Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 356381 times)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1500 on: August 17, 2022, 10:03:37 am »
Wound up temporarily putting a pair of rollerblade wheels on it until I could get the replacement bearings

Why not stick permanently to rollerblade wheels? I could imagine, they are very robust and not prone to cat hair etc.

The wheels weren’t the issue, it was the crap bearings they used in them.  Fortunately they’re the same size as those commonly used in rollerblades, so I bought a package of 20 of them from either Amazon or eBuy, and pressed the new ones into the old wheels.  The new bearings seem to be more robust by a long shot, being sealed among other things.

-Pat

Well, that's exactly my point. :)
Except for one thing: Either I'd have bought the rollerblades bearings only or I'd have used the rollerblade wheels as they are.
No fiddling around with getting bearings out and press them again into the other wheels. Just my thoughts.  :D

Ahh - I was unclear in how I conveyed that.  After determining that they were the same size bearings that were in my rollerblade wheels, I did buy just the replacement bearings.  They were not expensive; might have paid $15 for twenty of them, so there are spares for the future if the furballs wear them out again.

I had to pop the old bearings out of the existing wheels, but they weren’t terribly tight and it was easy enough to remove them.  The new bearings pressed into the old wheels without any difficulty; think I might have used a scrap of lumber to push them evenly into position, but was able to do it with nothing more than hand pressure.  I then returned the two ‘borrowed' wheels to my rollerblades (that I haven’t been on in probably fifteen years…).

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1501 on: August 17, 2022, 01:02:45 pm »
Ahh - I was unclear in how I conveyed that.  After determining that they were the same size bearings that were in my rollerblade wheels, I did buy just the replacement bearings.  They were not expensive; might have paid $15 for twenty of them, so there are spares for the future if the furballs wear them out again.

Let me guess. 608ZZ, yes?
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1502 on: August 17, 2022, 04:28:51 pm »

For a cat you need at least a C3 version.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1503 on: August 17, 2022, 04:37:04 pm »

Yup - that's what the originals were.  Replaced them with 608-2RS.  Just looked up the order history - paid $10 for 20 of them from the jungle company.

-Pat

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1504 on: August 17, 2022, 04:53:53 pm »

Replaced them with 608-2RS.

-Pat

Too much friction.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1505 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:51 pm »

-Pat

Too much friction.

:-DD  Doesn't seem to be slowing them down any.

-Pat

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1506 on: August 17, 2022, 05:09:38 pm »

-Pat

Too much friction.

:-DD  Doesn't seem to be slowing them down any.

-Pat

Z being dustseal and RS being rubberseal you should see the cat being higher in the wheel while running. I assume that you have the wheel (edit: and the cat) connected to all the necessary measuring equipment.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:14:19 pm by Carel »

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1507 on: August 17, 2022, 05:30:38 pm »
A cat of a neighbor of ours. He is kind enough to let me pet him. Needed some patience but in the end he came to me and even dropped on the ground to show his belly. Was not allowed to per him there though :)

When the neighbor first got him the cat followed him everywhere and at some point he, the cat, wanted to stay with us, but my wife picked him up and brought him back to the neighbor. Since we have not seen him much, but today he decided to rest in our garden and let me greet and pet him. Made my day :)

Offline Carel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1508 on: August 17, 2022, 05:36:17 pm »
Billy is always present when we feed the fish. Turns out he licks the food from the water. Yes, said the Pet Shop girl, that's because fish food is fish! Our three cats find the fish very interesting, but not as prey.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1509 on: August 17, 2022, 08:34:56 pm »
Not one of mine, just one that I found in passing.

We now know what happens to cats on a hot tin roof. They melt:

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, nctnico, lapm, Bud, Cubdriver, BU508A, Miyuki, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer, Carel

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1510 on: August 17, 2022, 08:55:52 pm »

:-DD
Waaaay over the heads of most here.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1511 on: August 17, 2022, 09:03:35 pm »

:-DD
Waaaay over the heads of most here.  :)

The ones that came off were about a C50!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1512 on: August 17, 2022, 09:11:44 pm »
I have a strict "don't touch my laptop" policy. As you can see that is busted and I'm clearly a pushover.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: edavid, tautech, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1513 on: August 18, 2022, 03:31:24 am »
That's one problem I don't have much of with my cats.  I tell them something is off limits and after a few reminders, they learn.  They may not learn perfectly, but they learn.  Then, when they want to piss me of, they deliberately do what they aren't supposed to.  They are very smart that way. 
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1514 on: August 18, 2022, 05:03:30 am »
He will learn, but it is only day 5 of him being here, 3 months old is hard to discipline, life is way to new and exciting.

Took two quick vids of him with his mouse, be sure to turn the audio up to hear him:

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, Mr.B, Cubdriver, pcprogrammer, Carel

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1515 on: August 18, 2022, 05:26:51 am »
Love the little growls.  Mighty hunter!   :-+

-Pat

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1516 on: August 18, 2022, 05:34:52 am »

That cannot be comfortable.
iratus parum formica

Offline Zoli

• Frequent Contributor
  • Grumpy old men
« Reply #1517 on: August 18, 2022, 06:06:00 am »

Don't forget: cats are liquid.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1518 on: August 18, 2022, 06:15:08 am »

Cats have rubber bones.

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, xrunner, Mr.B, pcprogrammer

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1519 on: August 18, 2022, 08:57:01 am »
I have a strict "don't touch my laptop" policy. As you can see that is busted and I'm clearly a pushover.

That reminds me of a nigth a few years ago. One of my cats was sleeping at the foot end of my bed when I heard him starting to retch. As he was a bit old and sickly at the time I tried to grab him to get him on the floor quickly before he had a chance to empty his stomach contents all over my bed. That did not work  ::). He got scared and jumped onto the nightstand where me Thinkpad was sitting. He jumped on the keyboard, the screen went full brightness and the machine made a loud beep, cat got scared puked all over the laptop, nightstand and wall, threw the computer on the ground and scarpered.

So I was left cleaning up all the mess, disassembling and washing the laptop before the yucky stuff dried out. That was a fun night  :-DD. The Thinkpad still lives, had to replace the keyboard and the fan. Most of the juice went straight out the drain holes.

Still - I love cats  :-//.

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1520 on: August 18, 2022, 10:13:05 am »
Years ago, one of ours chose to get sick all over my brand new Pentax DSLR. When I discovered the mess in the morning, all had run into every nook and cranny and most of it had dried.

This being the first series of Pentax DSLRs advertised as weatherproof, I called their German HQ in Hamburg and asked what to do. "Well, you don't have much choice, do you? Take it to the sink." Under the tap it went and everything cleaned off nicely. Cat and camera happily lived on for many years.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:49:38 am by Neper »
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1521 on: August 18, 2022, 11:43:12 am »
He will learn, but it is only day 5 of him being here, 3 months old is hard to discipline, life is way to new and exciting.

Took two quick vids of him with his mouse, be sure to turn the audio up to hear him:

Maxim heard meows and rushed in to have a look.  :-DD

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Mr.B, TheSteve, Cubdriver, pcprogrammer

Offline Zoli

• Frequent Contributor
  • Grumpy old men
« Reply #1522 on: August 18, 2022, 09:23:02 pm »
33 years old picture; this innocent looking kitty(not mine) in a year became the terror of the neighbourhood in a shape of a ~10kg tomcat, all muscle and claws.
Performances includes hunting down compering tomcats from trees, rats, mice, birds(sparrows mostly), but it remained extremely friendly with the humans.
Edit: he was around six months old when I took the picture; back the I've processed manually everything: negative and printout.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:34:02 pm by Zoli »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, xrunner, Cubdriver, pcprogrammer

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1523 on: August 18, 2022, 09:28:24 pm »
He looks like he's ready to kick some ass!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1524 on: August 18, 2022, 09:54:12 pm »
Totally looks like he struck fear in the hearts of the competition.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf