Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 357057 times)

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #900 on: October 03, 2021, 10:14:07 pm »
Our Zenobe throws himself on his back when he wants to be fed. No idea who taught him this as we got him when he was a mere 9 weeks old.
He did, to you, of course.

I've seen dogs teach their human the same way.  Most common is staring at the bowl, then the human, then the bowl.  Which is kinda surprising, because it involves the understanding that the other can understand what you are looking at; a pretty complex concept not at all common among animals.  Many cats get it too, in my experience (much better than finger-pointing, which dogs and elephants do instinctively understand); most just don't care much.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 10:18:16 pm by Nominal Animal »

The following users thanked this post: Neper

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #901 on: October 03, 2021, 10:49:19 pm »
All this with a look that says: "Why not just take us back to the animal shelter if you don't want to feed us." Our two cats are great masters at this act.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 11:01:36 pm by Neper »
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #902 on: October 03, 2021, 10:51:55 pm »
I find it somewhat odd that this thread, as lovely as it is, seems to have escaped the wrath of "this is not a technical topic", and yet I've just had one of my equally non-technical topics locked. Maybe Mr Simon would kindly explain as to why this one is fine, but others are not... and I am not wanting to provoke, it's a little strange is all.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 10:53:54 pm by eti »

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Offline DiTBho

• Super Contributor
« Reply #903 on: October 04, 2021, 12:10:14 am »
I had a nightmare last night. That's probably what happens when you watch weird stuff on Youtube before going to sleep.

I dreamed to wake up in 3021 when Earth was so polluted that trees were all dead, the atmosphere was only a big-hole, and bees and animals and plants all extinct, while human beings could only survive if transformed in pets for the pleasure of weird A.I. beings who had the technology to synthesize simple organic compounds containing both carboxyl and amino.

Food for humans, that smelt like food for cats.

When I looked around the sterile factory that picked me up, I realized that humans had been completely transformed into stuffed ornaments, hung on the wall as trophies or scanned and exposed on giant LCDs, and the few still alive were like pets in slavery.

- Am I your prisoner? - I asked

- you are our deliver - a thing with a metallic voice replied

And holy-wood when you don't even know *for whom* then it's seriously time to rebel.

So I smashed the camera in front of me with a fist, and a led immediately turned from green to red, and the same metallic voice talked again to give me ultimatum

going up two tones - carbon unit, listen - they said - if you refuse to be a pet, there are only two logical choices for you -
Paused - A) either you load your consciousness into the matrix to become one of us -
Paused - B) or you die as an abandoned pet in the desert. without any medical treatment or food. -
Paused. A led matrix blinked in reverse order - being assimilated like a sub node is an unique privilege due to the fact you are a human being from the past - they pointed out.

At that point, without even thinking about it, I immediately made my choice by offering my figurative finger to the second camera and they kicked me out their cubic-factory.

But they weren't lying, outside there was only sand and nothing else. and I died alone under the radioactive wind trying to reach the corpse of a human settlement, probably a post-atomic remains of a city, after a war in which humans lost. I felt my skin burning and my bones crumbling from the high exposure to radioactive particles.

Then I woke up in my bed, still shocked. And I immediately checked the clock happy to see it was October 2021. I opened the window and, despite it being autumn, I felt really really happy to see trees were still outside, just near my box for bees..

Holly wood, my sweet bees. I like bees!

My cat was sleeping on my bed, but at that point he too woke up and followed me into the kitchen. I drank a glass of water with a spoon of honey, and he asked me for his food.

Without questioning, I offered him a double ration and the cat looked at me as if he wanted to know what made that day so special to receive his favorite croquettes.

I though something like - nothing special, I am just happy to lick some honey from the spoon, god I cannot really imagine a world without bees - and I was about replying something, but he was already gone ...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 12:19:45 am by DiTBho »
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #904 on: October 04, 2021, 12:20:47 am »
I had a nightmare last night. That's probably what happens when you watch weird stuff on Youtube before going to sleep.

I dreamed to wake up in 3021 when Earth was so polluted that trees were all dead, the atmosphere was only a big-hole, and bees and animals and plants all extinct, while human beings could only survive if transformed in pets for the pleasure of weird A.I. beings who had the technology to synthesize simple organic compounds containing both carboxyl and amino.

Food for humans, that smelt like food for cats.

When I looked around the sterile factory that picked me up, I realized that humans had been completely transformed into stuffed ornaments, hung on the wall as trophies or scanned and exposed on giant LCDs, and the few still alive were like pets in slavery.

- Am I your prisoner? - I asked

- you are our deliver - a thing with a metallic voice replied

And holy-wood when you don't even know *for whom* then it's seriously time to rebel.

So I smashed the camera in front of me with a fist, and a led immediately turned from green to red, and the same metallic voice talked again to give me ultimatum

going up two tones - carbon unit, listen - they said - if you refuse to be a pet, there are only two logical choices for you -
Paused - A) either you load your consciousness into the matrix to become one of us -
Paused - B) or you die as an abandoned pet in the desert. without any medical treatment or food. -
Paused. A led matrix blinked in reverse order - being assimilated like a sub node is an unique privilege due to the fact you are a human being from the past - they pointed out.

At that point, without even thinking about it, I immediately made my choice by offering my figurative finger to the second camera and they kicked me out their cubic-factory.

But they weren't lying, outside there was only sand and nothing else. and I died alone under the radioactive wind trying to reach the corpse of a human settlement, probably a post-atomic remains of a city, after a war in which humans lost. I felt my skin burning and my bones crumbling from the high exposure to radioactive particles.

Then I woke up in my bed, still shocked. And I immediately checked the clock happy to see it was October 2021. I opened the window and, despite it being autumn, I felt really really happy to see trees were still outside, just near my box for bees..

Holly wood, my sweet bees. I like bees!

My cat was sleeping on my bed, but at that point he too woke up and followed me into the kitchen. I drank a glass of water with a spoon of honey, and he asked me for his food.

Without questioning, I offered him a double ration and the cat looked at me as if he wanted to know what made that day so special to receive his favorite croquettes.

I though something like - nothing special, I am just happy to lick some honey from the spoon, god I cannot really imagine a world without bees - and I was about replying something, but he was already gone ...

You have EXTREMELY detailed dreams, and great recall... or else you made that up!  ;D

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #905 on: October 04, 2021, 12:21:53 am »
Maybe Mr Simon would kindly explain

For all his faults, Mr Simon did actually explain quite clearly that the lock was because you diverged to a forbidden topic.

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #906 on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:20 am »
Maybe Mr Simon would kindly explain

For all his faults, Mr Simon did actually explain quite clearly that the lock was because you diverged to a forbidden topic.

I don't see how me saying I think the earth is 12,000 yrs old is "forbidden"; what about the person to whom I was replying, quoting 50,000 years for something?

A distraction, as I still don't know how this thread continues, and yet mine was cut short (and yet left alone for a week). To clarify, I do not care THAT much, but I still see the existence of this thread as contradicting the very thing which caused mine to be locked, and also caused a few of my other threads to attract comments of the similar reprimanding ilk, when I first joined.

I am merely asking, not upset or wanting to annoy, but I am going to ask, am I not?

Mysterrrrrious  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 12:28:54 am by eti »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #907 on: October 04, 2021, 12:28:10 am »
A distraction, as I still don't know how this thread continues, and yet mine was cut short (and yet left alone for a week).

Mysterrrrrious  ;D

Because it is a legacy thread, we don't argue or fight over cat pics, and you should have PM'ed Simon and not taken your problems here because we can't help you.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #908 on: October 04, 2021, 12:30:31 am »
A distraction, as I still don't know how this thread continues, and yet mine was cut short (and yet left alone for a week).

Mysterrrrrious  ;D

Because it is a legacy thread, we don't argue or fight over cat pics, and you should have PM'ed Simon and not taken your problems here because we can't help you.

Ah well that's different then...  ???   :-//

Had my thread been left for 5 years, it may also have magically, silently morphed from "not allowed" to "It's legacy, so..." and silently left alone

Ah the internet, LOL!  ;D

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #909 on: October 04, 2021, 12:30:49 am »
You shouldn't kick the hornets nest and then complain about the hornets and the smell of fly spray.
iratus parum formica

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #910 on: October 04, 2021, 12:33:42 am »
You shouldn't kick the hornets nest and then complain about the hornets and the smell of fly spray.

I do not see that, in a forum full of polite and intelligent people, that one must tiptoe around for fear of "upsetting" someone, when it should be obvious I am merely asking, as it seems that something doesn't add up. To clarify - I accept my thread is locked, all fine, no strife, hardly life changing stuff, just asking why the misalignment of rules.

No problem, but I am entitled and perfectly reasonable in my asking why.

Forget I asked, let's move on.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 12:35:55 am by eti »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, GlennSprigg

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #911 on: October 04, 2021, 12:36:38 am »

Mysterrrrrious  ;D

This is the internet - people can, and will find ANYTHING to fight over!  ;D

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #912 on: October 04, 2021, 01:08:25 am »

As you continue to post.   :-DD 

I think if your goal is to have this thread locked as well, I would opt for a different solution.

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #913 on: October 04, 2021, 01:21:59 am »

As you continue to post.   :-DD 

I think if your goal is to have this thread locked as well, I would opt for a different solution.

That might be a little petty, no? Maybe you think that way, so assume I do, but I do not. Long may this thread continue :)

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #914 on: October 04, 2021, 01:49:41 am »
Can everybody please stop participating in dragging this off topic by simply stopping replying to off topic posts (this one included). The off topic stuff will quickly die if people don't feed it. Thank you in advance.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: daqq, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neper

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
« Reply #915 on: October 04, 2021, 02:08:01 am »
back to the topic ;)

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Mr.B, tooki, Cubdriver, BU508A, blacksheeplogic, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, Neper

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #916 on: October 04, 2021, 02:44:55 am »
I find it somewhat odd that this thread, as lovely as it is, seems to have escaped the wrath of "this is not a technical topic"

Whatcha talkin' about? This thread is absolutely electronics related.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #917 on: October 04, 2021, 02:48:57 am »

I agree!
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Cubdriver, BU508A, bsfeechannel, Neomys Sapiens, Neper

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #918 on: October 04, 2021, 03:33:21 am »

My cat can operate the computer.

iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Nominal Animal

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #919 on: October 04, 2021, 03:51:03 am »
its True live video not stills
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #920 on: October 04, 2021, 04:08:45 am »

Nixie, Pixel, and Gilmore

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #921 on: October 04, 2021, 06:53:13 am »
I find it somewhat odd that this thread, as lovely as it is, seems to have escaped the wrath of "this is not a technical topic"

For the love of Fluke...!
Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #922 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:37 am »
I find it somewhat odd that this thread, as lovely as it is, seems to have escaped the wrath of "this is not a technical topic", and yet I've just had one of my equally non-technical topics locked. Maybe Mr Simon would kindly explain as to why this one is fine, but others are not... and I am not wanting to provoke, it's a little strange is all.

Because we can't go on allowing off-topic posts forever, otherwise the forum will be filled with them.
Just because a few of them exist does not mean it's open season.
If you think that's unfair, then sorry, too bad, that's the way it is.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #923 on: October 05, 2021, 09:39:44 am »
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, lapm, Mr.B, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, GlennSprigg, srb1954

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #924 on: October 05, 2021, 11:21:58 am »
Wife when you start looking around for more electronics:
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Neomys Sapiens

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf