Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 357064 times)

geostep and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1425 on: July 19, 2022, 12:52:03 pm »
That behaviour will probably stop around the time "Kitten attached to nose prickles" to "cat attached to nose bloody hurts".  :)

The late Boot, when a kitten, used to run up my trousers, across my chest and hide on my shoulder. Wasn't really painful, just mildly irritating. Some years later something spooked him, he reverted to "scared little kitten", and he did the same thing when now 8kg. Took weeks for the line of perforations to heal.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Nominal Animal, Neper

Online PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1426 on: July 19, 2022, 07:12:47 pm »
One of my cats used to play "velcro" when she was a kitten.  Run, launch and stick, usually about thigh level.  Fortunately she outgrew that.

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1427 on: July 19, 2022, 07:35:13 pm »
With temps having reached 38 celsius here, today, our two cats are lying on the floor so flat you could mail them in a C3 envelope. 
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1428 on: July 19, 2022, 07:35:46 pm »
That behaviour will probably stop around the time "Kitten attached to nose prickles" to "cat attached to nose bloody hurts".  :)

The late Boot, when a kitten, used to run up my trousers, across my chest and hide on my shoulder. Wasn't really painful, just mildly irritating. Some years later something spooked him, he reverted to "scared little kitten", and he did the same thing when now 8kg. Took weeks for the line of perforations to heal.

Nixie likes to use me as a launching platform to get to the window when I'm sitting on the throne.  Hop up on my knee/thigh, then up to my back, then to the platform on the windowsill.  He usually lands his jumps clawlessly, but on those occasions when he misjudges and adds the mini grippers to the mix, it is rather painful.   :-DD

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Neper

Offline niconiconi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1429 on: July 22, 2022, 11:31:56 am »
Cat on an oscilloscope vs. Cat in an oscilloscope.

Starring a Tektronix 7854 and Thor.

Putting the Cat in CRO.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1430 on: July 22, 2022, 02:21:38 pm »
With temps having reached 38 celsius here, today, our two cats are lying on the floor so flat you could mail them in a C3 envelope.
Unfortunately I have only the 'Unterrichtsblaetter fuer das Fernmeldewesen' in my collection and not their sister publication concerned with other postal matters, so I can't offer an answer to the questions
- what is to be done if a envelope meows back at you upon application of the post mark
- whether it is allowed to post two cats in one envelope

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1431 on: July 22, 2022, 04:11:10 pm »
- what is to be done if a envelope meows back at you upon application of the post mark

I would of course put them through the franking machine.

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1432 on: July 22, 2022, 04:42:05 pm »

I would of course put them through the franking machine.

Does that turn them into Frankonian cats?

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1433 on: July 22, 2022, 06:15:51 pm »
I know that saying, albeit in a slightly different version... ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens, Carel

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1434 on: July 22, 2022, 06:26:07 pm »
Today I was actually glad we don't have a cat anymore.

This nice bird, a black woodpecker, flew against the window. If our Ollie still lived with us it might have ended differently. The woodpecker needed some time to recover but it did and flew back to where she came from.

Why she flew into the window we don't know, but there is a tree falcon hunting around here.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1435 on: July 22, 2022, 06:41:16 pm »

Why she flew into the window we don't know, but there is a tree falcon hunting around here.

Happens a lot here, they just don't seem to notice the window. It leaves a nice dust print on the window most of the time  :)
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1436 on: July 22, 2022, 07:01:14 pm »

Happens a lot here, they just don't seem to notice the window. It leaves a nice dust print on the window most of the time  :)

That I know. Other birds do it a lot, but the black woodpecker is less abundant and normally stays on their own patch in the trees. The spotted woodpecker is more common and one of those actually killed him self when he flew against the window. Blue tits or tomtits do it more regularly unfortunately.

Edit: It was actually the first black woodpecker I have seen in the wild. Been here for 14 years now, and we know they are around, but they don't show themselves. Just like the golden oriole, we can hear them but hardly ever see them. Always stick to the top of the trees between the leaves.

Beginning of this year we saw a wild boar with youngsters in a field near us. Was also a first.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 07:17:27 pm by pcprogrammer »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1437 on: July 22, 2022, 07:43:26 pm »
I know that saying, albeit in a slightly different version... ;-)
In a company where I spent some time I worked frequently with a guy who was a Master of precision mechanics (Feinmechaniker-Meister), who had his apprenticeship at Rohde & Schwarz at some time in the 50s. He was also a proper citizen of Munich. I learned several variations from him, none of which made Frankonians seem even remotely acceptable as colleagues or company.
Even that the Frankonians outnumbered him about 10:1, he could be heard clearly with utterances like 'Aus dem Gestank entstand' der Frank'!' or 'Man soll Gott fuer alles danken, SOGAR Ober-, Unter-, Mittelfranken!'...often garnished with a heartfelt 'Ja pfuideifi!'

The following users thanked this post: david77, Neper

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1438 on: July 22, 2022, 09:59:07 pm »
You can all be sure I'll pop up some more pics of her, maybe while Fly the eye dog is rounding her up.......she just can't help herself, that's what eye dogs are best at.  :)
And here's a few more from the last few days where the Minx has finally been allowed to explore the outside world after a couple of weeks getting used to her new digs.
Fly while still keen to escape the constant harassment has a new respect for the Minx as she can fit into the small hidey spaces local rabbits frequent and flush them for Fly to chase.

Minx never rests so nice shots of her are difficult to get and she's got a lot of growing to do based on how much she eats.  :o
Apparently these Bengals can get quite big and she's currently helping Fly chew through some home butchered beef that met an untimely end a few days back.
More later for sure.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1439 on: July 22, 2022, 10:10:46 pm »
With that jungle camo-fur I'll expect some trophy hunting prizes to be shown off in the future.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tautech, Cubdriver

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #1440 on: July 23, 2022, 03:37:19 pm »
Minnie was getting hot during the heatwave a few days ago, so we kept her inside.  She liked being next to the portable A/C in my home office.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1441 on: July 26, 2022, 03:48:34 am »
You can all be sure I'll pop up some more pics of her, maybe while Fly the eye dog is rounding her up.......she just can't help herself, that's what eye dogs are best at.  :)
And here's a few more from the last few days where the Minx has finally been allowed to explore the outside world after a couple of weeks getting used to her new digs.
Fly while still keen to escape the constant harassment has a new respect for the Minx as she can fit into the small hidey spaces local rabbits frequent and flush them for Fly to chase.

Minx never rests so nice shots of her are difficult to get and she's got a lot of growing to do based on how much she eats.  :o
Apparently these Bengals can get quite big and she's currently helping Fly chew through some home butchered beef that met an untimely end a few days back.

Do you happen to know the family history of Minx? She is a beautiful brown Bengal - my favorite. My sweet departed HunkyBill has offspring around the globe as he was a stud male for a few years before being sold as a pet and then eventually rescued by us. His registered name is Trendar Flash of Kanpur can be linked to hundreds or thousands of bengals around the world.
VE7FM

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1442 on: July 26, 2022, 03:58:57 am »

Do you happen to know the family history of Minx? She is a beautiful brown Bengal - my favorite. My sweet departed HunkyBill has offspring around the globe as he was a stud male for a few years before being sold as a pet and then eventually rescued by us. His registered name is Trendar Flash of Kanpur can be linked to hundreds or thousands of bengals around the world.
I'll ask her mom&dad = our son and his lady. Gimme a day or 2 to find out.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1443 on: July 26, 2022, 09:55:30 am »
His registered name is Trendar Flash of Kanpur can be linked to hundreds or thousands of bengals around the world.

Descended, no doubt, from the crowned purrinces of the Mogghal Empire?

I'll get my coat...

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1444 on: July 26, 2022, 09:14:59 pm »

I'll ask her mom&dad = our son and his lady. Gimme a day or 2 to find out.
TheSteve
No papers, and breeding lineage unknown sorry.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1445 on: July 26, 2022, 10:27:32 pm »
No worries - she is a cutie. Likely crazy smart if you tap into her potential you'll be amazed.
VE7FM

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1446 on: July 26, 2022, 11:07:29 pm »
No worries - she is a cutie. Likely crazy smart if you tap into her potential you'll be amazed.
She's still just a crazy kitten with endless energy which or course she need grow out of first but unfortunately barely handled by the breeder but certainly coming around in the few weeks she's been with the kids......hey we're still allowed to call them kids even if they're in their 30's, right ?

They have a harness for her and plan to take her walkies once older and the weather gets better (mid winter here) and ideally like to get her used to the rifle for rabbit hunting forays.....food for the cat !
Then there are car and quad bike rides to get used to so to visit us and trips around our farm to spots where there might be a rabbit or two.
So much for a young'un to learn.......

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1447 on: July 27, 2022, 04:43:35 am »
@tautech. Something to look forward to :-DD

I took this from this youtube video around 5:55:

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1448 on: July 27, 2022, 04:59:51 am »
Not an evil cat!
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1449 on: July 27, 2022, 06:05:58 am »
Haha - yup - the toiled paper here now lives in the vanity.

This was the work of one of the three siblings (Gilmore, Pixel or Beaker; my suspicion is that it was Pixel).  Sparky (at the left edge of the frame) was not the one responsible.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf