Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 357057 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1925 on: January 13, 2024, 02:31:14 am »
Very kind of you to gift your cat a TV.  8)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1926 on: January 13, 2024, 02:42:32 am »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, fourtytwo42, RAPo

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1927 on: January 13, 2024, 03:09:52 am »
So you named your cat "Ol' one eye" what happened to his eye?

Nothing he can only walk backwards.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Nominal Animal

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1928 on: January 13, 2024, 01:16:22 pm »
catzilla  loll

Recent t-shirt purchase from Amazon.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tom66, SeanB, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, pqass

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1929 on: January 13, 2024, 11:51:21 pm »
The Bengal is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you play with it!

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tom66, xrunner, Mr.B, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, pqass, Zoli, sarge, pcprogrammer, EC8010

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1930 on: January 14, 2024, 12:06:49 am »
The Bengal is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you play with it!

Funny you should use that line from The Terminator. I used that lately to describe to someone what a cat would seem like to a small bug or mouse - what one might tell the other who didn't understand -

Listen and understand. That cat is out there! It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pain or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop - ever -until you are DEAD!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 12:08:32 am by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, TheSteve

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1931 on: January 15, 2024, 05:20:17 pm »
The latest addition to our feline family  :-+ Meet BeeJay.

This adorable little fella is 17 weeks old and was found at age 6 weeks in a rubbish skip with his brother and sister. They were left to die by some poor excuse for a human being but were thankfully discovered and rescued when the skip was collected. All are now healthy and happy. My wife and I saw his picture at the same moment on a local cat Rescue Facebook post whilst in different rooms and we both headed to the other to show the picture. Without planning or discussion we both knew we had to adopt this bundle of joy. And yes, he is as adorable in character as he is in appearance. He is keeping me busy as he has his own room and I am with him 24/7 to provide all the company, love and support that he needs whilst he settles in to his new forever loving home.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 11:43:50 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1932 on: January 15, 2024, 06:12:25 pm »
Listen and understand. That cat is out there! It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pain or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop - ever -until you are DEAD!

My niece has a cat, the other day it was spotted stalking its next victim. The local farm's Bull!
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1933 on: January 15, 2024, 10:20:19 pm »
My niece has a cat, the other day it was spotted stalking its next victim. The local farm's Bull!

Like a dog chasing a bus - what happens if you catch it?

Another t-shirt I couldn't pass up.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1934 on: January 17, 2024, 11:04:03 am »
My cat Loki, totally relaxed. Never saw him like this before.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Fryguy, SeanB, xrunner, Mr.B, Nominal Animal, pqass, pcprogrammer

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1935 on: January 17, 2024, 12:56:13 pm »
Feels safe with you, so shows that he can be vunerable.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1936 on: January 17, 2024, 02:54:01 pm »
I was thrilled when BeeJay slept on his back next to me…. Trust established  :-+
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Fryguy, SeanB, xrunner, Mr.B, nfmax, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pqass, pcprogrammer

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1937 on: January 17, 2024, 03:10:11 pm »
One sad Fonsi, stuck at home.
Doesn't like -13C .

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, SeanB, Mr.B, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pqass, pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1938 on: January 22, 2024, 06:40:38 am »
Figured this was worthy of a video - Boomer having fun in the snow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengalcats/comments/1999p44/its_snowing_and_boomer_loves_it/
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: tom66, OZ1LQB, SeanB, nctnico, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, BILLPOD, pcprogrammer, RAPo

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1939 on: January 26, 2024, 09:13:40 pm »
No photo, but a dire(?) story for cat lovers.  I cooked a full chicken for the first time in over a decade, for that simple fact alone. 

As I hate picking chicken off the bone, this quickly turned into 2 badly carved breasts and a large remains.

I went to put the carcass in the bin, but decided to put it down for the cat.... under careful supervision!

She would not go near it.  If I broke bits of skin or meat off she would eat them, but she would not eat off the carcass.  In fact she stared at me in wonder and disbelief when I showed her there was meat.  A face of "No!  You lie!"

The reason and the point, when she was young, like last year, she ate some "nice person's" left over turkey... roasted brittle bones and all.  Which shattered inside her and ... didn't come out without a fight... and blood and destroyed carpets.

That is why she won't go near it.  If I want her to have the scrapes she will want me to pick it off the bone for her.

So... I did.   An ape picking meat off the bone to feed to a cat.  How nature is so upside down sometimes.

Anyway.  Thought I'd share.

Don't feed cats cooked bones without supervision... or at all.  I shouldn't have tempted her and maybe her disbelief was that I would offer her it at all.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, nctnico, Nominal Animal

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #1940 on: January 27, 2024, 10:14:48 am »
I thought it was dogs that just crunch them up and die of the splinters. Our cats never try to eat the bones themselves, they clean all the meat off and leave the bones.

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1941 on: January 28, 2024, 05:16:15 am »
Little $yet_to_be_named awaiting pickup from the shelter and looking a bit nervous:

Main reason for posting at this point is to get suggestions for names, most likely candidate ATM is Koshka which is foreign for "kitty".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:47:27 am by 5U4GB »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, nfmax, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pqass

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1942 on: January 28, 2024, 06:04:17 am »
Little $yet_to_be_named awaiting pickup from the shelter and looking a bit nervous:

Main reason for posting at this point is to get suggestions for names, most likely candidate ATM is Koschka which is foreign for "kitty".

I always liked the name "Ruzgar" which is Turkish for "wind".
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1943 on: January 28, 2024, 06:31:57 am »

Main reason for posting at this point is to get suggestions for names, most likely candidate ATM is Koschka which is foreign for "kitty".
More a bad joke than a suggestion, but you could call it 'Corona' for the white mask it is wearing.
 ;D
But that aside, is it male or female?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 06:33:47 am by Neomys Sapiens »

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1944 on: January 28, 2024, 07:12:11 am »
But that aside, is it male or female?

Good question, it's a boy.  We were hoping to find a female because they have less problems with their plumbing later in life, but the shelters were overflowing and desperate to house some of them, and this guy chose us :-).

If he was more tiger-striped there's a good chance he would have ended up being called Hobbes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 07:17:09 am by 5U4GB »

Offline Homer J Simpson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1945 on: January 30, 2024, 02:21:02 pm »

Offline nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1946 on: January 30, 2024, 06:50:53 pm »
Victor (a name for the nameless kitty, that is)

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1947 on: January 31, 2024, 02:02:50 am »
We decided on Eddie.  At the shelter they'd given him a temporary name of Prince but that felt a bit dangerous, cats already think they're royalty and this would just reinforce that.  After trying (Prince) George, (Prince) Edward, and a few others we went for Edward -> Eddie.  He settled in pretty quickly.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1948 on: January 31, 2024, 04:16:51 pm »
Eddie is a great name and two syllables is ideal if you want him to know his name well.
VE7FM

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1949 on: January 31, 2024, 06:44:10 pm »
Plus he was the smart royalty, who wanted to change his entire life, and did so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf