Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 354022 times)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1325 on: June 09, 2022, 06:18:04 pm »
But for now she is here. Let's see if she can survive the first night (she was very weak and hungry). She also don't have a name yet because of such reasons, but specifically if I give her a name I don't know if I can give it away anymore. So for now she is "The little one..."

Make sure, that the place is warm and cozy. If you have an electric blanket, put her on the blanket. Cats need more warmth than humans, especially in such bad conditions.

Keep my fingers crossed for this little furball.

Good point, especially seeing that she was out in the rain and having water thrown at her.  (Who am I kidding - I'd have her sleeping in my lap, and also have already mentally incremented the number of cats here by one!)
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1326 on: June 09, 2022, 06:25:43 pm »
But for now she is here. Let's see if she can survive the first night (she was very weak and hungry). She also don't have a name yet because of such reasons, but specifically if I give her a name I don't know if I can give it away anymore. So for now she is "The little one..."

Make sure, that the place is warm and cozy. If you have an electric blanket, put her on the blanket. Cats need more warmth than humans, especially in such bad conditions.

Good point, especially seeing that she was out in the rain and having water thrown at her.  (Who am I kidding - I'd have her sleeping in my lap, and also have already mentally incremented the number of cats here by one!)

I think, you have a CAT (Cat Anonymous Tribe)  :D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1327 on: June 09, 2022, 07:09:05 pm »

Ohh yes I will. She just wake up to poo on the carpet, even having put something for her to do there, but it's OK, the carpet needed to be clean anyway.

She's active (she runs easily) and playful, so I think she is going well, probably not needed to be too worried.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Carel, arvidb

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1328 on: June 09, 2022, 07:34:26 pm »
Ohh yes I will. She just wake up to poo on the carpet, even having put something for her to do there, but it's OK, the carpet needed to be clean anyway.

She's active (she runs easily) and playful, so I think she is going well, probably not needed to be too worried.

Thank you for taking me in.  This carpet does not meet my standards - I will poop on it to 'encourage' you to clean it!   :-DD

Happy to hear that it sounds like she's bounced back and is scampering around.   :-+ :-+

-Pat

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1329 on: June 09, 2022, 07:51:09 pm »
Thank you for taking me in.  This carpet does not meet my standards - I will poop on it to 'encourage' you to clean it!   :-DD

:-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1330 on: June 09, 2022, 08:51:34 pm »

:-DD :-DD :-DD

Cats are nothing if not master manipulators.   You've no doubt heard the expression "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."   :-DD

-Pat

Edit to add a cat picture - Piglet snoozing:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 08:53:20 pm by Cubdriver »

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1331 on: June 09, 2022, 10:34:08 pm »
Dead cat. Allegedly.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1332 on: June 09, 2022, 10:49:53 pm »
We have a similar expression in Portugal that roughly translates as: "The owner choose a dog, but the cat choose an owner".

Sorry If the times in English are not right, still have some problems with them.

Edit: for anyone interested:

She survived the night. Food for today: Oat with a little rice and meat. All cooked.

Her stomach is bad from what she ate before arriving here. The oat will be a good thing for digestion and excretion, since white rice lacks most of the fibers from the brown one. The meat well, cats are meat eaters, so that you can't take out from their diet.

See how the feces will turn from now on. Currently are liquid, brownish yellow with a intense smell and lots of gas, so she had basically rice without anything more (rice causes a lot of gas and it's not good as main food only by itself).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 11:23:38 pm by Black Phoenix »

The following users thanked this post: OZ1LQB, xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, DavidAlfa, antenna

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1333 on: June 10, 2022, 12:09:37 am »
Better already!  :) It looks like her tail is rather short though. Maybe try to brush her fur a little bit to make it less plucky.

When I was still living with my parents we also took a young, stray cat in. We took him to the vet for a checkup where it turned out he didn't had the best diet. His fur also had some dirty spots but he turned out nice after a couple of weeks and stayed until old age.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:14:31 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1334 on: June 10, 2022, 12:25:15 am »
She survived the night. Food for today: Oat with a little rice and meat. All cooked.

Her stomach is bad from what she ate before arriving here. The oat will be a good thing for digestion and excretion, since white rice lacks most of the fibers from the brown one. The meat well, cats are meat eaters, so that you can't take out from their diet.

See how the feces will turn from now on. Currently are liquid, brownish yellow with a intense smell and lots of gas, so she had basically rice without anything more (rice causes a lot of gas and it's not good as main food only by itself).

Well done sir, well done. Keep us informed.  :-+
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1335 on: June 10, 2022, 12:40:10 am »
Better already!  :) It looks like her tail is rather short though. Maybe try to brush her fur a little bit to make it less plucky.

When I was still living with my parents we also took a young, stray cat in. We took him to the vet for a checkup where it turned out he didn't had the best diet. His fur also had some dirty spots but he turned out nice after a couple of weeks and stayed until old age.

I suspect that the tail or it's a genetic deformity or it was severed when she was younger, although I tend to the first one because the bones make kinda a knot in the end of the tail.

Cleaning I've been doing with wet tissues since she still to young to go to a bath with shampoo, although tomorrow I will go to the vet with her to take a check up and get some pointers on what to do more in her case.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1336 on: June 10, 2022, 01:08:06 am »
She looks like a plucky little fighter!  Very happy to see she seems to be doing better.  Getting some better fuel in the tank will certainly help her out.  :-+

-Pat

Edit to add - we're definitely interested!  Keep the pics coming.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1337 on: June 10, 2022, 01:10:36 am »
Cleaning I've been doing with wet tissues since she still to young to go to a bath with shampoo,

You know you're supposed to lick her from nose to tail, don't you?  ;)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1338 on: June 10, 2022, 01:11:27 am »
Dead cat. Allegedly.

I think the death will be whoever he fixes with that glare!  That photo should be in the encyclopedia next to the phrase "If looks could kill".

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1339 on: June 10, 2022, 02:15:14 am »

Edit to add a cat picture - Piglet snoozing:

Every single time you mention her I wonder what the poor thing has done that made you give her that name!
Especially as your naming of the other cats seems so fitting and considerate!
 :-DD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:16:55 am by Neomys Sapiens »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1340 on: June 10, 2022, 03:12:11 am »

Piglet snoozing:

Every single time you mention her I wonder what the poor thing has done that made you give her that name!

One of the late Korky's names was piglet. (We all know that cats have at least a dozen names, right?) You only had to see him eating to realise how he got that byname. He even used to beg broccoli off us when we were eating it! Brocolli, peas or any actual "cat appropriate" food on our plates would elicit loud "McNeooow!"s until some was actually lowered to floor level.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1341 on: June 10, 2022, 03:47:39 am »

Piglet joined the family in mid summer of 2014.  I previously had two cats, Sparky and Peanut, both in their mid-late teens that had come to me when my friend's mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly from cancer in fall of 2010.  Peanut passed in April of 2014, so at that point I had only Sparky (who crossed the bridge in April of 2018 - April seems a bad month for my cats).  My friend Jim’s wife had a coworker who had a cat that had kittens, and asked if I wanted one or two.  Since I occasionally travel for work and am gone a week or two at a time, I said yes, so Sparky would have a companion again.  Fast forward a month (June) and she calls me to say all have been spoken for.  Oh well, more cats will have kittens.

In early August, we're dropping something off at another friend’s place and standing on the front step chatting when a pickup truck with a rather loud exhaust system passes, stops in front of the neighbor's house then continues down the street.  I glanced over at it because of the loud noise, but beyond that paid it no attention.  Shortly after it had pulled away, Jim looks over to me and says "hey Pat, you wanted another cat, right?"  I sort of looked at him like he had three heads because the question was completely out of the blue.  He responded to my puzzled look by pointing to the end of the driveway, where there was a tiny orange and white kitten.  He explained that when the truck stopped in front of the neighbor's house, he'd seen the door open and the driver had placed the kitten on the ground.  He’d waited for a bit to see if the neighbor was going to come get the cat, but then concluded it was being abandoned and pointed it out to me.

My first thought was 'oh crap, I’m going to be chasing a skittish kitten across Watertown Avenue!', but when I went to the end of the driveway and called out, she ran right up to me.  She was a tiny little thing, so I scooped her up and brought her back up to the house.  (A few minutes later the loud truck drove back up the street; believe me, if looks could kill that guy would have died on the spot.)  She was wearing a flea collar that was much too tight, to the point the sides of her neck were rubbed raw and bloody, and looked like she had half a tennis ball protruding from her belly (turned out to be a huge umbilical hernia, thankfully not strangulated and thus not an immediate life threatening issue - the vet stated it was the largest he’d seen on a kitten that small).  Brought her home and introduced her to Sparky; fortunately they got along fine.

First introduction:

Took her to the vet as soon as I could and got her checked out.  Beyond the hernia and neck wounds, she was pronounced healthy, but underfed and underweight. The vet at first thought she was about eight weeks old based on her size, but upon seeing her teeth revised his estimate to twelve weeks.  She got her name because, having been partially starved, she had a voracious appetite and would inhale her food, then push Sparky aside and eat hers, too.  She was eating like a pig, and thus was christened Piglet.

There are still spots on either side of her neck where no fur grows.  (They shaved her neck at the vet's to make applying antibiotic ointment easier)

The lump from the hernia is visible here:

And here:

There is a special place in hell for anyone who could drop this off to fend on her own:

The hernia was taken care of a few weeks later when she was spayed, and she has since been a happy and healthy ball of fur.  All I can conclude is that she was a pet and they decided that the didn’t want to pay to have the hernia taken care of, so she was discarded on the side of the road.  As horrific as that was, I’m very glad she was discarded where my friend saw her, and I was able to take her in.  She is a total sweetheart and cuddle monster.

And thus concludes the tale (tail?) of Piglet.

-Pat

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1342 on: June 10, 2022, 04:25:49 am »
To round things out, this is Peanut:

She was a tiny little thing, and often slept curled up in a little ball.

And Sparky, aka the Fat Cat:

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Mr.B, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, DavidAlfa

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1343 on: June 10, 2022, 04:34:54 am »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, PA0PBZ, nctnico, xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, Zoli

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1344 on: June 10, 2022, 06:03:28 am »
For the interested:

https://i.imgur.com/NX8BoJd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/bhWQ8Pc.mp4

The furball is great.

She’s a cutie!  Absolutely adorable.

-Pat

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1345 on: June 10, 2022, 01:48:58 pm »
Found this on Kent Online yesterday. Poor Stanley...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/puss-left-toothless-after-being-bullied-268361/

Hope he'll find a good home soon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:55:47 pm by Neper »
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1346 on: June 10, 2022, 02:28:09 pm »
Found this on Kent Online yesterday. Poor Stanley...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/puss-left-toothless-after-being-bullied-268361/

Hope he'll find a good home soon.

I hope his former 'owners' moved to hell.  They’ll eventually get there, and if there’s any justice in the world it will be to a special place there just for them.  Despicable, heartless scumbags.  That poor cat - hope someone adopts and loves him.  Yet another reason why I hate people.   :wtf: :rant: :rant: :rant:

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: OZ1LQB

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1347 on: June 11, 2022, 05:33:37 am »
Found this handsome guy yesterday in a parking lot, must be around a year old or a little less.
Once you had cats you know the difference between "Gimme food" and "SOS" signals, this guy was lost.
Feral cats were not happy, bullying him (and that's probably why he got lost in first place), had some scratches but nothing serious.
There must be an owner, he's just too docile and nicely cared-of.
Four strangers picking him up like a potato?
If nervous, not even my own cats would allow that without a skin-renewing session, didn't even show the claws!
5 minutes at home, called someone few times, then fell slept for the whole night, seems someone had a rough day!
Hopefully the owners will appear soon, doesn't like my food! Chicken breast? Where's the fat, bitch?
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, Carel

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1348 on: June 11, 2022, 06:02:58 am »
Updates:

Second night cleared. But I realize that she was not drinking water the full day. So yesterday gone to a vet and bought some kitty milk power. Today instead of water she have 50ml of mix plus oat with rice, chicken meat and pumpkin.

Her poo is now in a better shape, still same colour but starting to get more solid, with less water content, so less water lost by her.

She looks like a 2 week old but I would say that she is 1 week or almost 2 older, because of eating wet solid food.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1349 on: June 11, 2022, 07:30:51 am »
Fingers crossed she keeps chugging along.  Seems she’s in good hands.

-Pat

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf