Author Topic: Snake oil  (Read 786399 times)

Offline total-selena

• Contributor
  • !
Re: Snake oil
« Reply #1325 on: July 10, 2023, 05:45:23 pm »
Then it will consume energy for which you have to pay. Therefore it is not free.

And what is the deal with 4 kW, why is the limitation? Why not 4 MW or 4 GW?  There is a lot more of free energy out there, I want all my free energy.

It takes a few seconds to start. Then it disconnects from the network.
The power is limited by the diameter of the wires in the resonator. In general, inventors do not pursue strength, but simply experiment. There are generators and 100 watts. It's just a matter of energy recovery.
Electricity is not what you think.
Inertia is not what you think.
That's the way it should be.

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #1326 on: July 10, 2023, 05:56:25 pm »
Undoubtedly, the circuit as drawn will have electrical losses due to wires and semiconductors.
Just like a flywheel will lose energy due to air resistance and bearing friction.
The claim here is that the circuit will generate more energy to the load than what was given to it, and I am skeptical.

Offline Kim Christensen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1327 on: July 10, 2023, 06:51:45 pm »

I assume R1 and R2 are resistors?
What are T1 & T2 on your diagram and what do they do?

Offline total-selena

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1328 on: July 10, 2023, 07:01:49 pm »
Trirstors. They work in avalanche mode. Break through at a voltage of about 350 volts.
The resistors block the triristors.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1329 on: July 10, 2023, 07:33:47 pm »
Then it will consume energy for which you have to pay. Therefore it is not free.

And what is the deal with 4 kW, why is the limitation? Why not 4 MW or 4 GW?  There is a lot more of free energy out there, I want all my free energy.

The power is limited by the diameter of the wires in the resonator. In general, inventors do not pursue strength, but simply experiment. There are generators and 100 watts. It's just a matter of energy recovery.
I have several of these free energy generators. They are called rechargeable batteries. I connect them for some time to external power to start. Then i disconnect them from the network and use my free energy.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: Kim Christensen

Offline total-selena

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1330 on: July 10, 2023, 07:46:41 pm »
I'm happy for you. You are not in danger of an energy collapse  ;)

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1331 on: July 11, 2023, 12:18:33 am »
There is no "free" energy. We need to use the energy that the environment provides us. This is why I don't understand the rightwing hatred of wind/solar/tidal energy. Why ignore sources of energy that can replace or supplement our finite supplies of oil? If you can burn 1 barrel of oil to make a wind/solar/tidal plant that can produce more energy than just burning that 1 barrel of oil, why wouldn't you do so?
In order to get 1 watt from solar panels, you must first spend 10 watts of oil in production and logistics. That's the problem. Solar panels are low resource fun.

And free energy generators are real devices, and they are the future. In 1000 years your opinion will change. :)

The solar panels will keep on producing that 1 watt for decades, long after you have burnt those 10 watts worth of oil.
In any case, watts by themselves are meaningless.
You need to use "watt-hours.

Sorry, in 1000 years, my opinion will be the same------dead people are rather "set in their ways". ;D

The following users thanked this post: Kim Christensen

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1332 on: July 11, 2023, 01:45:19 am »
Free energy violates a general rule of the universe that you cannot win.

There's "free" energy out there, depending on how you define the word "free".

Usually you have to define it as "free for me", eg. harvesting radio energy from WiFi. The energy is there but somebody else is paying for it.

Yes, you can harvest radio waves from outer space but that's a fools errand compared to using solar panels. You'll get microwatts at best by doing that (look how big radio telescopes are!)

The only realistic "free" energy is from nuclear reactions and from places where energy is moving around the solar system, eg.
* Solar radiation
* Kinetic energy from the movements of solar bodies (tides)
* Local effects like wind

You could argue that digging up previously-stored energy like coal/oil is "free" but that's a path we're trying to avoid.

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #1333 on: July 12, 2023, 09:52:01 am »
By understanding real physics, the generator can be soldered in one day.
That's great! Please solder one and send it to Dave.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

The following users thanked this post: Kim Christensen, nnixralaer

Online Miyuki

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
« Reply #1334 on: October 29, 2023, 04:58:25 pm »
And what about a great Sonic boiler
https://sonicboilers.com/en/

Boiling of electrolyte at temp. ~ 70°C results in the generation of steam at temp. ~ 100°C what gives max. temp. on boiler outlet: ~ 70°C. The process is immediate, which makes that the SONIC boiler optimally cooperates with all systems: with floor warming, radiator, and combined systems.

Makes sense  :-DD

Online helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1335 on: October 29, 2023, 06:41:18 pm »
Ultrasonic power can produce "steam" but it is rather cold. I don't fully understand the kinetics but it causes fine droplets to fly out through the water reservoir into the air. When playing with a device like the one pictured below, with the tank removed, a shallow pool of water remains above the transducer. If you defeat the safety switch you can see it operating and feel the cavitation with your finger. It is hot immediately around the transducer when operating but the rest of the pool remains cold.

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1336 on: October 29, 2023, 06:48:23 pm »
Ultrasonic power can produce "steam" but it is rather cold. I don't fully understand the kinetics but it causes fine droplets to fly out through the water reservoir into the air. When playing with a device like the one pictured below, with the tank removed, a shallow pool of water remains above the transducer. If you defeat the safety switch you can see it operating and feel the cavitation with your finger. It is hot immediately around the transducer when operating but the rest of the pool remains cold.
I think the difference between boiling the water and using ultrasonic cavitation is the cavitation approach produces a much bigger spread of kinetic energies in the molecules of the vapour. Molecules leaving the surface of boiling water are most just energetic enough to leave, and will quickly be below the threshold again. A lot of molecules leaving the ultrasonic device are way above that threshold. and will stay that way for a while. Certainly the resulting vapour is very different. Not only does it not give you the immediate sense of heat that putting your hand in the cloud above a kettle gives, as the vapour condenses on your skin, and pumps all its remaining energy into you. It also condenses more slowly, and only leaves puddles around the machine if you seriously constrict the air flow.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 10:24:09 pm by coppice »

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #1337 on: October 29, 2023, 09:34:43 pm »
Ultrasonic power can produce "steam" but it is rather cold.
Better call it "mist" or "fog", as it is very small liquid droplets suspended in air, and not traditional steam (containing water vapour, water in gaseous phase).

Ultrasonic aerosolizers/nebulizers/atomizers/etc. do not convert the liquid to vapor (gas): there is no phase transition.  They only mechanically chop the liquid up into tiny little droplets.  There is basically no temperature change, and only very little energy spent in the mechanical chopping action.

Online helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1338 on: October 29, 2023, 09:48:58 pm »
Ultrasonic aerosolizers/nebulizers/atomizers/etc. do not convert the liquid to vapor (gas): there is no phase transition.  They only mechanically chop the liquid up into tiny little droplets.  There is basically no temperature change, and only very little energy spent in the mechanical chopping action.
Ultimately there must be a phase transition, because it increases the humidity of the air in the environment. Humidity is a function of the amount of vapor in the air. (Phenomena like fog or mist are created from water vapor as it condenses in proximity to the cool earth.)

Even the steam rising from a kettle is a mixture of water vapor and condensing droplets, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it; water vapor is as transparent as air.

I suppose you could correctly say that the thermal energy is provided by the ambient air molecules into which the droplets are emitted, as they share their kinetic energy with vapor molecules that come out of the droplets. This is the reverse from droplets condensing from steam, in which the hot water vapor gives up its heat to the cool air and recondenses.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:53:20 pm by helius »

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1339 on: October 29, 2023, 09:55:03 pm »
Although dictionaries may differ on this, I was taught that "steam" was the visible material that included water vapor and droplets, as seen in a teakettle or steam locomotive, but that "water vapor" was invisible.
Humidity, however, can contain both water vapor and water droplets.

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1340 on: October 29, 2023, 10:28:13 pm »
Although dictionaries may differ on this, I was taught that "steam" was the visible material that included water vapor and droplets, as seen in a teakettle or steam locomotive, but that "water vapor" was invisible.
Humidity, however, can contain both water vapor and water droplets.
The usual terms, like your find in books about steam engines and turbines, are wet steam and dry steam. Wet steam. which is visible. is a mix of gas and fine droplets. When there are no droplets left its called dry steam, and is a true gas.

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1341 on: October 29, 2023, 10:41:58 pm »
Besides dry (saturated) and wet (unsaturated, the most common type) steam, steam-plant engineering also defines superheated steam and supercritical water.
https://www2.tlv.com/steam-info/steam-theory/steam-basics/types-of-steam

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #1342 on: October 29, 2023, 11:17:51 pm »
Ultimately there must be a phase transition, because it increases the humidity of the air in the environment.
Don't forget: even if you have absolutely dry air and expose liquid water, you'll get some water vapor in the air.  See vapour pressure of vapour.  The ambient air, water vapor, and water (both in vessels and in droplets) are in (well, tend towards) thermodynamic equilibrium.  (Analogously, you do get some water vapour from warm water even if it is not boiling hot.)

The energy for these state transitions are provided by the temperature of both the water and the ambient air.
This happens independently of the aerosolizer/nebulizer/atomizer/etc., with the tiny droplets having huge surface area compared to one liquid blob of water.
You can get the same humidity effect by having running water in the same room.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf