Poll

What irritates you the most?

Sticky/Fixed: Headers/Nav Toolbars and Widgets
3 (4.8%)
Dimming overlays
1 (1.6%)
Excessive fake loading spinners/animations
1 (1.6%)
Animated skeleton placeholders & shimmers (FLASHING & CPU HOGGER/slows page load via gradient cycling)
0 (0%)
Chat bots
6 (9.7%)
Autoplay sound and video
6 (9.7%)
Gradients over video, pictures and thumbnails
0 (0%)
Flash/fade/dimming transition elements on page load
0 (0%)
ALL OF THE ABOVE and BELOW (except the last two options)
21 (33.9%)
Page view manipulation: Content jumping/page shift/shrink or expand.
4 (6.5%)
Interference such as Scrolljacking and Clickjacking
2 (3.2%)
Website set to hide contents based on useragent or other
1 (1.6%)
Websites set to discriminate based on country
0 (0%)
Cookie notices
5 (8.1%)
Aggressive advertising: dialogues or same ad on either sides flashing & targeting across platforms
5 (8.1%)
Excessive white spaces
1 (1.6%)
Inappropriately/oversized text or graphics: large & small by relation or ratio
1 (1.6%)
Auto action & mouse hover: Popouts, overlays & expanding, zooming out thumbnail, audio, video autoplay, preview
0 (0%)
Suggestions, predictive texting and history in or under search & text input box
1 (1.6%)
Clickbait trolling: Paywall, authwall, signup (excluding article view limit)
3 (4.8%)
Flash/fade/moving(appearing and disappearing) popout widgets/sliders: xx people viewed this item
0 (0%)
Infinite scrolling
1 (1.6%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Prefer not to say
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Bad/bloated web design  (Read 72118 times)

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
Re: Bad/bloated web design
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2023, 11:24:54 pm »
Ugh, i just found something that i hoped died in the 90ies:
A website with a custom mouse cursor. And not just some script kiddies private homepage:

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/

Makes it look like a computer game.  At least it is somewhat on topic!   ;D

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodiesTopic starter

• Super Contributor
KentOnline hates their viewers and likes to harass them.
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2023, 01:41:15 am »
Dimming overlays:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/whats-on/news/10-stunning-cycling-trails-to-try-this-summer-291216/

kentonline.co.uk##.qc-cmp-cleanslate.css-185jk1u
kentonline.co.uk###meterNagBG
Nag
Looking at the name of the element that they named and so they knew truelly well the effect it has on people, nag....
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/nag
nag 1  (năg)
1. To annoy by constant scolding, complaining, or urging.
2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.
v.intr.
1. To scold, complain, or find fault constantly: nagging at the children.
2. To be a constant source of anxiety or annoyance: The half-remembered
So basically harassment. Contrary to their dialogue saying "THANKS" and "Loyal KentOnline reader"  :bullshit: .

Scrollbars hidden:
Unhide using Chrome extension Sticky Header Hider aka Fixed Header Fixer with option "Make sure page is scrollable" selected.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sticky-header-hider-aka-f/eagncneohcoiofhknkofdobphnhgblad

Overflow/Scrollbars now showing:

Jumps to top of page on scroll down despite hiding these one of which disables CSS:
||kentonline.co.uk/manifest.json
||kentonline.co.uk/_resources/nag-panel-v6729641.css
||kentonline.co.uk/_resources/Article-v6974705.css
||kentonline.co.uk/_resources/image-gallery-v5674213.css
||kentonline.co.uk/_site/bundle-v7145813.css
||kentonline.co.uk/_resources/font-awesome-svg-5.10.2-v5099857.css
||www.kentonline.co.uk/panels/newsletter-kol$subdocument,domain=www.kentonline.co.ukb

Disable javascript with Chrome extension Quick Javascript Switcher:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-javascript-switcher/geddoclleiomckbhadiaipdggiiccfje

A few things seem to be out of place but no more jumping to the top.

I think I'll just add it to my excluded list of sites on websearch in future but it goes to show the contempt they seem to have for their viewers. Nag/torment basically harassing them with dialogues that interrupt and cut them off from the contents... the dialogue doesn't bother me in itself but cut me off from the contents with the dimming overlay and twice with the cookie notice behind it... brightness/contrast interfering on large parts of my page... a big nono.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 02:49:10 am by MrMobodies »

Offline ResR

• Regular Contributor
  • -Artificial_Intelligent-
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2023, 05:43:23 pm »
The worst is web pages that blocks adblocker only to have 80% or more page area covered with flashing ads (I'm looking at you Daily Mail)._

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2023, 02:52:44 pm »
Added to poll:

Auto action & mouse hover: Menus/popouts/overlays & expanding/zooming on thumbnail/audio/video autoplay/preview

Suggestions/predictive texting and history in/under search/text input box (one of my first biggest annoyances way before sticky fixed header nav toolbars)

Clickbait trolling: Pay/authwalls/signup (excluding article limit)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2023, 09:24:44 pm »
The worst is web pages that blocks adblocker only to have 80% or more page area covered with flashing ads (I'm looking at you Daily Mail)._

Here's my blocklist if you want to try it which I tested with the Daily Mail and I whilst I see the adverts I do not see the floating ones which I WILL KILL as with any element that behaves like that whether or not it is an advert.

It does not specifically target adverts in general and will not use this thread as ways of blocking them willy nilly (need to make revenue) unless it is set the up to harass the viewer and interfere with the contents and maybe that's why it hasn't detected Ublock and Adblock Plus on mine as I have removed the default lists that come with it and target the offending ones by the website's element names rather than the advert hosts themselves unless they are involved with malware and aggressive advertising that go out of their boundary.

See attachment but there are two things I have to find and remove from there on that once use to work and may break other things.

Google maps change where little man on bottom right is no longer displayed to open Street view.
Ebay change where clicking on a picture listing to zoom in removes the browser toolbars.

I forgot to mention with Adblock Plus "Acceptable ads" option must be unticked or some elements rules seem to get ignored such as the Google suggestions.

I reported this issue a number of times in the survey offer which popouts when switching it off that I remove the built in ad blocking filters (Easylist etc) and just use a network blocklist to hide annoying UI crap, fixed headers when possible, suggestions and animations.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:58:23 pm by MrMobodies »

• Super Contributor
Just found this from someone who thinks users will think the slowness will be faster because of the decorations
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-to-build-skeleton-screens-using-css-for-better-user-experience/
APRIL 25, 2022/ #USER EXPERIENCE
Skeleton Loader Example – How to Build a Skeleton Screen with CSS for Better UX  :bullshit:
Israel Mitolu
Assume and dictate user experience to what they think the user thinks as below.

They let the user know that some content is loading and, more importantly, provide an indication of what is loading, whether it's an image, text, card, and so on...
I expect the content to be loaded promptly with content not things that load first that sit there flashing away and slow the whole thing down by cycling through gradients or whatever.

This gives the user the impression that the website is faster because they already know what type of content is loading before it appears. This is referred to as perceived performance.
"because the content is loading it gives the impression that it is faster."
UTTER BULLSHIT

That p*sses me of if anything due to the flashing and slowing the browser down here they seem to be deceptive in making assumptions about what the user is perceiving as if they are stupid and confused and don't know what they are doing.

As much as we developers want our websites to load as quickly as possible, there are times when a lot of data needs to be rendered on the page, so Skeleton screens are a great option.
So slow it down even more under the guise the the user will think it is quick.

Things to keep in mind
* While implementing skeleton screens, we should keep in mind the goal we are trying achieve with the website or app, and prioritize loading the content.
Bullshit again... Rubbish. No you don't.
Link to the above, put all this crap on it that slows it down on page load and pretend/give the user a perception that it is loading quickly.

* Very stupid! Instead these things are being prioritized instead of the contents as it loads first and slows it down as I have experience and found out with the many I screenshot on pause or with javascript switched off.

A skeleton screen is an animated placeholder that simulates the layout of a website while data is being loaded.
A simulation of a website is NOT what I want to see ahead of the contents. If they intend it to be quick none of that nonsense should be necessary.

Why Use Skeleton Screens?
They appear to be faster and are more user friendly.  * Improved perceived performance  :bullshit: * provides both good UX  :bullshit: and helps in increasing conversion rate.  :bullshit:

My thoughts/sarcasm/anger The mass majority (including me as a user) are very stupid, naturally born with a very low iq level and very low natural/intellectual abilities that they won't notice the slowness when we bloat the experience, slow the page load down and pull the wool over their eyes. Because it looks buzzword bullshit: modern, newer, pretty trendy[/i] as we set it, it would appear to them that it is fast and they THINK it improves performance when it DOESN'T and is user friendly because of the flashing and decorations and other people are going to talk about how this prettiness improves performance and gives a better a user experience by seeing how well these things flash.

* More like a DECEPTIVE UX and a conversation about it in threads like this.

When to use them
* Use to notify the user that something is loading when more than one element is loading at the same time.
** Use when loading data takes more than 3 seconds.
*** Use on websites with a lot of traffic.
****Use for a background or long-running process.

* What? and load these useless things up as first priority than all the things that matter to the content after.
**Slow it down even more
*** The user may tell when the website is slow when content GRADUALLY loads on it but if there is animation crap everywhere that is slowing the page load down and they may not notice the difference due to the slowness and with "Improved perceived performance" to make it appear faster  :bullshit: sounds contradictory to me.
**** So permanently hog the cpu until somewhere down the page.

That takes over 8% cpu time every time those tile things reload up with that effect.

Conclusion
You made it all the way to the end! You've learned about skeleton loading, and how it contributes to user experience  :bullshit: by * creating the illusion of speed  :bullshit: when loading data, and you've implemented your own.

I hope you found this tutorial useful and that it serves as a good starting point for creating various skeleton loading screens.
It is a blooming webpage full of text and pictures why bog it down with this page slowing crap before the contents? The user will think it is faster and gives them a good experience by how pretty it looks.

If you found this article insightful, do share it with your friends and network. Also, feel free to connect with me on Twitter and my blog where I share resources and articles* to make you a better dev.  :bullshit:

* Creating an illusion of speed by taking up/wasting cpu time/resources on the decorations. So Israel Mitolu admitted it, all this page slowing crap to create a delusion and users will think that a bloated slow UI experience is quick when it isn't by how pretty it looks.

Yes it is insightful how web developers like this are out there and how they treat their users, assume what they want, and bloat the page/interfere and with the decorations they'd think it improves performance.

Did I just say as I often do, "Do they think the user is stupid and are effectively calling them stupid?"

** Adding this bloat and assuming users will think it is faster when it is slow makes you a better web developer.  :bullshit:

Reminds me of this post by BD139:
I write web apps a lot of the time. I have done since the web appeared in the 1990s.

* I have seen a massive decline in front end quality in the last decade and you know why?

Sometimes stuff is actually just done and people have a fear of that. Once it's done they're of no value.

Thus the "never done" attitude is what happens. Thus what do you do to something that is done? Shovel more features into it. Next thing you know your web site looks like an Indian train, except less useful.
* They have people like that working there, Israel Mitolu from Freecodecamp with that attitude and a fixed perception of the user?

A simple text "loading" behind whatever is loading and a basic outline has got to be a lot better and less overhead than all that crap above.
I wonder do these web developers do any performance/overhead testing on their own work to see what impact it may on the browser & cpu usage or do they just deceive/delude the user with crap like the above plastered everywhere?

What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 04:30:35 am by MrMobodies »

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2023, 08:51:45 am »
One it the annoying traits I see often enough is pages that keep flashing up xx people recently viewed this product, xx sold recently. It is designed to generate a FoMO response but to me it's just another distraction on a webpage.

I remember being at college in the 2000s and it being quite a big design mistake to have objects move around as the pages loads. The layout should load and respond to screen size but not have text or images move about, this was partly because of 56k dial up so a image might take ages to load and cause everything to shift about. Though I see it doesn't really matter anymore, or they just dont care.
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2023, 01:41:38 pm »
Added to poll: Flash/fade/moving(appearing and disappearing) popout widgets/sliders: xx people viewed this item

• Super Contributor
Re: Bad/bloated web design Amazon SPAMMY nav toolbar (image path script driven)
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2023, 10:46:57 pm »
I went absolutely mad loosing me tempter to discover this today that I called Amazon to complain but found it so difficult to get through.

Massive big SPAMMY toolbar harassment appearing down the page as the page loads.

1/3 of my browsing area:

Takes up large part of the screen, have to scroll more and now isn't that stupid? as well serves as the major distraction for something totally unwanted.

I go there to look at the contents, scroll to the bottom to next page not sit there and stare at a large toolbar stuck all the time.

At first I saw the nav toolbar suddenly hide on the slightest scroll but kept on jumping to the top of the page with the arrow keys or when I let go of the scroll bar forcing me to turn off the "Sticky Header Hider aka Fixed Header Fixer".

I had difficulty, maybe I am not looking in the right place trying to contact a human by phone and kept on going in circles pointing to F&Q but can't find anything to do with website/webpage feedback apart from the items I purchased.

I tried different numbers I found all out of service or hang up. I saw something  under accessibility (I thought was to do with using the website) with a callback:

Transcript from auto attendant
"Welcome to the Amazon accessibility line. This line is dedicated to the support our customers with disabilities. Is this doesn't apply to you can get in contact with us by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/contactus or by selecting the customer services option from the main menu in the Amazon APP :bullshit:  dot just to let you know..."

Yes I do have a disability, I don't know if it related to but it should not require it or proof I have one to talk about a change they made that interferes and affects the viewing or concentration of the page/browsing experience of many that they decide to do willy nilly.

I notice it happens after the page is loaded so maybe script driven. Using Ublock logger, filter by script and pausing it after it appeared, added them to the blocklist and removed one at a time narrowing it down to the culprit:
Adblock
images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41k9TQrnHzL.js
Doesn't appear anymore.

Notice images... Isn't that path suppose to be for graphics and images? Or is it that some graphics designer is obviously looking to make problems that don't exist or fighting for their job or a promotion by sticking the script to trigger it where they can to show "how much it helped people" what "genius they are" by harassing the users with intrusion/unwanted things and ramming that navtoolbar in their faces, like it is "suppose to help" people as they are stupid and confused and because it is there it is quicker and easier for them to get to and will generate more clicks for Amazon...  :bullshit:

Couldn't they have just set the position from absolute to fix instead of a 21,900 character script (not sure if it does other things) ... so the extension works without jumping but I wouldn't want that either.

I expect a revert (prefered) or a profile option.
I find it awful and intrusive to STICK things that maybe totally unwanted in the browsing area especially at that size.
Very STUPID idea (1/3) over the content.

I sent the screenshots for an answer back.

I pay for Amazon Prime but if I get a bullshit reply back with buzzwords, trendy/newer/modern/ etc they can forget about the Prime membership.

Also I notice more dimming overlays that hurt my eyes like behind the accessibility callback dialogue which happens to parent of the dialogue so can't hide that one.

This crap seems to be getting worse and worse.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:20:54 pm by MrMobodies »

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2023, 11:01:24 pm »
Isn't that path suppose to be for graphics and images?

It's whatever they want it to be. They could put spreadsheets in there, or shove images in ~/downloads, and it means nothing to anyone except the developers and their webserver. Indeed, the path may not even exist in reality on any filesystem.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2023, 11:04:49 pm »
Anything after Geocities era became bloated crap  :)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: Red Squirrel, MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2023, 11:46:07 pm »
I am not sure if that script does just that or other functions which would be a lot of characters and work when they could achieve the same effect with one word with the object in question to do with the positioning which is why I thought it might have been by some desperate web designer and seeing how that navigation changes as soon as that script loads.

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41k9TQrnHzL.js
Code: [Select]
(function(k){var p=window.AmazonUIPageJS||window.P,q=p._namespace||p.attributeErrors,c=q?q("AmazonRushFramework","AmazonRush"):p;c.guardFatal?c.guardFatal(k)(c,window):c.execute(function(){k(c,window)})})(function(k,p,q){k.when("a-ajax","a-util","3p-promise","rush-asset-loader","rush-util","rush-metrics-adapter","rush-dispatcher").register("rush-ajax-controller",function(c,g,e,h,b,f,a){function d(a,d){if(!a)throw Error(d);}function u(){}function l(b,c){var f=b[0];b=b[1]||{};d(v(f),"`dispatch` chunk must have a name");
a.trigger(f,{data:b,memo:c});return e.resolve({name:f,payload:b,memo:c})}function r(a,d,b){var c=a[0];if("title"===c)document.title=a[1];else if("dispatch"===c){var f=l(a.slice(1),b);f.then(function(a){d(a.name,a.payload,a.memo)})}else d(a,b),f=e.resolve();return f}var m=g.extend,x=b.isFunction,v=b.isNotBlank;return function(a,b){var f=[];var g=b&&b.success||u;var l=b&&b.error||u;var n=b&&b.chunk||u;d(x(g),"`success` must be a function");d(x(l),"`error` must be a function");d(x(n),"`chunk` must be a function");
return new e(function(d,w){b=m({memo:null,headers:{}},b);b.success=function(a,b,c){e.all(f).then(function(){g(a,b,c);d({response:a,statusText:b,xhr:c})})["catch"](function(a){l(c,b,a);w({xhr:c,statusText:b,error:a})})};b.error=function(a,b,d){l(a,b,d);w({xhr:a,statusText:b,error:d})};b.chunk=function(a){f.push(r(a,n,b.memo))};b.headers=m(b.headers||{},{"x-amazon-rush-fingerprints":h.fingerprints()});c.ajax(a,b)})}});"use strict";k.when("A","R","rush-util","rush-controller-api","rush-dom","rush-page-state-dispatcher").register("rush-application-api",
function(c,g,e,h,b,f){return function(a,d){var u=document.body,g=null;if(!e.isNotBlank(d)||!a)throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is (application:R.ApplicationBase, applicationAttribution:String)");d=c.trim(d);g=h(d);return c.extend(g,{setupComponents:function(a){b.scan(a||u)},teardownComponents:function(a){b.unscan(a||u)},addRoute:function(b,d){a.addRoute(b,function(){try{return d.apply(null,arguments)}catch(x){g.log.fatal(x,"[pattern\x3d"+b+"]: "+g.log.getErrorMessage(x))}})},startPageStateDispatcher:f.start})}});
"use strict";k.when("rush-controller-api","rush-logger","rush-util").register("rush-application-public-api",function(c,g,e){return function(h,b){if(!e.isNotBlank(h)||!e.isNotBlank(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is (appName:String, attribution:String)");return{getAttribution:function(){return b},getName:function(){return h},onStart:function(){},onStop:function(){},attachController:function(b,a){try{return a(c(b))}catch(d){g.logError(b,"error in the controller handler",d)}}}}});
"use strict";k.when("A","rush-ajax-controller","rush-dispatcher","rush-attributed-error-logger","rush-util").register("rush-controller-api",function(c,g,e,h,b){return function(c){var a=h.create(c);return{ajax:g,on:function(b,c){return e.on(b,function(){try{return c.apply(null,arguments)}catch(l){a.fatal(l,"[event\x3d"+b+"]: "+a.getErrorMessage(l))}})},trigger:e.trigger,log:a,util:b,logError:function(d,c){b.isNullOrUndefined(c)&&d instanceof Error&&(c=d,d=a.getErrorMessage(c));a.fatal(c,d)}}}});"use strict";
k.when("A","rush-dom","rush-dispatcher","rush-attributed-error-logger","rush-util").register("rush-component-api",function(c,g,e,h,b){return function(c,a){var d=h.create(a);return{on:function(a,b){return e.on(a,function(){try{return b.apply(null,arguments)}catch(r){d.fatal(r,"[component\x3d"+c+"][event\x3d"+a+"]: "+d.getErrorMessage(r))}})},trigger:e.trigger,teardown:function(){},remove:g.remove,append:g.append,insertBefore:g.insertBefore,insertAfter:g.insertAfter,replace:g.replace,removeChildren:g.removeChildren,
replaceInnerHTML:g.replaceInnerHTML,util:b,log:d,logError:function(a,f){b.isNullOrUndefined(f)&&a instanceof Error&&(f=a,a=d.getErrorMessage(f));d.fatal(f,"[component\x3d"+c+"]: "+a)}}}});"use strict";k.when("A").register("rush-component-properties",function(c){return function(g){function e(){f=(f=g.getAttribute("data-component-props"))?c.parseJSON(f):{}}function h(a){throw Error("Component properties ."+a+"() is DEPRECATED.");}var b=g.getAttribute?q:null,f=g.getAttribute?q:{};return{elem:function(){return g},
type:function(){b===q&&(b=g.getAttribute("data-component-type"));return b},prop:function(a){f===q&&e();return f[a]},propKeys:function(){f===q&&e();return c.keys(f)},id:function(){h("id")},key:function(){h("key")},parent:function(){h("parent")},children:function(){h("children")}}}});"use strict";k.when("A","rush-component-properties","rush-util","rush-product-ui-component-modifier").register("rush-dom",function(c,g,e,h){function b(a){return!(!a.hasAttribute||!a.hasAttribute("data-component-id"))}function f(a){return!(!a||
1!==a.nodeType)}function a(a){for(var b=a.length;b--;){var d=a[b];if(!d||!d.nodeType)return!1}return!0}function d(a){return"string"===typeof a}function u(a){var b=a.getAttribute&&a.getAttribute("data-component-type");if(!b)return[];a=h.getComponentType(a,b);return a===b?[b]:[a,b]}function l(a,b){var d=null;k.now.apply(k,b).execute(function(){var b,c;for(c=0;c<arguments.length&&((b=arguments[c])&&(d=new b(g(a))),!d);c++);});return d}function r(a,b){var d;a:{var c;for(c=0;c<b.length;c++)if(d=B[b[c]]){d=
d(g(a));break a}d=void 0}if(b=d||l(a,b))return d=A++,a.setAttribute&&a.setAttribute("data-component-id",d),p[d]=b}function m(d){var e=[],h,g;if(C){d=c.isArray(d)?d:[d];if(!a(d))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is scan(elements:Node|Array\x3cNode\x3e)");d=c.filter(d,function(a){return f(a)});c.each(d,function(a){a.hasAttribute&&a.hasAttribute("data-component-type")&&!b(a)&&e.push(a);e=e.concat(n(a).find("[data-component-type]").filter(":not([data-component-id])").get())});var w=0;for(g=
e.length;w<g;w++)d=e[w],(h=u(d))&&0!==h.length&&(b(d)||r(d,h))}}function x(d){c.isArray(d)||(d=[d]);if(!a(d))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is unscan(elements:Node|Array\x3cNode\x3e)");d=c.filter(d,function(a){return f(a)});c.each(d,function(a){var d=n(a),c=[];b(a)&&c.push(a);c=c.concat(d.find("[data-component-id]").get());for(a=c.length;a--;){d=c[a];var f=d.getAttribute("data-component-id");var e=p[f];delete p[f];(f=e)&&t(f.teardown)&&f.teardown();d.removeAttribute&&d.removeAttribute("data-component-id")}})}
function v(a,b){if(!f(a)||!d(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is append(parentElem:Node.ELEMENT_NODE, appendingContent:String)");e.isBlank(b)||(a=n(a),b=n(b),a.append(b),m(b.get()))}function y(a){if(!f(a))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is removeChildren(parentElem:Node.ELEMENT_NODE)");a=n(a);x(a.children().get());a.empty()}var n=c.$,t=n.isFunction,A=1,p={},B={},C=!0;return{scan:m,scanFor:function(d,g){var l=h.getDeclaredComponentType(g),m='[data-component-type\x3d"'+
l+'"]',w=[],z;d=c.isArray(d)?d:[d];if(!a(d))throw Error("`elements` must be either an element or a list of elements.");if(e.isBlank(l))throw Error("`componentName` must be a non-empty string.");d=c.filter(d,function(a){return f(a)});c.each(d,function(a){(a.getAttribute&&a.getAttribute("data-component-type"))!==l||b(a)||w.push(a);w=w.concat(n(a).find(m).filter(":not([data-component-id])").get())});g=0;for(z=w.length;g<z;g++)d=w[g],b(d)||r(d,u(d))},disableScanning:function(){C=!1},enableScanning:function(){C=
!0},unscan:x,remove:function(a){if(!f(a))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is remove(elem:Node.ELEMENT_NODE)");a.parentNode&&(x(a),a.parentNode.removeChild(a))},append:v,insertBefore:function(a,b){if(!f(a)||!d(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is insertBefore(target:Node.ELEMENT_NODE, newContent:String)");e.isBlank(b)||(b=n(b),n(a).before(b),m(b.get()))},insertAfter:function(a,b){if(!f(a)||!d(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is insertBefore(target:Node.ELEMENT_NODE, newContent:String)");
e.isBlank(b)||(b=n(b),n(a).after(b),m(b.get()))},replace:function(a,b){if(!f(a)||!d(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is replace(oldElem:Node.ELEMENT_NODE, newContent:String)");var c=n(a);e.isNotBlank(b)&&(b=n(b),c.after(b),m(b.get()));x(a);c.remove()},removeChildren:y,replaceInnerHTML:function(a,b){if(!f(a)||!d(b))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is replaceInnerHTML(parentElem:Node.ELEMENT_NODE, newInnerContent:String)");y(a);v(a,b)},registerComponent:function(a,
b){if(e.isBlank(a))throw Error("A non-empty component name is required for registerComponent(name:String, callback:function)");if(!t(b))throw Error("A component callback function is required for registerComponent(name:String, callback:function)");a=c.trim(a);if(B[a])throw Error("Component has already been registered: "+a);B[a]=b},getRegisteredComponents:q}});k.register("rush-product-ui-component-modifier",function(){function c(a){var b;if(a){var c=document.getElementsByTagName("script");for(b=c.length;b--;){var f=
c[b];if("product-ui/weblabs"===(f.getAttribute&&f.getAttribute("type"))&&(f.getAttribute&&f.getAttribute("data-render-id"))===a)return f}}}function g(a){a=(a=c(a))&&a.innerHTML;if(!a)return{};try{return JSON.parse(a)}catch(d){return k.log("Error parsing weblab treatment JSON: "+d.message,"WARN","rush-product-ui-component-modifier"),{}}}function e(a){var b=[],c;if("object"===typeof a)for(c in a)a.hasOwnProperty(c)&&b.push("weblab\x3d"+c.toLowerCase()+"\x3d"+a[c].toLowerCase());return b}function h(a,
b){a=a.slice().sort();b=b.slice().sort();var d=a.shift(),c;for(c=0;c<b.length&&d;c++)for(;b[c]===d;)d=a.shift();return!d}var b={},f={};return{getComponentType:function(a,d){var c=a.getAttribute&&a.getAttribute("data-version-id");a=a.getAttribute&&a.getAttribute("data-render-id");var l=b[a];l?a=l:(l=g(a),l=e(l),a=b[a]=l);a:if(c=c||"",c=f[c]&&f[c][d]){a.sort();for(r in c)if(c.hasOwnProperty(r)&&h(c[r],a))break a;var r=void 0}else r=q;return r||d},getDeclaredComponentType:function(a){return a.split("?",
1)[0]},gateFramework:function(a,b,c){var d=a.registerComponent;a.registerComponent=function(a,e,g){var h=b;if(h||0!==c.length){var m=h=h||"";var n=a,l=[].concat(c||[]);m&&l.push("versionId\x3d"+m);0<l.length&&(n+="?"+l.sort().join("\x26"));m=n;f[h]=f[h]||{};f[h][a]=f[h][a]||{};f[h][a][m]=c;a=m}return d(a,e,g)};return a},getWeblabScriptBlock:c,getTreatmentsForRenderId:g,getWeblabFlagsForTreatments:e,flagsMatch:h,getComponentMap:function(){return f}}});k.when("jQuery","rush-util","rush-attributed-error-logger").register("rush-dispatcher",
function(c,g,e){function h(){}function b(a,b){return function(){var d=a.indexOf(b);-1!==d&&(a[d]=h)}}var f=e.create("rush-dispatcher"),a=g.assert,d=g.isNotBlank,u=c.isFunction,l=c.trim,k={};return{trigger:function(b,c){var h=0,e;a(d(b),"must provide an event name");b=l(b);for(e=k[b]||[];h<e.length;){try{e[h](c)}catch(n){f.error(n,"A handler for event `"+b+"` failed to execute")}h++}},on:function(c,f){a(d(c),"must provide an event name");a(u(f),"must provide an event callback function");k[c]=k[c]||
[];c=k[c];c.push(f);return b(c,f)}}});"use strict";k.when("A","rush-dispatcher","rush-util").register("rush-page-state-dispatcher",function(c,g,e){function h(b,f){b=b||{};f=f||{};c.each(b,function(b,d){if(!0===f||!0===f[d]){b=[].concat(b);for(var c=0,h=b.length;c<h;c++)g.trigger(d,{data:[b[c]],memo:a})}})}var b=e.isObject,f=!1,a;return{start:function(d){f||(f=!0,d=d||{},b(d)&&(d.dispatchedByRushPageStateDispatcher=!0),a=d,d=c.state("rush-dispatch"),h(d,!0),c.state.bind("rush-dispatch",h))},isDispatchedByPageState:function(b){return b&&
b.memo===a}}});k.when("rush-error-logger").register("rush-attributed-error-logger",function(c){return{create:function(g){return{getErrorMessage:c.getErrorMessage,fatal:function(e,h){c.fatal(e,h,g)},error:function(e,h){c.error(e,h,g)},warn:function(e,h){c.warn(e,h,g)},logErrorWrapper:function(e,h,b){return c.logErrorWrapper(e,h,g,b)}}}}});k.register("rush-console-logger",function(){function c(c){return function(){}}function g(){console&&console.log&&console.log.apply(console,arguments)}return{log:c(g),
warn:c(function(){console&&console.warn?console.warn.apply(console,arguments):g.apply(null,arguments)}),error:c(function(){console&&console.error?console.error.apply(console,arguments):g.apply(null,arguments)})}});k.when("rush-console-logger").register("rush-error-logger",function(c){function g(h,b,f,a){b={message:b,logLevel:f,attribution:a};c.log(b);if(h)switch(f){case "FATAL":case "ERROR":c.error(h);break;case "WARN":c.warn(h);break;default:c.log(h)}p.ueLogError&&p.ueLogError(h,b)}var e={fatal:function(c,
b,f){g(c,b,"FATAL",f)},error:function(c,b,f){g(c,b,"ERROR",f)},warn:function(c,b,f){g(c,b,"WARN",f)},logError:function(c,b,f){e.fatal(f,b,c)},getErrorMessage:function(c){try{return c instanceof Error?c.message:JSON.stringify(c)}catch(b){return"could not get the error message"}},logErrorWrapper:function(c,b,f,a){return function(){try{return c.apply(b,arguments)}catch(d){a||(a=e.getErrorMessage(d)),e.fatal(d,a,f)}}}};return e});k.when("rush-error-logger").register("rush-logger",function(c){return c});
"use strict";k.when("A","R","rush-dom","rush-util","rush-logger","rush-component-api","rush-application-api","rush-application-public-api").register("rush-framework",function(c,g,e,h,b,f,a,d){function k(){!1===v&&(v=!0,m=m.concat(p),p=[],y())}var l=c.$.isFunction,r=c.$.proxy,m=[],p=[],v=!1,y=function(){var a=c.throttle(function(){var a=0;var b=m.length;if(3<=b)e.scan(document.body);else for(;a<b;a++)e.scanFor(document.body,m[a]);m=[]},25);return function(){m.length&&a()}}();return{attachApp:function(b,
f,e,k){var n=!1,A=[];if(!h.isNotBlank(b)||!h.isNotBlank(f)||!l(e))throw Error("[invalid arguments] valid signature is attachApp(appName:String, attribution:String, handler:function(api:RushApplicationAPI))");b=c.trim(b);f=c.trim(f);var m=new g.ApplicationBase(b);k=c.extend({alternativeUrl:q},k);m.addRoute=function(){var a=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments);n?g.addRoute.apply(g,a):A.push(a)};var u=a(m,f);b=d(b,f);b=c.extend(b,e(u));m.load=r(b.onStart,b);m.unload=r(b.onStop,b);n=!0;c.each(A,function(a){g.addRoute.apply(g,
a)});g.start(k.alternativeUrl);return b},registerComponent:function(a,b,d){if(h.isBlank(a))throw Error("A non-empty component name is required for registerComponent(componentName:String, componentAttribution:String, componentSetup:function).");if(h.isBlank(b))throw Error("A non-empty component attribution is required for registerComponent(componentName:String, componentAttribution:String, componentSetup:function).");if(!l(d))throw Error("A component setup function is required for registerComponent(componentName:String, componentAttribution:String, componentSetup:function).");
e.registerComponent(a,function(e){var g=c.extend(f(a,b),e),h=[],k=g.on;g.on=function(a){var b=k.apply(null,arguments);h.push([a,b]);return b};try{d(g)}catch(z){g.log.fatal(z,'Component setup failure in component "'+a+'".')}return{teardown:function(){c.each(h,function(b){var c=b[0];b=b[1];if(l(b))try{b()}catch(D){g.log.fatal(D,'Component teardown failure in component "'+a+'" during on("'+c+'") teardown.')}});if(l(g.teardown))try{g.teardown()}catch(z){g.log.fatal(z,'Component teardown failure in component "'+
a+'" during the custom component teardown.')}}}});!0===v?(m.push(a),setTimeout(y,0)):p.push(a)},turnOnAutoScanner:k,turnOffAutoScanner:function(){v=!1},enableAllScanning:function(){e.enableScanning();e.scan(document.body);k()},disableAllScanning:function(){e.disableScanning();v=!1}}});"use strict";k.register("rush-metrics-adapter",function(){function c(){}var g=p.uet||c;var e=p.ues||c;var h=p.ue&&p.ue.count||c;var b=p.uex||c;return{setTimer:function(b,a,c,e){g(b,a,c,e)},setValue:function(b,a,c){e(b,
a,c)},setCount:function(b,a,c,e){e=e?e:{};a&&(e.scope=a);h(b,c,e)},incrementCount:function(b,a,c){c=c?c:{};a&&(c.scope=a);a=(h(b,q,c)||0)+1;h(b,a,c)},publish:function(c,a,d){b(c,a,d)}}});"use strict";k.when("rush-metrics-adapter","A").register("rush-metrics",function(c,g){var e={wb:1},h=0;g=g.createClass({_metricsAdapter:q,_isPublished:!1,_scope:q,init:function(a,b){this._scope=(a||"amazonRush").substring(0,26)+h++;this._metricsAdapter=b||c},getMetricsAdapter:function(){return this._metricsAdapter},
isPublished:function(){return this._isPublished},validateIsNotPublished:function(){return this.isPublished()?!1:!0},setTimer:function(a,b,c){this.validateIsNotPublished()?this.getMetricsAdapter().setTimer(a,this._scope,b,c):this.getMetricsAdapter().incrementCount("s-metrics-published-"+a);return this},setValue:function(a,b){this.validateIsNotPublished()&&this.getMetricsAdapter().setValue(a,this._scope,b);return this},setCount:function(a,b){this.validateIsNotPublished()&&this.getMetricsAdapter().setCount(a,
this._scope,b);return this},loadComplete:function(a){this.validateIsNotPublished()&&(this.getMetricsAdapter().publish("ld",this._scope,a),this._isPublished=!0)}});var b=g.extend({_hasRequestId:!1,_hasSecondRequestId:!1,_isLoadWaiting:!1,_loadWaitingOptions:q,init:function(a,b){this._super(a,b);this.clientTimeBased();this.beginRequest()},clientTimeBased:function(){return this.setValue("ctb","1")},beginRequest:function(){return this.setTimer("tc")},beginResponse:function(){return this.setValue("t0",
+new Date)},responseComplete:function(){return this.setTimer("be")},setRequestId:function(a){if(!0!==this._hasRequestId)return a&&this.validateIsNotPublished()&&(this._hasRequestId=!0,this.setValue("id",a),!0===this._isLoadWaiting&&this.loadComplete(this._loadWaitingOptions)),this},setSecondRequestId:function(a){if(!0!==this._hasSecondRequestId)return a&&this.validateIsNotPublished()&&(this._hasSecondRequestId=!0,this.setValue("id2",a)),this},criticalFeatureComplete:function(a){return this.setTimer("cf",
q,a)},aboveTheFoldComplete:function(a){return this.setTimer("af",q,a)},timeClicked:function(a){return this.setTimer("tc",q,a)},functionalComplete:function(a){return this.setTimer("fn",q,a)},counterReady:function(a,b){return this.setCount(a,b)},loadComplete:function(a){!0!==this._hasRequestId?(this._isLoadWaiting=!0,this._loadWaitingOptions=a):this._super(a)}});var f=g.extend({init:function(a,b){this._super(a,b);this.bodyBegin()},setTimer:function(a,b,c){b=b||e;return this._super(a,b,c)},bodyBegin:function(){return this.setTimer("bb")},
criticalFeatureComplete:function(a){return this.setTimer("cf",q,a)},loadComplete:function(a){a=a||e;this._super(a)}});return{newPageTransitionScope:function(a,c){return new b(a,c)},newWidgetScope:function(a,b){return new f(a,b)}}});"use strict";k.when("A","rush-metrics","rush-dispatcher").register("rush-page-transition-metrics",function(c,g,e){function h(a){n=g.newPageTransitionScope(null,a)}function b(){n||h();return n}function f(a){var d=c.$.isArray(a)?a[0].requestId:a.requestId;a=c.$.isArray(a)?
a[0].secondRequestId:a.secondRequestId;d&&b().setRequestId(d);a&&b().setSecondRequestId(a)}function a(){h();b().beginRequest()}function d(){b().beginResponse()}function k(){b().responseComplete()}function l(a){b().criticalFeatureComplete(a.timeOverride)}function p(a){b().aboveTheFoldComplete(a.timeOverride)}function m(a){b().timeClicked(a.timeOverride)}function q(a){b().functionalComplete(a.timeOverride)}function v(a){b().counterReady(a.counter,a.value)}function y(){b().loadComplete()}var n,t={RECEIVED_METRICS_INFO:"rushMetricsEvents:metricsInfo",
BEGIN_REQUEST:"rushMetricsEvents:beginRequest",BEGIN_RESPONSE:"rushMetricsEvents:beginResponse",RESPONSE_COMPLETE:"rushMetricsEvents:responseComplete",CRITICAL_FEATURE_COMPLETE:"rushMetricsEvents:criticalFeatureComplete",ABOVE_THE_FOLD_COMPLETE:"rushMetricsEvents:aboveTheFoldComplete",TIME_CLICKED:"rushMetricsEvents:timeClicked",FUNCTIONAL_COMPLETE:"rushMetricsEvents:functionalComplete",COUNTER_READY:"rushMetricsEvents:counterReady",LOAD_COMPLETE:"rushMetricsEvents:loadComplete"};e.on(t.RECEIVED_METRICS_INFO,
f);e.on(t.BEGIN_REQUEST,a);e.on(t.BEGIN_RESPONSE,d);e.on(t.RESPONSE_COMPLETE,k);e.on(t.CRITICAL_FEATURE_COMPLETE,l);e.on(t.ABOVE_THE_FOLD_COMPLETE,p);e.on(t.TIME_CLICKED,m);e.on(t.FUNCTIONAL_COMPLETE,q);e.on(t.COUNTER_READY,v);e.on(t.LOAD_COMPLETE,y);return{EVENTS:t,createNewPageTransitionScope:h,receivedMetricsInfo:f,beginRequest:a,beginResponse:d,responseComplete:k,criticalFeatureComplete:l,aboveTheFoldComplete:p,timeClicked:m,functionalComplete:q,counterReady:v,loadComplete:y}});"use strict";k.execute("rush-feature-browser-support",
function(){function c(c,h){g&&g.tag&&g.tag("supports:"+c+":"+("function"===typeof h?"true":"false"))}var g=p.ue;c("mutationobserver",p.MutationObserver);c("getelementsbyclassname",document.getElementsByClassName);c("map",p.Map)});"use strict";k.when("rush-ajax-controller","rush-dispatcher","rush-dom","rush-page-transition-metrics","rush-page-state-dispatcher","rush-util").register("Rush",function(c,g,e,h,b,f){return{ajax:c,trigger:g.trigger,on:g.on,startPageStateDispatcher:b.start,isDispatchedByPageState:b.isDispatchedByPageState,
scan:e.scan,unscan:e.unscan,remove:e.remove,removeChildren:e.removeChildren,append:e.append,replace:e.replace,replaceInnerHTML:e.replaceInnerHTML,metrics:{EVENTS:h.EVENTS},util:f}});"use strict";k.when("jQuery","a-util").register("rush-util",function(c,g){var e=g.trim,h={outerHTML:function(b){return b.outerHTML?b.outerHTML:c("\x3cdiv\x3e").append(c(b).clone()).html()},isObject:function(b){return"object"===typeof b&&null!==b},isNumber:function(b){return"number"===typeof b&&isFinite(b)},isNullOrUndefined:function(b){return null===
b||b===q},isNotBlank:function(b){return"string"===typeof b&&""!==e(b)},isBlank:function(b){return!h.isNotBlank(b)},setIfEmpty:function(b,c,a){b[c]===q&&(b[c]=a)},makeComponentId:function(b,c){return h.isNotBlank(b)&&h.isNotBlank(c)?b+":"+c:""},freeze:function(b){return Object.freeze?Object.freeze(b):b},isFunction:c.isFunction,assert:function(b,c){if(!b)throw Error(c);},hide:function(b){c(b).addClass("aok-hidden")},show:function(b){c(b).removeClass("aok-hidden")}};return h.freeze(h)})});

I noticed header is mentioned 3 times.
e(function(d,w){b=m({memo:null,headers:{}},b);b.success=function(a,b,c){e.all(f).then(function(){g(a,b,c);d({response:a,statusText:b,xhr:c})})["catch"](function(a){l(c,b,a);w({xhr:c,statusText:b,error:a})})};b.error=function(a,b,d){l(a,b,d);w({xhr:a,statusText:b,error:d})};b.chunk=function(a){f.push(r(a,n,b.memo))};b.headers=m(b.headers||{},{"x-amazon-rush-fingerprints":h.fingerprints()});c.ajax(a,b)})}});"use

along with metrics and "loadcomplete".
this},setCount:function(a,b){this.validateIsNotPublished()&&this.getMetricsAdapter().setCount(a,
this._scope,b);return this},loadComplete:function(a){this.validateIsNotPublished()&&(this.getMetricsAdapter().publish("ld",this._scope,a),this._isPublished=!0)}});var

Correct me if you think I am wrong, looking at that, so they collect page loading statistics (metrics) and then alter and set the nav toolbar to spam the users and follow down the page just after the page has finished loading.

I still feel agitated and angry with a headache by the whole thing and my night ruined where I don't feel like doing anything. They treat me like I am stupid and confused using a script to interfere/meddle and shove a massive great toolbar in my face that once use to be helpful where the extension don't help but cause it to jump back to it at top after loading.

Joke: Mass majority very stupid and confused...  If we don't have the navigation bar RAMMED into their faces constantly as they scroll down the page, it would be like removing the handrails off the staircases where they won't be able to navigate their way through and they'd loose themselves and fall down and we can't have that  :bullshit: .
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 12:28:19 am by MrMobodies »

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2023, 08:32:53 am »
and set the nav toolbar to spam the users and follow down the page just after the page has finished loading.

I was surprised by this because I don't recall it happening to me. So I fired up Waterfox and did a search, scroll down and the header is stuck to the top of the page - it scrolls off the top as if it is fixed in place. But I run uBlock and uMatrix, not to mention some other things that could affect this. Nevertheless, Amazon is one of the few sites I allow to run amok and freeing it up totally didn't make an difference.

So I tried in an old Vivaldi browser and same. Fired up IE11 and it asks if I will allow ActiveX to run - no fear! Static header, so I took a couple of virtual valium and allowed ActiveX. No difference - header still stuck in place and scrolls off the top.

I think they must have your number and write this stuff especially for you  ;D

• Super Contributor
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2023, 03:21:21 pm »
I'll try another machine and a proxy server

Rustcollector (EEVBLOG) tried it last night even with the.co.uk and it didn't happen to him.

It does it with Palemoon but header hides on scroll up.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=coffee+maker&crid=1C2PU4YKREXGG&sprefix=coffee+make%2Caps%2C79&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Doesn't do it with https://nl.hideproxy.me/

Maybe they track by IP and I did some tests
I have two broadband lines.
I tried a different computer that is routed to another broadband line. Cleared cache incase. Didn't do it.
Tested by screen size and reduced it to laptop size nothing.

As soon as I switched gateways then it started to happen after clearing cache.[/s]

It seems intermittent and random.

Different vivaldi/chrome profile with cookies cleared

Laptop: Vivaldi: stays on all the time until blocking script.
Palemoon: header shows on scrolling up.

Desktop: Only started on a generic Chrome\vivaldi browser profile after switching gateways (from wan1 to wan2) on router to the same on as the laptop.
Didn't do it with Palemoon even after clearing cache.
Toggled the gateway back and opened a profile for youtube which I hadn't used for a while, cleared cache and turned off adblock/ublock/headerhider fixer
Not appearing.
Disabled all extensions.
Not appearing.
Palemoon nothing.

Copy URL no fixed header and cleared cache
<Lost screenshot oops>
Generic profile after switching gateway before youtube profile:

Opened generic vivaldi profile and saved URL and it did it.
Copied URL into browser profile for youtube with all extensions disabled didn't do it.

Desktop:
Palemoon:

Vivaldi Youtube profile:

Refreshing all three both above for sometime and sticky header on Vivaldi generic browser but not the empty Youtube one or palemoon (apart from laptop) now regardless or gateway switching.

I think the track by IP might be coincidence and this is just random at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:28:30 pm by MrMobodies »

• Super Contributor
Re: Bad/bloated web design Amazon menubar oversized bloat
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2023, 08:22:32 pm »
Just notice looking back at my screen shots on some parts of the site and it seems to become more and more bloated in other ways.

In comparison to this:

I forgot to post about some other issues a month ago of auto playing videos as I scroll down the page and promotional items that span the page horizontally from other items in the last and get in the way and distract that t I had to block.

I'll try to find them later with the elements to hide.

As a Prime member I don't expect promotional brands to appear on search and flood my field of vision with auto playing videos.

Not signed into prime on that Palemoon which I used to test something but it does it on my dedicate Vivaldi/Chrome profile signed in see last attachment.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 08:31:42 pm by MrMobodies »

• Super Contributor
Absolutely p*ssed to find my scrollbars keep on disappearing and after disabling adblock tiny white dialogue appears "get £5 off when you purchase in our app!" whilst dimming everything else suddenly/cutting me off completely from contents and discomfort for my  eyes.

Culprit:
ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/globalheader_widget_platform__v2-b70676194b.js
1 star out of 5.
Scrollbars are taken away. Disable adblock and a dimming overlay with tiny white dialogue "get £5 off when you purchase in our app!"
This is harassment.

ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/globalheader_widget_platform__v2-b70676194b.js

Dimming overlays which suddenly appears hurts my eyes, cutting me off from the background completely is entirely the reason why I won't be using your stupid app as I won't have the browser controls to hide things like this put up with absolutely no regard for the user.

I think they did something like this before without the feeble offer.
No amount would make me use the stupid APP when it won't have browser controls to hide spammy behaviour and screen dimming/flashing overlays.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 05:59:20 am by MrMobodies »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2024, 05:43:18 am »
You should add another option to the poll: Infinite scrolling.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, Ranayna, Nominal Animal, MrMobodies

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:09 am »
Ugh, yes.
Now Google has started that crap as well.

• Super Contributor
Re: Bad/bloated web design Ebay animated skeleton recs-loading bullshit
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2024, 03:59:12 am »
I see they renamed it from merch to recs.

29% and an annoying FLASH during every page load.

Adblock Culprits:
ebay.co.uk##.recs-loader
ebay.com##.recs-loader
##.recs-loader
ebay.co.uk##.recs-module
ebay.com##.recs-module
##.recs-module
ebay.co.uk##.recs-skeleton
ebay.com##.recs-skeleton
##.recs-skeleton
ebay.co.uk##.recs-loading
ebay.com##.recs-loading
##.recs-loading.recs-title
##.recs-loading
##.recs-module
ebay.co.uk##.recs-loading.recs-text-row
ebay.com##.recs-loading.recs-text-row
##.recs-loading.recs-text-row
ebay.co.uk##recs-loading.recs-text-row.recs-section-one
ebay.com##.recs-loading.recs-text-row.recs-section-one
##.recs-loading recs-text-row recs-section-one
ebay.co.uk##.recs-loading.recs-text-row.recs-section-two
ebay.com##.recs-loading.recs-text-row.recs-section-two
##.recs-loading.recs-text-row.recs-section-two
If it is going to do that I rather not see it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:36:45 am by MrMobodies »

• Super Contributor
Bad/bloated web design Ebay dimming overlay APP harassment again.
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2024, 08:57:25 am »

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/globalheader_widget_platform__v2-b70676194b.jsI am going to see what happens if can block the path after c1 to try and avoid anymore of that.

I just take offense after I open many tabs to find the scrollbars disappear on each one and when I find out why it wasn't with good intentions such as being spammed at with the background interfered with or obscured cutting me off from what I am doing.

Looks like they have people working there doing this have no regard for the user and ignore feedback about the dimming overlays.

They seem so desperate for me to use their stupid APP but not with that attitude with dimming the background and nothing done about it despite years of leaving feedback against it.

Also sense ARROGANCE, "oh look you only have a few days to use this feeble offer. and what a joke:
1. Open the camera app on your phone b*gger *ff I'd never use my phone for that.
2. Scan this code your your phone no way
3. Go to the app store * and the the app. **
4. Start saving More like WASTING time.
* Bullshit: Extra steps such as create an account (app store), SIGN IN into appstore, download an app, ** then SIGN INTO that...

I should not NEED a STUPID "APP" to start *saving* whatever they are referring to time or money.
I can find what I think are bargains already I do not need an "APP" to determine that.

I know something that is so much more easier, why don't they just give me a £20 gift voucher with no minimum limit like they did 20 years ago so I can buy from whatever listing I want. All I have to do is click buy it now, pay for it (with voucher applied) and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:15:44 am by MrMobodies »

• Super Contributor
Just noticed these things again but they don't flash or seem to take much much resources especially during pausing the page.

Well this is nice for a change.

I still don't like them as it is extra things to load but a lot better than resource wasting decorations that flash and annoy.

If they stop that animated placeholder nonsense I am hoping that others would follow such as Ebay.

One good change so thank you very much Amazon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 06:19:16 am by MrMobodies »

Offline hneve

• Regular Contributor
    • http://www.neve.nu/
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2024, 04:51:04 pm »
Oh, the autoplay sound and video. It's super annoying when you open a page, and suddenly, noise blasts out of nowhere! It's especially rough when you're browsing in a quiet place. And then there's the excessive fake loading spinners. They trick you into thinking something's happening when it wastes your time. Both disrupt the browsing experience and make you want to close the tab ASAP.
73 de LB4NH

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2024, 05:48:37 pm »
If you're using FireFox, a decent addon is Disable Autoplay. It does what it says, but still allows you to manually play whatever it is by clicking on it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf