Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 357097 times)

Offline 4cx10000

• Regular Contributor
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1075 on: January 07, 2022, 12:12:09 am »
While resting on the speaker, she keeps track so that everything goes right in our living room.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, JohnnyMalaria

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1076 on: January 07, 2022, 11:25:35 pm »
Almost a sensation here, today. Usually, this place ain't big enough for both of them. Meet Leopold and Zenobe.
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, xrunner, PlainName, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Jacon, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1077 on: January 07, 2022, 11:27:13 pm »
Hello Leopold and Zenobe.
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: Neper

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1078 on: January 08, 2022, 12:44:56 am »
Oooh, nice!
Two cats with my favourite colouring: orange with white and black.

:-+ :)
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1079 on: January 08, 2022, 03:33:47 am »
Since the weather has taken a turn for the colder here, Madam has been gradually morphing into her baboushka form.

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Neper

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1080 on: January 08, 2022, 08:30:13 am »
After a few days of that dinner time look.....you don't expect me to eat that packet muck do you......and incessant complaints about the quality of her cuisine her man servant finally had a chance to go capture some of her favorite.  :phew:

Processing station at the ready and all you can hear is the purring....I like that in a cat.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1081 on: January 08, 2022, 12:15:00 pm »
After a few days of that dinner time look.....you don't expect me to eat that packet muck do you......and incessant complaints about the quality of her cuisine her man servant finally had a chance to go capture some of her favorite.  :phew:

Processing station at the ready and all you can hear is the purring....I like that in a cat.

Gonna feed it raw? That's what they would naturally eat of course. Let's see what cuts she's getting.  :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1082 on: January 08, 2022, 12:20:31 pm »
You know why they sell rabbit complete with head.......

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1083 on: January 08, 2022, 01:35:58 pm »

Gonna feed it raw? That's what they would naturally eat of course. Let's see what cuts she's getting.  :popcorn:
Cats are picky about their meat. If a cat doesn't want it, you better don't eat it as well.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1084 on: January 08, 2022, 06:32:14 pm »
My cat Firky used to love to hunt little bunnies and eat their brains.  A little cat with big attitude.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1085 on: January 08, 2022, 08:08:05 pm »

Gonna feed it raw?
Yep but madam likes it cut from the bone and diced.  ::)

That's what they would naturally eat of course. Let's see what cuts she's getting.  :popcorn:
Whatever I can slice off and dice up....with no bones added. Processing time is a fav as warm livers and hearts abound and maybe a kidney should one be removed with the byproducts otherwise she gets them at a later meal with the cuts.
Past cats were just thrown a whole joint with bones included and dealt with then no sweat but not madam.....it must be properly prepared !

This old madam is now a bit past catching her own but she has up to 2/3rds grown and the little ones she used to deal to herself but in later years the larger captures are always presented to the man servant to be unwrapped and processed.
Little ones she would bring inside and announce her victim captures with a muffled cry and the her early days consisted of training that there were only specific areas in the house where she could consume her kills and feel safe from the working dogs .
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 08:11:03 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1086 on: January 09, 2022, 08:50:51 am »

Let's see what cuts she's getting.  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Nominal Animal

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #1087 on: January 09, 2022, 10:38:02 am »

Let's see what cuts she's getting.  :popcorn:

are some skills most city dwellers do not have, in todays age of mass formation psychosis.
living off the land is one way to keep your head together.   my cat is envious
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 06:12:14 pm by jonovid »
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1088 on: January 09, 2022, 05:14:26 pm »
Madam has transformed further.

Here she is telling me tales of what "life was like in the Old Country":

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, JohnnyMalaria, Nominal Animal, Neper

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
  • Medically retired Tech. Old School / re-learning !
« Reply #1089 on: January 11, 2022, 11:27:21 am »
Our cats would not believe this!!  In fact, even if they are outside all day, they will meow to get inside to use the litter-box!!!

P.S.  I'm still (just) alive, and I haven't even looked at certain old personal messages, and won't! My life's too short...
Diagonal of 1x1 square = Root-2. Ok.
Diagonal of 1x1x1 cube = Root-3 !!!  Beautiful !!

The following users thanked this post: Bud

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1090 on: January 12, 2022, 06:41:40 pm »
This is Bob. He is a tomcat and was Max's sparring partner. He comes here every day in the morning and evening to eat and to be cuddled. He is a big cat, weighing at least 8kg and at least 50cm long from head to base of tail. But he is not fat. When you cuddle him you can feel what a muscle he is. He is a gentle giant and his special trick is to drop to the floor in front of you, roll to the side and ask you (me) to cuddle him. He is also very shy and only lets me touch him. He shies away from other people.
Unfortunately, the photos are a bit blurred. That's because he doesn't hold still and certainly doesn't pose. We don't know how old he is, but we know who he belongs to. He is fully vaccinated, but neither chipped nor tattooed. And he is a real eating machine!

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, PA0PBZ, nctnico, xrunner, edavid, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1091 on: January 12, 2022, 08:12:10 pm »
Hello, Bob.
iratus parum formica

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1092 on: January 12, 2022, 08:20:56 pm »
We have two gingers who come and sort of half visit. Both are nervy enough that they won't let you get close, yet both do things to deliberately draw our attention to them. One sits in front of our front door and calls for someone to open it - then runs away when you do. The other climbs up and sits outside the living room window and calls vocally for attention. Not knowing who they own, if they do own slaves, we've had to invent our own names for them; so one is "Ginge" and one is "Mr. Baker".

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1093 on: January 12, 2022, 09:23:31 pm »
We have two gingers who come and sort of half visit. Both are nervy enough that they won't let you get close, yet both do things to deliberately draw our attention to them. One sits in front of our front door and calls for someone to open it - then runs away when you do. The other climbs up and sits outside the living room window and calls vocally for attention. Not knowing who they own, if they do own slaves, we've had to invent our own names for them; so one is "Ginge" and one is "Mr. Baker".

All you need now is Mr. Slowhand and Mr. Bruce. You'll have the Cream of the cat neighbourhood.

Strange brew.
iratus parum formica

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1094 on: January 12, 2022, 09:39:56 pm »
No luck there. There's Bobby, he's the son of our Maija (who you have seen many times), Mr. Grey, who as his name implies is wearing elegant morning dress, Tom who is a classic Mohammedan tabby who is another living room window visitor, and the otherwise unnamed "little black and white cat" and the "big black and white cat". Of these only Tom has evidenced any musical talent, and he's more "Death Metal Anthem III" than "Sunshine of Your Love".

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Nominal Animal

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1095 on: January 13, 2022, 07:17:07 am »
Brownie the house imposter of a few weeks back and also new friend made when she visited us at the shed came to visit again today and recognized my voice almost immediately. Fuss of her was rewarded with a bunt or three and even got a wee squeak from her saying hello.  :)
Followed me like a dog straight inside although wary and eyes scanning all over as the last time she was inside so was the tricolor dog.
Still she knew exactly where Madam's snack bar was and promptly helped herself to a few cat nuts before sweeping her up for a few more pats and removing her outside and closing the door.

Then I wondered if Brownie and Madam had met so trudged off around the garden to where I found Madam sound asleep in a flower bed.  ::)
With a little coaxing she ventured out to see what her man servant wanted then spied Brownie and Madam set off after her in hot pursuit !
Never knew a 17yr old cat could run so fast  :o but Brownie was faster and knew exactly where the only open lawn exit was and when I finally caught up with Madam on the road frontage Brownie was nowhere to be seen. 

Madam was purring like mad as if to say, hey dad I sure sent that one packing !  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1096 on: January 13, 2022, 09:27:13 am »
Hey, what does the note say at 8.30?

iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Cubdriver

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1097 on: January 13, 2022, 10:14:52 pm »
Brownie the house imposter of a few weeks back and also new friend made when she visited us at the shed came to visit again today and recognized my voice almost immediately. Fuss of her was rewarded with a bunt or three and even got a wee squeak from her saying hello.  :)
Followed me like a dog straight inside although wary and eyes scanning all over as the last time she was inside so was the tricolor dog.
Still she knew exactly where Madam's snack bar was and promptly helped herself to a few cat nuts before sweeping her up for a few more pats and removing her outside and closing the door.

Then I wondered if Brownie and Madam had met so trudged off around the garden to where I found Madam sound asleep in a flower bed.  ::)
With a little coaxing she ventured out to see what her man servant wanted then spied Brownie and Madam set off after her in hot pursuit !
Never knew a 17yr old cat could run so fast  :o but Brownie was faster and knew exactly where the only open lawn exit was and when I finally caught up with Madam on the road frontage Brownie was nowhere to be seen. 

Madam was purring like mad as if to say, hey dad I sure sent that one packing !  :-DD
Despite being pursued off the property yesterday Brownie was back again this morning just outside the lawn area but a little nervous after Madam had sent her off.
So I swept her up for more cuddles to calm her and after spotting Madam was camped on the far side of our lawn took her inside to again meet the mistress of the house, the wife, then took her outside again as I wanted to mow the lawn but inside she marched again to snack at Madam's snack bar. Madam was still outside sound asleep so Brownie had a self tour of the house and when quite satisfied with her venturing's decided it was time to leave before she was forcefully evicted like yesterday.

Brownie trotted off at a leisurely pace to the road frontage where I stopped to see which way she'd go ....which ended as no surprise as we'd suspected she belonged to some new people in the road just a couple hundred meters away.
A buddy stopped and chatted while I watching Brownie head for home and drove off seconds before a chap we'd not seen before came walking past with his poodle on a lead.
After greetings and introductions from this new neighbor but one this was indeed Brownies owner and Brownie was really Coco !  :-DD
An hour later after coffee and a chat and a good ol catchup (He'd grown up across the valley and we knew his parents) we went our own ways vowing to have more to do with one another.  :phew:

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1098 on: January 16, 2022, 12:30:23 am »
Maxim viewing fire (never seen it until now).

:popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Mr.B, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1099 on: January 16, 2022, 01:44:10 am »
Are those rivets on that shovel, or have you been going around fixing googly eyes to everything in the house?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf