Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1444730 times)

Offline Fir3Chi3f

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:02 am »
Hello! I am an Eastern Illinois University student and currently majoring in Philosophy and Computer Science. I found Dave's blog when my ex girlfriend asked me to fix her kindle and I looked up a video to open the darn thing. Turns out it was still under warranty and I didn't have to open it, but I've been going through almost all of his videos since. What got me hooked was the knowledge of each component and how they were all assembled.

Offline The_Penguin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »
Hi all. I'm a Canadian computer geek by trade, but have been into electronics for (counting.....) 37 years!

I don't do much if any design work, and my circuit analysis knowledge is crap, but I'm a damn good solderer and am pretty good at component level repairs :)
I *have* made my own PCBs (toner transfer method)

Came here from a link in a repair forum about DMMs, and am hooked on Dave's videos.
Love 'em!  Keep 'em coming!
On my (messy) bench: Hitachi V-212 Scope, Fluke 77 DMM, Old Radio Shack DMM, older Radio Shack Analog MM, no-name Chinese variable supply, home-made curve tracer, ESR meter, home made 5V supply, home made 12v supply, crappy home-made function generator (Exar 2206 based I think). A 30 year old Weller WTCP station, and a Hakko 936.
I've always had a bit of a mental block with AC theory and ground loops etc. so even though I'm an old-timer, expect some n00b questions in the beginner forum :)

Offline willb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #452 on: November 29, 2011, 03:47:40 pm »
Hello fellow EEV users!

I'm Will, 23, and I am located in Canada (Halifax, NS). I work in avionics and play with electronics on my own time at home. They say a picture is worth a thousand words... Here is my lab in my basement.

-Will

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:20 pm »
I like the way the snowboard is on the wall, ready for action.
iratus parum formica

Offline electronSpin

« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2011, 07:40:27 pm »
Hi Everyone

I'm Pete, I have a background in physics and currently working in the NMR field of science.  My main interests lie in microcontrollers, and I hope to get into FGPAs at a later date. 

Have a great day everyone!

pete

Offline y33t

• Contributor
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2011, 06:06:19 pm »
Hi all,

I am Yigit, writing from Istanbul/ Turkey. Bachelor in electrical & electronics engineering with a master of science in physics going towards a phd (like it worths something lol).  I am interested in a variety of things  from subatomic behavior to cosmic structure and everything between. Also, of course, hot women!  :)  I am not prententious or anything (except the women) I consider myself a guy who just likes to learn stuff. I will do my best to contribute to this platform and share what I got.

I accidentally discovered this place and it's a shame that I didn't do it earlier. Anyway, I rise my glass to everyone, cheers!

Offline ee851

• Regular Contributor
  • carbon-based caveman
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »
Hi everyone

My name is Allan.   I am  an unemployed electronics and embedded software engineer in the USA.    I have both mechanical and electrical engineering degrees from university.
I just signed up to play nice with all my fellow nerds here.
I am also interested in science-related stuff like physics, chemistry, semiconductor physics, signal processing, both analog and digital, astronomy, and science in general.    I am a linux user.   I am also a ham.

Offline Ellis64

• Matlab,Java,simulation,measurements {passion}
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2011, 02:50:40 pm »
Hi everyone,
I am Ellis from Athens/Greece and I work as an electrical/electronic engineer in a company based in MI FL USA but the actual work scene is mostly out of US. I have also apart from my real work, electronics as hobby too. I have interests in many fields of electrical engineering as embedded electronics, power electronics & automation, some RF and off course circuit design.
I will be very happy to share ideas and experience with people with same interests.
I wish all the best to all mates in the community (this one and globally).
I'm fighting, so I exist. Help the people who want to be helped!

Offline Andy E

« Reply #458 on: December 05, 2011, 06:58:43 am »
Hi dear all, i am Andy E. and come from China. i am working as a sales engineer for pcb &pcb assembly& housing. i wish share THE  newest tech inofrmation here. and meet more freinds. wish all the best to u all. :)

Offline steff

• Contributor
« Reply #459 on: December 06, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »
Hi, I'm Steff, a systems administrator (Linux, mostly, with occasional forays into BSD and Solaris) originally from Cambridge but living and working in sunny East London.

More of a software guy, as yet, but slowly rediscovering an interest in electronics first kindled by a Merit kit when I was a kid (built the usual AM radio receiver). Came for the kit reviews (bought an Agilent meter on Dave's recommendation a year or so ago and found it a delightful change from off-brand cheapies I'd had before) but have found myself more and more interested in designing and building my own circuits.

Particularly interested in synth/audio DIY (which I lack the electronics chops to do, as yet) and UAVs.

Offline The_Penguin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #460 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »
Hello fellow EEV users!

. They say a picture is worth a thousand words... Here is my lab in my basement.

Nice bench!  Gotta ask, is that a rubber duck on your desoldering station? Or is there a HT in behind there? :)

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #461 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:47 pm »
Hi I'm Andrew, long time forum lurker first time poster.

I have a Diploma in Robotics and Automation and am currently finishing up my Bachelor's degree in electronics at night school. During the day I work at a company that makes controllers for building automation doing electronics hardware testing. I don't get to do much design at work just mostly test other peoples designs.

I'm interested in analog and digital electronics although mostly have experience in digital electronics. I would like to learn more about FPGA and CPLD programming and maybe doing some projects with those. Currently I am working on my final project for my degree which is a quadcopter, the hardware is basically done its just a matter of getting the software working properly.

Offline electrickery74

« Reply #462 on: December 14, 2011, 02:04:32 am »
well.i am michael from adelaide australia and i have nooo qaulifications or dergees in anything electrical.just a strong interest in mainly higher voltage electronics like marx generators hv multipliers, transformers which i built and planed to run a tesla coil  with. but i dont have the smarts for the coil side of things so i shelved that idea.and yes it all started with nans old black and white tv that i salvaged .but as of recent i have become interested in power mosfets, thyristors,sidacs and igbt modules after years of gathering them.so i realy am liking the idea of induction heating .now after aquiring a scope,a bwd mini lab a pulse gen and  a shed full of goodies its time to learn some basics lol. any hoot thats me.
note to self,remember to discharge the caps next time.

Offline electrickery74

« Reply #463 on: December 14, 2011, 02:47:17 am »
mmm knew i forgot to post something.my variable voltage, variable frequency marx generator.nothing special but worth a looksie.                 
note to self,remember to discharge the caps next time.

Offline 12AX7

« Reply #464 on: December 16, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »
My name is Paul from Quebec (Canada), hobbyist, getting into Arduinos and such.

Offline RCD

« Reply #465 on: December 18, 2011, 01:54:54 am »
Hi.  My name is Luke.  I am an engineer who owns my own product design company in California. The EEVBlog is a near addiction.  Great fun.  Great learning!  I love it!

Offline ElectroElvis

• Regular Contributor
  • http://electroelvis.com/
    • ElectroElvisBlog
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2011, 11:16:48 pm »
Hello, i am Elvis orignialy from Slovenia but i moved to Austira this year. I love electronics it was always my favourite thing. I couldnt afford anythgin by now. I am starting from "strach" as gear related and i am willing to learn and ask a lot of question.

Currently i am slowvly reading book The Art of Electronics 2nd edition.
Slowly i will buy essential gear and hopefully realize my concepts that i drew in my secret notebook:D

OH and i have no previous school knowladge or anything about this :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:19:49 pm by Elvis O. »

Offline altech6983

« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:07 am »
Hi I am Albert, I have lurked the forums for a while now and finally got around to signing up. I'm a student at Texas A&M. I love electronics and have been fooling with them since an early age as my dad was a repair technician.

Well back to lurking :D

Offline Greg J

• Regular Contributor
  • Hi there
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2011, 12:42:24 am »
Hi,My name is Greg (doh), and I found out about EEV blog just before xmas. And I'm hooked. David is a great guy (at least on video ;) )
I think I've watched pretty much all episodes by now, (something like 700GB of data for the past 2 weeks - got 50mpbs connection at home).

Anyways, I'm a principal software engineer by day at medium firm here in Belfast. I do all sorts of things in the evening, including electronics. I like to stick to analog electronics if possible (software is too easy ;)).
Anyway, if you're in the area - give us a shout, there seems to be little going on in NI in terms of electronics etc (especially robotics).

--
Take It EV

Offline paf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #469 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:31 am »
Hello.
  I am Paulo (paf), from Portugal.  No koalas or kangaroos here, but we have eucalyptus!
  Like to play with micros and electronics.

Offline Cognito

• Love science
« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »
Hello!
My name is Martin and live in southern Norway. I have always been interrested in electronics and experiments of different kind, and finds Dave's blog very interesting, good work Dave ;)  In my spare time I currently work with the Arduino microcontroller and a Rover robot. I'm still in 10th grade (so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes), but get some money to run my little lab from repairing Iphones and Ipods. 

Happy New year!
If you think you got it, you're probably wrong

Offline grant1842

« Reply #471 on: December 31, 2011, 03:45:28 pm »
Hello all .
My name is Grant I work in the automobile collision industry.
I repair Computers(laptops, Desktops,etc) . I do PCB level repair on Computers. LCD TV, Monitors in my spare time.

I just got an Arduino UNO r3 and having fun learning how to use it.

Offline victorf

« Reply #472 on: January 01, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »
Vic Fraenckel from upstate New York, USA. I run a tiny company (one man) that produced instrumentation mainly for hot air and gas ballooning. The instruments are controlled by embedded micros. I am the chief cook and bottle washer and do all electronic design and assembly and create all the software. I don't think I will ever get rich doing this but then I am over 70 years old and don't really expect to.

Offline PA3BNX

• Regular Contributor
  • Trying to learn better programming and designing !
« Reply #473 on: January 01, 2012, 08:47:57 pm »
Hello everybody,

I live in the center of the Netherlands.

I am unemployed but do a lot of programming in Visual Studio.

with my SuperSimpleSoundDopplers.

(It's a VHF DSP Radio Direction Finder working on the soundcard of a PC).

See our radio clubsite on:

http://www.pi4wag.nl/index.php/pseudo-doppler-radio-direction-finder

I do have a lot of building and reparing experience in electronics.

I did give some ham radio cources with much succes in the recent past.

I am working now on a HF Direction Finder with two magloops 90 degrees crossed

Also readout on the PC with the soundcard

My goal is to write better VisualBasic and C# programs

And do nice things for the radio community here in the Netherlands.

I like to design, try and upgrade simple interfaces with the PC.

I did also write a lot of stepper motor software for very simple LPT port Hardware.

So I think this is a nice forum.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:51:45 pm by PA3BNX »
Greetings,

Lodewijk

Credo:

Home brew projects:
Build/Design  with minimum hardware
and maximal software.

Offline Yael

• Contributor
« Reply #474 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »
Hello, I'm Yael. I'm from Canada.

I have always had a huge interest in electronics and I am considering going back to school for an Engineering degree. I am 23 and at the moment have a couple of liberal arts degrees and am just finishing up a fine arts degree in photography but engineering is my passion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf