Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 350227 times)

radzeck and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1975 on: March 21, 2024, 08:35:31 am »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1976 on: March 28, 2024, 01:21:24 pm »
2087672-0
"What?  Why no amazon man come with my food hooman?"
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, xrunner, BU508A, Nominal Animal

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1977 on: March 28, 2024, 09:03:49 pm »
No photo, but....  a shout out to my cat for her kindness and mammalian understanding, acceptance and support.

People far more superstitious than I say that animals "understand us".  I feel it is partly true and I think so do cats.

We share a mammalian brain.  We share stress responses.  We share our amygdala.  We share those indicators.

Angel's response to this was ... on several occasions well before I noticed I was stressing out, was to present herself for attention.   Forcefully.  I moved keyboards out of the way, I moved laptops to give her space on the desk, but no.  That was not what she wanted.  She wanted me to pay attention to her.  "You look sad hooman.  You don't look sad when you play with me.  Play with me hooman, I want happy hooman."

She doesn't take no for an answer.

Whlie cats can be detremental to your mental health on in many ways, if you are stressed enough that a cat can pick up your mammilian hormones and indicators, they can be so... supportive.

They can also be extremely aggressive with their affection. 

A dog will always do this.

A cat.  You earn it.  You should feel proud, rewarded and happy.  Cat's know this.

Dumb as planks, but oddly right about so, so many things.  This is why we love out cats.  No?

EDIT: If the cat "shits a brick" and legs it, I pay attention.  Usually it's the window cleaner, but I trust her it's not nothing.  I just hate it when she looks over my shoulder at something that isn't there.  There are not ghosts and there is nothing on my shoulder or behind me!  I think she does it deliberately.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 09:11:04 pm by paulca »
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ

Offline woody

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1978 on: March 29, 2024, 10:58:18 am »
I just hate it when she looks over my shoulder at something that isn't there.  There are not ghosts and there is nothing on my shoulder or behind me!
Are you sure? I'm not a believer in other dimensions but every one of my three cats exhibit this behavior regularly.  You would swear they see something where I see nothing special. Then another thing is that every now and then, while searching thoroughly, I fail to find a cat, only for it to appear a moment later with a face like: what? Probably just back from a fold in the Space-time continuum that they can see but I can't.

Offline Fryguy

• Regular Contributor
Born error amplifier  >.<

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1980 on: April 02, 2024, 07:46:53 am »

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #1981 on: April 02, 2024, 01:06:11 pm »
Whlie cats can be detremental to your mental health on in many ways, if you are stressed enough that a cat can pick up your mammilian hormones and indicators, they can be so... supportive.
That's exactly why I like to let cats and dogs sniff the inside of my bare forearm.  As it is normally covered by clothing, it tends to have less external scents on it.  When a human has body language, scent, and tone of voice all in sync, cats and dogs seem to understand, and tend to relax.  I like to try and strive for this.  (It's also why I like to tell people to give their cats and dogs their old shirts or towels for comfort.  Some dogs really like the scent of feet, thus socks.)

I just hate it when she looks over my shoulder at something that isn't there.
Their vision extends to the ultraviolet compared to humans, so there easily can be a mark on the wall that catches their attention, but isn't visible to us humans.

As to doing it on purpose: absolutely!

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1982 on: April 02, 2024, 02:04:25 pm »
I got stuck on the first line. I had 9 + 9 + 9 = 27 not 30 ... wha? Something is very wrong here!  :-DD

Source:
https://youtu.be/6q94LBz6kLI

= 60   :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1983 on: April 02, 2024, 03:26:39 pm »
Boomer on the hunt at the park.

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, OZ1LQB, xrunner, Mr.B, BU508A, Miyuki, Nominal Animal, eutectique, pqass, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline Sredni

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1984 on: April 04, 2024, 01:53:50 am »
Wow, beautiful cat and beautiful picture. Pity the leash is visible, but still...
All instruments lie. Usually on the bench.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1985 on: April 04, 2024, 03:14:58 am »
Wow, beautiful cat and beautiful picture. Pity the leash is visible, but still...

Boomer agrees! I don't think he is a fan of the leash but since we've used it starting when he was 3 months old it is all he knows and doesn't slow him down. He loves his trips to the park and still gets to climb trees, cross creeks etc. And 95% of the time knows to retrace his path to get back to us.
VE7FM

Offline CalibrationGuy

• Contributor
« Reply #1986 on: April 04, 2024, 05:30:17 am »
Miss Kitty:

Feisty red female tabby!

TomG.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, xrunner, Mr.B, BU508A, paulca, Nominal Animal, pqass, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1987 on: April 04, 2024, 02:01:31 pm »
Found some stray/abandoned kittens on the driveway. Around 3 weeks old.
Had to bottle feed them for a week or so.
Very friendly, the other kittens I've rescued around here have all been older and harder to tame.
But these ones were young enough to be tame from day 1.

Grey one is the cutest.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 02:04:42 pm by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline Sredni

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1988 on: April 04, 2024, 05:36:44 pm »
This is Winston.

All instruments lie. Usually on the bench.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tom66, xrunner, Mr.B, nfmax, BU508A, Nominal Animal, eutectique, pqass, Zoli, rogerggbr, pcprogrammer

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1989 on: April 08, 2024, 10:16:41 am »
The Minx diaries

Sorry, it's been a while since I checked in but as some things seem to have changed I thought I'd better bring you up to date.
Daddy had been rushing around getting this weird bag called a pack sorted and stuffing all manner of hunting gear into it....and I don't like guns.  :scared:
Then he was gone, and for days then next I know so was mom  :o and I had to suffer that grandma staying each night to feed my dog Fly and of course yours truly also.
Trouble was that Fly was gone everyday too and I had no one to torment but came up with a cunning plan make myself scarce and to wait until the lights went out then yowl loudly at the door to be let in for dinner.  >:D

I got them reasonably well trained to not know when I would grace them with my company so to have that grandma and Fly on edge wondering where I was. Tucker was always in my bowl and that's all that mattered.  ^-^

It seemed today that grandma and pa had a visitor as I heard my dog Fly announce their arrival and as little was happening around here I thought I'd go for the 200m walk to check things out where my dog Fly was seemingly spending her days.
After sneaking there they came home on that 4 wheel horse with Fly and upon hearing that grandma's voice I thought it was best to announce my presence.
Oh did they make a fuss however I was more focussed on chasing my dog Fly and didn't notice that grandma pop inside and return with a plate filled with a delightful treat.

Tin of Tuna I heard them mention as I scoffed it down and cleaned the plate like never before. Yum !

Then before I knew it I was lured out the rear garden gate and back towards home but now with a full belly requiring a rest halfway home and a belly stroke from that grandad, rewarded with a purr.
Soon we were back at the sheds very near home after a short interlude while my dog Fly had another of her swims in a cattle water trough.  ::)

As it was too early to disturb that grandma's rest I waltzed straight inside when that grandad opened the door and directly to the tucker bowl to check if there was any decent offerings and low and behold a sachet of fish bits in jelly appeared so I tucked into that too to wash down the taste of that stuff they called Tuna.
I can feel a very contented snooze coming on....

Later all.
Minx
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 10:22:25 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, OZ1LQB, PA0PBZ, xrunner, Mr.B, TheSteve, BU508A, Nominal Animal, eutectique, pqass, pcprogrammer

Offline jipihorn

• Contributor
    • jipihorn blog
« Reply #1990 on: April 08, 2024, 11:25:03 am »
Behold my trusty Zener :

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Pay attention to the cathode mark at his tail.

Unfortunately, he lost his tail in a car accident...

Jerome.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:28:19 am by jipihorn »

Offline EC8010

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1991 on: April 09, 2024, 06:13:21 pm »
First up is a cat called Cathode; she emitted cries all the way home in the car from the cat sanctuary. Note the strategic positioning to absorb as much heat as she can take from a pair of hot output valves. Next up is her sister Anode - a very intelligent cat who lasted almost seventeen years. Next, they're asleep together as kittens. Next was when they arrived, very nervous and frightened. Finally is Guiness, who liked the sound cardboard made as it was bitten through. Sadly, she was run over when quite young, so we buried her in that box.

I don't have a picture of my present cat (Heidi), despite her being a Technocat and allowed in the lab, where she likes to walk over keyboards and rotate the screen by 90 degrees (done it three times so far). Her daughter Binx is a good hunter and as a kitten could leap five foot vertically to snatch a bird from the bird feeder. We extended the feeder another foot and she couldn't quite reach. Since then, Binx has dragged three pigeons through the cat flap, two alive and unhappy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:15:50 pm by EC8010 »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, nctnico, xrunner, Mr.B, BU508A, Nominal Animal, eutectique, pqass, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1992 on: April 18, 2024, 04:48:08 pm »
Boomer scans the Flora for some Fauna during a weekend park trip.

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: tom66, OZ1LQB, PA0PBZ, xrunner, tautech, Mr.B, BU508A, Miyuki, Nominal Animal, Zoli

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1993 on: April 18, 2024, 07:24:50 pm »
That pic looks almost primordial.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: TheSteve

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1994 on: April 18, 2024, 07:50:36 pm »
That pic looks almost primordial.

We are very lucky to have an amazing area a 2 minute drive from home. There is a nice creek and a full path that people walk and bike. We usually go down the path for a bit and then move off into the bush a little more where Boomer can have more fun and it is close to private. He really likes to cross the creek. The colors and look of the area are even better in person.
VE7FM

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1995 on: April 19, 2024, 04:33:53 pm »
A lesser trained eye (than a human) would not see that at all.  Not even it was facing them and listening to their last breath for 10 ft away.

The following users thanked this post: TheSteve

Offline EC8010

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1996 on: April 20, 2024, 06:18:08 pm »
That is one handsome and beautifully camouflaged cat.  8)

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1998 on: Yesterday at 03:45:01 pm »
One of several wild cats in a park in Taipei. I had to take the picture from a distance because they are easely scared. I had a short chat with the lady feeding these cats (she had noticed me taking a picture  ;D ). According to her there is one cat in the park who allows it to be petted / played with (and she showed me a video).

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:47:52 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, TheSteve, BU508A, Nominal Animal

Online NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1999 on: Today at 09:39:36 pm »
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf