Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2804187 times)

Supercharged, gamalot, shapirus and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline boffin

• Supporter
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #11025 on: March 05, 2022, 04:39:41 am »
The latest in high power precision machine tools:

Planning to do some dental work THz ?  :)

Orin Scrivello, DDS

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #11026 on: March 05, 2022, 06:16:18 am »

It's an upgrade for this:

It's legit, even comes with the licence key. Now I just have to work out how to turn off the DRM and telemetry.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #11027 on: March 05, 2022, 07:33:33 am »

It's an upgrade for this:

It's legit, even comes with the licence key. Now I just have to work out how to turn off the DRM and telemetry.
:-DD
Yes, beware of the nanoparticle telemetry.  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11028 on: March 05, 2022, 10:35:37 am »
out of the local post office today  :phew:

Voltage and Current Signal Generator - model QH-VISG2-ED (with battery)

a nice grey?
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11029 on: March 06, 2022, 11:45:06 am »
and --- a CH341A  mini programmer

which, of course, is useless without someone who knows how to use it (giving up some of their usefully acquired information); I found today.

https://www.onetransistor.eu/2017/08/ch341a-mini-programmer-schematic.html

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #11030 on: March 07, 2022, 04:50:52 am »
Oh great демонEBAY, I summon thee!

Hewlett Packard catalogs, the unobtainium first three: 1952, 1955, 1957. From one seller, cheap.  Never thought I'd see these, now here they are.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:52:36 am by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Cubdriver, PartialDischarge

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #11031 on: March 07, 2022, 04:59:54 am »
Goddamn!!  Nice find!  They look to be in pretty good condition, too.   :-+ :-+ :-+

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #11032 on: March 07, 2022, 05:29:29 am »
Goddamn!!  Nice find!  They look to be in pretty good condition, too.   :-+ :-+ :-+

Two with very slight water staining along the bottom. And of course the spines are dust. Pretty good considering the middle one is the same age as me. I too have water staining and plenty of dust.

Also got these:

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Cubdriver

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #11033 on: March 07, 2022, 05:31:47 am »
... I too have water staining and plenty of dust.

Love that. :)
Me too...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #11034 on: March 07, 2022, 06:28:01 am »
... I too have water staining and plenty of dust.

Love that. :)
Me too...

There's a lot to be said about a tome that's been 'lived in'.
iratus parum formica

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11035 on: March 09, 2022, 02:20:12 pm »
So excited *** so excited *** for my new WR Monza Speed Road Bike (second hand)

Just arrived and mounted, it comes here with an imported carbon frame, which I don't like too much because I prefer aluminum frames (cheaper) but the whole bike is really light, only 6Kg for the whole bike compared to my my old bike that weighs 11Kg.

That sounds a dream!!! only 6Kg is really WOW!

since the carbon frame and two endurance-wheels cost me most of the budget, the gearbox I mounted is economic for its category and it is full manual, as well as hydraulic disc brakes. I don't care. They are decent enough!

This bike was not designed for endurance, it was for high speed racing, so I changed the saddle and handlebar attachment to make it more comfortable.

Only 1200 Euro for it shipped, including all the replacement parts (second hand, but in great shape) I ordered separately, it sounds a *** great bargain ***, and I also love the color.

With this setup it for sure less aerodynamic, and you lose the 10% during acceleration, but I don't care too much  :D
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11036 on: March 09, 2022, 03:07:52 pm »
(Attachment Link)

Just arrived and mounted, it comes here with an imported carbon frame, which I don't like too much because I prefer aluminum frames (cheaper) but the whole bike is really light, only 6Kg for the whole bike compared to my my old bike that weighs 11Kg.

That sounds a dream!!! only 6Kg is really WOW!

since the carbon frame and two endurance-wheels cost me most of the budget, the gearbox I mounted is economic for its category and it is full manual, as well as hydraulic disc brakes. I don't care. They are decent enough!

This bike was not designed for endurance, it was for high speed racing, so I changed the saddle and handlebar attachment to make it more comfortable.

Only 1200 Euro for it shipped, including all the replacement parts (second hand, but in great shape) I ordered separately, it sounds a *** great bargain ***, and I also love the color.

With this setup it for sure less aerodynamic, and you lose the 10% during acceleration, but I don't care too much  :D

With pedals it would probably be even faster!! :)

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #11037 on: March 09, 2022, 09:52:07 pm »

So its new or its second hand?  :D

Looks great. Changing the saddle and (presumably) raising the handlebar is a smart choice. I don't think the performance gain is worth the injury/strain risk, unless its only for races.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11038 on: March 10, 2022, 04:07:56 am »
I bought a new vacuum cleaner.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2TNKL3

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11039 on: March 10, 2022, 11:43:41 am »
With pedals it would probably be even faster!! :)

LOL

eh, it was the *only* part not included in the deal, so yesterday I went to a shop to buy them because pedals from my old bike are not compatible

Fillet with a different pitch, don't ask my why. Crazy stuff.   ;D

Yesterday I enjoyed my first 90 Km round trip, but it was rather a kind of running in since I don't yet know how my bicycle reacts, and it's really fast, even faster than I imagined.

I even overtook a moped, 60Km/h or something, and when the traffic light gone yellow I was a bit worried about brakes because it rained in the afternoon and there was a little puddle.

Kind of strong emotion during a Kind of test, braking on a wet street and decelerating from 60 to 10Km/h

Hey, ok? Both brakes and tires worked :D
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11040 on: March 10, 2022, 12:01:08 pm »
So its new or its second hand?  :D

new for me, but from a previous owner  :D

p.s.
thanks!

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11041 on: March 10, 2022, 12:31:27 pm »
Clip Studio Paint for ~USD30 (40% off right now for the next few days). As a complete beginner to art I just didn't have it in me to go deep into the Adobe Cloud subscription crap, so having a perpetual license for CSP takes the stress out of worrying about a subscription I may or may not use to the fullest.

Recent wet weather in Sydney took out the garage air con PCB, I think there was a bug or something under the transistor...blew the breaker when I switched it on. A replacement PCB was AUD200 on eBay, not great not terrible. At least I'll have a donor board I may be able to fix up for the future.

The rain also made its way into our solar inverter, it's around 10 years old now so it's had a good run. The transparent display window just disintegrated over time and the rain went right on in (I used to tape over the window but it kinda fell off). Hmmmm thinking of spending the extra and getting a Fronius or similar so I don't have to worry about it for the next 10 years under warranty (until the panels poop out). The solar feed-in rate is crappy compared to when we first got it so I don't think I'll be upgrading the 3.5KW system.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #11042 on: March 11, 2022, 03:15:43 am »
Because I brought a new Tig welder a few months ago I 'needed' to buy a new compressor to go with the incoming Plasma cutter I 'need' to go with it.

Circular logic  ;D

Quiet oiless and a bit over 10cfm in old units. 100L Tank.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Cubdriver

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #11043 on: March 11, 2022, 03:46:40 am »
Not suffering any welder envy here at all.

Honest.
iratus parum formica

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #11044 on: March 11, 2022, 04:53:57 am »
Because I brought a new Tig welder a few months ago I 'needed' to buy a new compressor to go with the incoming Plasma cutter I 'need' to go with it.

Circular logic  ;D

Quiet oiless and a bit over 10cfm in old units. 100L Tank.

Plasma cutters do like air!  And circular logic is, in my opinion, a perfectly valid means of justifying the acquisition of tools and the like.  Buy a piece of test gear, read the manual, see what they call out for 'recommended test gear' for troubleshooting and repair, buy any of those instruments that you lack, read their manuals, see the 'recommended test gear' sections thereof, buy...   ...lather, rinse, repeat until money or space run out...

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore, beanflying

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11045 on: March 11, 2022, 05:00:17 pm »
Bought a TERES-A64-WHITE laptop for a colleague.
Arrive yesterday. Un-boxed now.

Talking about the cost ...
Code: [Select]
240.00 euro Basket
019.03 euro shipping
056.99 euro VAT
316.02 euro Total
is it a bit expensive? Probably *yes*, but hey? We got offered a serial debug-cable for free  ;D

I am installing a custom version of Gnu/Linux just right now, I will deliver it on Monday to my colleague.

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11046 on: March 11, 2022, 08:18:42 pm »
Hi,
I bought some bits for my LPKF Protomat C60 PCB milling machine. These are not cheap, but these will probably last 10 years.

Regards,
Jay_Diddy_B

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11047 on: March 11, 2022, 09:11:59 pm »
The postman brought my nice Katsu mini drill press today.

So far, I'm favourably impressed. I'm sure the simple triac based variable speed motor controller can be improved, but it's a surprisingly solid machine. The oversized base is cast iron and the head, cast alloy. In addition to the variable speed, there's a 3 step pulley change allowing it to get up to 8500rpm - An ideal companion for my big Sealey pillar drill when using small drill bits. Something I was worrying about when I ordered it was accuracy, but I can't detect any slack at all between the quill and the head casting and there's no noticeable runout on the little 6mm chuck. No flex between the head and the base either.

The wiring looks ok. It's properly earthed and there are decent insulated crimps and additional fibreglass sleeving where the wires pass the motor. I might put some additional strain relief on the motor wiring though as the motor and pulleys go up and down with the quill.

Overall, really chunky for such a small capacity drill press. The motor is only a 100W brushed, but that ought to be sufficient for small diameter drills - maybe I'll experiment with a brushless one at some point as there's plenty of room.

P.S. The adjustable quill stop seems a bit odd - I think they've put the scale sticker on in the wrong position!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:17:54 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline MuseChaser

• Contributor

Offline dmills

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11049 on: March 12, 2022, 10:41:47 am »
Hardinge HLV with chucks, steadies, taper turning and a full set of collets.

It remains to be seem how much of a strip down and rebuild job it is going to be, not been run in 12 years apparently, so I bet the lube tanks are going to be gnarly. Hopefully nobody used soluble oil in the thing.

Now just waiting for the pallet with 770kg of lathe on it to arrive, then comes the 'sort out a three phase supply' fun.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, fcb, thm_w, beanflying

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf