or "being professional"; fuck that.  It is about getting the maximum mutual benefit out of technical discussions.

• Super Contributor
If you find each other so aggravating you cannot interact in a mutually beneficial way, just ignore each other.

Sure, I have never had problems in the markets of other forums, unfortunately smaller ones. but I don't even have to justify why I ask on EEVBlog too!
And no one has even ever asked him anything, it's a public forum, if I open a topic in which users might be expressly interested in knowing if the hardware they are willing to sell, or you are willing to sell it and reply/contact in orivate, or you move on with other stuff.

If I open a topic in which users might be expressly interested in knowing if someone is looking for some hardware they are willing to sell
  • A) or you are one of those who are willing to sell it and reply in public/contact in private
  • B) or you are not, and you move on with other stuff
A | B are mutually exclusive, unless you ask otherwise.

It really annoys me when people insist on "wanting to help you", and do nothing but throw random links, without understanding what you are looking for, or why you opened a topic, or even worse, they even tell you "then go and look elsewhere instead ".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 04:21:14 am by DiTBho »

• Super Contributor
Startech is generally too expensive for me.

I had a short private discussion in a retrocomputing forum, where they found my friends and I some hw that we need.
(Apple PowerMacs related)

We discussed some pATA<->sATA adapters, brands, cheap Chinese clones, etc

And came out that is, Startech adapters are the best ever, certainly more expensive, but they offer the certainty of working on any computer without unpleasant surprises, which however "must be verified" from time to time with other solutions.

So in the end... I don't know, but as far as my group is concerned we see it like this: the extra money they cost is repaid by the time they save  :-//

• Super Contributor
When I open one of these topics, and indicate a potential seller (KALEA), I perhaps expect a comment from someone who knows them and gives me feedback.

I know "Kalea-Informatique" (France based) offers a "similar" HBA, however ... I'm not sure if it's the same quality, and I've read several customers complaints to which Kalea-Informatique responded "for 50 euro + S/H don't expect the same build quality as DeLock".

From what I understand, by investigating myself them a little, "Kalea-Informatique" is based in Provence (France) and works only by correspondence. It was created at the beginning of 2006, and is a registered trademark (INPI, 19 4 597 167) of electronic components owned by the COMPOTRADE company which is their only reseller.

So, they sell both on eBay and have been partners with Amazon since their entry into France in 2007, but the interesting thing is that their suppliers are not resellers, but the manufacturers of the products, so in some way there is actually quality control.

• Super Contributor
Delock 95000 EAN is 4043619950003, and doing a web search on that indicates egloss might have one.

They replied that they don't know if and when the product will be available.
Sounds likely "never again", like on Amazon.

I bought two modules
  • LinkReal LRST8615-4IT, from Aliexpress
  • Kalea-Informatique, from Amazon
so I can compare them!

the chips are the same, the severity of the quality control of the PCB and the rest remains to be seen.
We will see.

Ok, I'll end it here, it will took in a couple of weeks at least, if anyone is interested in the matter, feel free to contact me privately, and I'll tell what I think after having tested them thoroughly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf