Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 357051 times)

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1300 on: June 02, 2022, 12:12:44 pm »
Bis repetita...  :--
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline f4eru

• Super Contributor
    • Chargehanger
« Reply #1301 on: June 02, 2022, 01:05:59 pm »
Nope. I post because I enjoy it.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1302 on: June 02, 2022, 02:26:20 pm »
Ranking your cats or deciding which one goes first when the food runs out.

iratus parum formica

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1303 on: June 02, 2022, 02:30:24 pm »
Being winter now in the Southern hemisphere, my cat decided 8AM that he was going to sleep under the sheets in the bed, after having his breakfast. Even if he did not have his normal looking out in the window till noon, when the sun had warmed that spot up a bit, but now back under cover. 20C indoors, he is feeling cold....

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1304 on: June 02, 2022, 09:24:33 pm »
Still have these till this day. They are wonderful.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline jasonRF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1305 on: June 03, 2022, 04:41:59 pm »
Maya, conforming to the stereotype.   

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1306 on: June 03, 2022, 05:19:49 pm »
Delivery from Meowser? Priority it is!

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1307 on: June 04, 2022, 05:41:34 am »
Piglet, Gilmore and Nixie:

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, edavid, Mr.B, BU508A, Miyuki, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, arvidb

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1308 on: June 04, 2022, 05:42:40 am »
Ghost:

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, edavid, Mr.B, BU508A, capt bullshot, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline antenna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1309 on: June 04, 2022, 05:53:34 am »
The person we got this cat from was unsure about the sex, so being a calico and knowing how rare males were, we assumed female and my girlfriend let me name her Sasha over the phone before we got her.  Turns out, she was a he!  But that's ok, now we have an amazingly rare male calico named after my favorite author Alexander Shulgin!

The following users thanked this post: Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal

Offline antenna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1310 on: June 04, 2022, 06:13:53 am »
Sorry if I'm breaking the rules, but here's 2 more. I know it says "a" picture, but I can't help myself..

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, capt bullshot, Nominal Animal

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1311 on: June 04, 2022, 06:23:40 am »
Gotta love how they climb.  I am the king of all I survey!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: antenna

Offline antenna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1312 on: June 04, 2022, 06:37:24 am »
Gotta love how they climb.  I am the king of all I survey!

-Pat
Against everyone's recommendations and a screaming girlfriend, I couldn't bring myself to declaw him. I told her (and everyone else) that if they wanted to cut off his toes at the last knuckle, they would be going through me first (and I was dead serious).  After providing him with a tree and several things to scratch, they ate crow and still wonder why he likes me most.  That ironwood tree was recently replaced by one of those 3-tier carpeted ones, which he now likes, but it was obvious his heart was broken when he saw me remove the ironwood.  I kept it, and although he has countless living trees outside to climb, I plan to attach that one to the deck rail facing the lake where he jumps off just to let him know I noticed.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, Carel, arvidb

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1313 on: June 04, 2022, 06:57:26 am »
Good on you for not declawing him - that's a barbaric thing to do to a cat, and as far as I'm concerned it should be outlawed.

I currently have seven of them here with me, and have five full size cat trees here in the house.  They are quite fond of them.

The first cat tree, now about seven years old and beginning to look a bit tattered:

And the most recent one, purchased in February:

And lastly, because it was in the gallery with the old tree and still amuses me, here is Pixel (Gilmore's sister).  I swear this cat has rubber bones - she sleeps in knots like this!

Ikea Cat - please read directions thoroughly BEFORE attempting assembly!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, MarkL, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, antenna, Carel

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1314 on: June 04, 2022, 09:38:16 am »
You can't take away the beauty of a cat world, a 3D world.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, antenna

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1315 on: June 04, 2022, 04:00:18 pm »
I wish our one was this motivated.

iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, nctnico, Nominal Animal

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1316 on: June 04, 2022, 08:31:49 pm »
On climbing: the cat on ground level did the neighbourhood on all levels, roofs, fences and so on. A real professional. Passed away 2 years ago. A wise, non violent friend. Anyway, he demanded that new cats that came in the house demonstrated their ability to climb, otherwise they were not a full member of the team. So this happened. He hunted the new cat into the tree, controlling and cheering him on. You can see his satisfaction. The nice thing is that they all pass it on, like climb, don't jump on the kitchen counter, don't hurt anyone.

Education wise, I am jobless.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, antenna

Offline abquke

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1317 on: June 04, 2022, 08:37:22 pm »
Adopted cat we had when I first started college. Note he had to mess with my playing around with homemade capacitors.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, antenna

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1318 on: June 08, 2022, 06:58:40 pm »
Watchcat timer overflow.

The following users thanked this post: Mr.B, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, antenna

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1319 on: June 09, 2022, 09:35:02 am »
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1320 on: June 09, 2022, 05:05:07 pm »
Well been raining for the last 2 weeks here in Shenzhen, and today I rescue this little one:

She was at the rain, with some mean kids basically treating her bad as throwing water to her (sometimes I would love to be able to do the same in return or give some slaps...). I hate violence to animals, whatever the reason is. It makes my blood boil.

There is a family here with 3 boys and the 3 boys don't have any education, the mother doesn't care about them (always at the phone, leave the kids outside to play while she is at home, even when raining, etc) and the grandmother who takes care of then in the morning looks like a zombie (never saw that woman talk or have any interaction with anyone here).

I don't know if she is going to be a new member of the family (even if I love animals and always had dogs and cats before I could remember, I don't know the tomorrow if I need to return so I try to keep myself disconnected) or if my Welsh neighbour want it (he saw and it is interested, just going to ask her girlfriend if she wants).

But for now she is here. Let's see if she can survive the first night (she was very weak and hungry). She also don't have a name yet because of such reasons, but specifically if I give her a name I don't know if I can give it away anymore. So for now she is "The little one..."

The following users thanked this post: OZ1LQB, SeanB, nctnico, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, TSCOLAN, Carel

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1321 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:59 pm »
Good thoughts inbound for the little one.  Thank you for taking her in and giving her comfort!

Shame you can't turn the hose on those kids and give them some payback.   :rant:

-Pat

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1322 on: June 09, 2022, 05:31:34 pm »
Good thoughts inbound for the little one.  Thank you for taking her in and giving her comfort!

Shame you can't turn the hose on those kids and give them some payback.   :rant:

-Pat
Yes they deserve that and way more, but if I even touch with one finger on one I'm in a lot of problems...

Not that they don't deserve but...

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1323 on: June 09, 2022, 05:38:32 pm »

-Pat
Yes they deserve that and way more, but if I even touch with one finger on one I'm in a lot of problems...

Not that they don't deserve but...

Yeah, I hear you!  You just have to grit your teeth, bear it and do what you can for the critters they're hurting.  Give her a chin scratch from me and my seven.

-Pat

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1324 on: June 09, 2022, 06:10:37 pm »
But for now she is here. Let's see if she can survive the first night (she was very weak and hungry). She also don't have a name yet because of such reasons, but specifically if I give her a name I don't know if I can give it away anymore. So for now she is "The little one..."

Make sure, that the place is warm and cozy. If you have an electric blanket, put her on the blanket. Cats need more warmth than humans, especially in such bad conditions.

Keep my fingers crossed for this little furball.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf