Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 529151 times)

Offline 4x1md

• Regular Contributor
    • 4X1MD on Github
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1325 on: March 14, 2020, 01:07:25 pm »
How are the versions of Siglent manuals numbered? For example, I have oscilloscope manuals versions UM0101X-E02A,  UM0201X-E01D and UM0101E-E03C. How can I know which one is the latest?

Offline Orion25

« Reply #1326 on: April 11, 2020, 03:53:00 pm »
Hello.
The oscilloscope was bought on ebay, model SDS1202x-e, serial number SDS1ECDD2R****, the latest firmware 1.3.26 (picture 1). Channel X when connected to the built-in generator shows such a picture (picture 2). The probe is set to 1 to 10. Although the first time it was turned on, it was like this (picture 3). And here is 1 to 1 (picture 4). For comparison, channel Y 1 to 1 (picture 5).
Lowered sensitivity. Now channel X has a very poor sensitivity, it does not always register the frequency on all ranges, but only at 5 mV - 10 mV. The warranty seal is not damaged, no one opened the case.
I did the compensation of the probe, interchanged it, flashed to the previous firmware. It is flashed quickly, the file is being unpacked and then asks to reboot. The reboot time after this is like a normal boot. Calibrated, reset to default. Nothing helps.
Is this a hardware problem? Or the problem of calibration, firmware? Is the power for each channel separate or common?

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1327 on: April 12, 2020, 06:28:27 am »
I am a bit confused by your "X" and "Y" channels. I assume you are referring to input channels 1 and 2?

Did you do all tests with the same probe (plugging it into channels 1 and 2 in turn), or with two separate probes? In either case, please try to exchange your probes between the channels, to see whether the problem lies in the probe or in the scope's input.

Picture 2 looks like the signal was AC-coupled via a very small capacitor, which could be a bad connection somewhere. You could try to wiggle the 1:10/1:1 selection switch on your probe, and wiggle the BNC jack at the scope too, to see whether one of these is fishy.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1328 on: April 12, 2020, 07:37:58 am »
Hello.
The oscilloscope was bought on ebay, model SDS1202x-e, serial number SDS1ECDD2R****, the latest firmware 1.3.26 (picture 1). Channel X when connected to the built-in generator shows such a picture (picture 2). The probe is set to 1 to 10. Although the first time it was turned on, it was like this (picture 3). And here is 1 to 1 (picture 4). For comparison, channel Y 1 to 1 (picture 5).
Lowered sensitivity. Now channel X has a very poor sensitivity, it does not always register the frequency on all ranges, but only at 5 mV - 10 mV. The warranty seal is not damaged, no one opened the case.
I did the compensation of the probe, interchanged it, flashed to the previous firmware. It is flashed quickly, the file is being unpacked and then asks to reboot. The reboot time after this is like a normal boot. Calibrated, reset to default. Nothing helps.
Is this a hardware problem? Or the problem of calibration, firmware? Is the power for each channel separate or common?
Welcome to the forum.

It seems Ch1 has a problem however we cannot see your settings. Please take a screenshot using the blue Print button that saves to a USB pen drive. Please set the scope exactly as this one is and nevermind is ch1 signal is something weird. Check both probes are set to 10x and the channel inputs 10x too.

Upload your screenshot into the Attachments when you make the post.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1329 on: April 12, 2020, 12:09:39 pm »
@ "Taking a screenshot with "SDS 1202X-E" using the blue Print button that saves the file to USB pen drive."

Is it a known issue that the newest FW 1.3.26 makes the scope to freeze completely and therefore useless, when trying to save an image more than once?
The display reacts, but no button or anything else, even the lights are frozen. I have tested it with several USB models, however, no problem at all with the older FW, but always (!) with the new one...

I have read in another Siglent thread, with similar problems on other devices than a scope, because of more than one file on it...?!

At the moment I stay on 1.3.23, as 1.3.26 is too annoying as you have to pull the cable again and again, because of the missing on/off switch.

Thanx!

Offline NY2KW

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1330 on: April 12, 2020, 02:03:01 pm »
Can someone from Siglent let us know when EasySpectrum will be upgraded to support the SVA series?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1331 on: April 12, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »
@ "Taking a screenshot with "SDS 1202X-E" using the blue Print button that saves the file to USB pen drive."

Is it a known issue that the newest FW 1.3.26 makes the scope to freeze completely and therefore useless, when trying to save an image more than once?
No it is not a known issue.  :-//
Just checked a SDS1202X-E with FW 1.3.26 and saved 4 or 5 successive screenshots without problems.
The display reacts, but no button or anything else, even the lights are frozen. I have tested it with several USB models, however, no problem at all with the older FW, but always (!) with the new one...
Tried with a couple of 8GB sticks, one of which has many files using several GB.
I have read in another Siglent thread, with similar problems on other devices than a scope, because of more than one file on it...?!
Could you provide a link to that thread/post please ?
At the moment I stay on 1.3.23, as 1.3.26 is too annoying as you have to pull the cable again and again, because of the missing on/off switch.
If you have to pull the cable due to a freeze the scope is not shut down correctly and I recommend rebooting it once to ensure it behaves properly after reboot.

Is there any specific setup when the scope freezes ?
If we can replicate your settings when it happens the engineers will fix it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1332 on: April 12, 2020, 11:33:52 pm »
"Is there any specific setup when the scope freezes ?"

No, nothing special. First of all I thought that the scope is gone, (it is 13 months old +/-) but to be sure, I went back to the former FW and suddenly I could take snapshots without any issues any longer. I tried to povoke a mistake taking several snapshots one behind the other, but all went fine! So, I tried to upgrade again, having the same issue after the next reboot and first picture made. When I was happy to catch a spike and this happened again, while pressing the print button and anything was useless - totally frozen, I was fed up with 1.3.26   :-BROKE and stay now with 1.3.23. Never had any problem again, despite provoking a crash from time to time, but nothing freezes!

"Could you provide a link to that thread/post please ?"

It was in the Benchtop DMM-Thread. I haven't read the complete thread, but while scrolling through the text my eyes caught this and I did a screenshot as it reminds me of my own saving problem with my Siglent scope... But as I don't have a Siglent benchtop 3055 I cannot compare:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-new-bench-dmm-sdm3055/?all;PHPSESSID=e8ja7i0ragru6auspt39agp3m1

#448:
I had the same problem and I have contacted Siglent Germany. They could reproduce this error and wrote me that this is a bug. This was on the 2019-01-19. So we have to be patient.

If you have no csv file on the stick, you can save the data. If there are multiple csv files on the drive, the device crashes.

It is not the problem of the USB stick and the formatting. Also the same problem happens if you save the file to the internal memory. If you delete all csv files form the memory, you can save once the data do the USB stick.

Siglent answered me regarding this problem:
It does be a issue and it was forwarded to our R&D department. The related engineer will fix it and this need some time. Please wait for a while.

Yes, FAT32 and also tried also sticks that only had 2GB.

But since the error also happens when saving in internal memory,
(and no stick is inserted) it shouldn't be a special USB problem.

...If you delete all csv files form the memory, you can save once the data to the USB stick...

Do I understand correctly that a csv must not be present in the internal memory?
Not even if you want to save to usb?

Definitely a bug.

We can only hope that Siglent will fix this as soon as possible.
I was really looking forward to the device (and therefore I will not make it bad, it is not bad), but it does cloud the joy a little.

...and so on...

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1333 on: April 13, 2020, 12:01:05 am »
"Is there any specific setup when the scope freezes ?"

No, nothing special. First of all I thought that the scope is gone, (it is 13 months old +/-) but to be sure, I went back to the former FW and suddenly I could take snapshots without any issues any longer. I tried to povoke a mistake taking several snapshots one behind the other, but all went fine! So, I tried to upgrade again, having the same issue after the next reboot and first picture made. When I was happy to catch a spike and this happened again, while pressing the print button and anything was useless - totally frozen, I was fed up with 1.3.26   :-BROKE and stay now with 1.3.23. Never had any problem again, despite provoking a crash from time to time, but nothing freezes!
OK another question, have you tried with a clean/empty USB drive ?

I can't help think there is some obscure reason for you getting the freeze, maybe a combo of the freeze then hard shutdown straight after a FW upgrade.

No one else is reporting this same problem so if you can please try some things.
Reinstall 1.3.26 FW then hold the power button for OFF. Reboot and then press the power button for a short time to allow the scope to shut down correctly.
Reboot, this time without USB stick in scope....not that this normally matters but we remove it from potentially mattering.  ;)
Now try the Print button but remember to allow a few seconds between each Print save for the file to upload into the USB stick.
Please report outcome.

"Could you provide a link to that thread/post please ?"

It was in the Benchtop DMM-Thread.
This is a data issue not a screenshot. The SDM have different file and processor structures.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1334 on: April 13, 2020, 08:33:32 am »
Thank you for your quick reply. I did it the exact way as you suggested and had two freezings within 5 minutes with 1.3.26. It is obvious that this occurs only from time to time and is probably not really reproducible. But as this never happens with FW 1.3.23 - at least to me - with always nearly the same procedures, it makes no fun at all having to cope with such a sporadic appearance...

I am no filming expert, but I tried to catch these two sessions and did a Tautech.zip (353,9 MB) and uploaded the file to my rapidgator account - I will send you the link as a pm, so you may have a look at it, "subject" will be: "Freeze4Tautech". However, it may take a while to download as a free user, but I have nothing else to offer?!

During the first time, I had nothing plugged in. It was directly after the self-calibration process. When I plugged in the USB, I immediately pressed the print button and had the first freezing.

Well, maybe I was too egger doing this...maybe I was too fast, I thought. Therefore I used the same USB and this time waited a few seconds, before pressing print. I could take several screenshots without any issue, but after the next reboot the scope immediately froze when pressing print, you hear the beep and instead of seeing the onscreen text, nothing can be done anymore, anything is dead while the screen still shows the sinus sweep.

By the way I got this scope with Hardware Version: 00-02 (2019.03.22) from Batronix.

Best wishes!

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1335 on: April 13, 2020, 06:17:49 pm »
Hello,

I have a new SDG6022X with firmware 6.01.01.35R5B1 and hardware 03-00-00-76-38.

I want in each channel a 20MSample arbitrary waveform. That does not work. The SDG6022X freeze.

It is possible to do a 19000000 sample large waveform in each channel but with a 20000000 sample large waveform it is only possible to load it in one channel. If I try to load it in the second channel than the SDG6022X freeze.

Is my SDG6022X damaged?

If this is a firmware bug I hope a new firmware will correct this.

Best regards
egonotto

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1336 on: April 13, 2020, 09:19:29 pm »
Hello,

I have a new SDG6022X with firmware 6.01.01.35R5B1 and hardware 03-00-00-76-38.

I want in each channel a 20MSample arbitrary waveform. That does not work. The SDG6022X freeze.

It is possible to do a 19000000 sample large waveform in each channel but with a 20000000 sample large waveform it is only possible to load it in one channel. If I try to load it in the second channel than the SDG6022X freeze.

Is my SDG6022X damaged?

If this is a firmware bug I hope a new firmware will correct this.

Best regards
egonotto
The max waveform length is 20 M as specified in the datasheet.
In the User manual P97 apparently 82 M of memory is available for file storage.

These are the constraints to work within for Arb usage.
So I suggest you upload and save to the internal memory and then set each channel to use the saved internal files.
The section 2.7 To Store and Recall has further guidance.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1337 on: April 13, 2020, 09:23:30 pm »
Can someone from Siglent let us know when EasySpectrum will be upgraded to support the SVA series?
Chasing this up.........yes it needs improving or a new EasyVector SW package.  :horse:
When I hear something concrete you'll know.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Orion25

« Reply #1338 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:52 pm »
I am a bit confused by your "X" and "Y" channels. I assume you are referring to input channels 1 and 2?
Yes, "X" - channel 1, "Y" - channel 2.
Did you do all tests with the same probe (plugging it into channels 1 and 2 in turn), or with two separate probes? In either case, please try to exchange your probes between the channels, to see whether the problem lies in the probe or in the scope's input.
Picture 2 looks like the signal was AC-coupled via a very small capacitor, which could be a bad connection somewhere. You could try to wiggle the 1:10/1:1 selection switch on your probe, and wiggle the BNC jack at the scope too, to see whether one of these is fishy.
Yes, of course, I did all this with two separate probes, nothing changes.
It seems Ch1 has a problem however we cannot see your settings. Please take a screenshot using the blue Print button that saves to a USB pen drive. Please set the scope exactly as this one is and nevermind is ch1 signal is something weird. Check both probes are set to 10x and the channel inputs 10x too.
Uploaded.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1339 on: April 13, 2020, 09:39:06 pm »
Uploaded.
OK, thanks. I see you have ten times the sensitivity dialed in for ch 1, without this is the signal too small to trigger on ? Can you please do another with the same settings for both channels but triggering on ch 2 ?
Then we have some good info to send Siglent to get advice on what to do next.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1340 on: April 13, 2020, 09:43:29 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply. I did it the exact way as you suggested and had two freezings within 5 minutes with 1.3.26. It is obvious that this occurs only from time to time and is probably not really reproducible. But as this never happens with FW 1.3.23 - at least to me - with always nearly the same procedures, it makes no fun at all having to cope with such a sporadic appearance...
Got your videos, thanks.
I see 2 conditions that might be contributing to the freeze but IDK. Siglent can study the videos and decide if it is a SW fault.
I will send them the links for their study.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1341 on: April 13, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »
Hello,

@tautech: thanks. I have in this C:Local several waveform files.

Among them a 19000000 sample large file (36.2MB) and a 20000000 sample large file (38.1MB).

I use this files for my tests.

EasyWave says 2<= #Samples <= 20971520=20*1024*1024

Just I have the 19000000 sample large file in both channels. As I try to recall the 20000000 sample large file in channel 2 it freeze.

Best regards
egonotto

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1342 on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:20 am »
Hello,

@tautech: thanks. I have in this C:Local several waveform files.

Among them a 19000000 sample large file (36.2MB) and a 20000000 sample large file (38.1MB).

I use this files for my tests.

EasyWave says 2<= #Samples <= 20971520=20*1024*1024

Just I have the 19000000 sample large file in both channels. As I try to recall the 20000000 sample large file in channel 2 it freeze.

Best regards
egonotto
Question, what file types are you working with ?
On P100 2.7.2 File Type it mentions using .bin files which in my experience with scopes are much smaller than other file types.

It also appears the datasheet gives room for misinterpretation of the max size for ARB files. 20M points vs MB ?  :-//
Maybe I get time to look at your problem with EasyWaveX and SDG6022X here.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1343 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:39 am »
Hello,

the 19000000 sample large file and 20000000 sample large file that I mention com from EasyWave 1.1.1.38R1.

For each sample point there is 16Bit in the *.bin-file. That fits the 16Bit DAC. EasyWave sends more information. These information are with the filename associated. But it seams EasyWave cannot read this information back.

It will be nice if you can try it with your SDG6022X.

In Datasheet is:
Parameter            Min.    Max.    Unit
"Waveform length  2       20M     pts"

But mean M here 10^6 (=1000000) or 2^20 (=1048576)
EasyWave says 2^20.

Best regards
egonotto

Offline Orion25

« Reply #1344 on: April 14, 2020, 01:31:22 pm »
I see you have ten times the sensitivity dialed in for ch 1, without this is the signal too small to trigger on ?

Offline Orion25

« Reply #1345 on: April 14, 2020, 01:33:40 pm »
Can you please do another with the same settings for both channels but triggering on ch 2 ?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1346 on: April 14, 2020, 11:05:45 pm »
Can you please do another with the same settings for both channels but triggering on ch 2 ?
Pics...
It seems Ch1 is busted and probably from an over voltage event but it's not impossible there might be a broken connection inside the analog input stage IDK.
The input signal path is not too complex and as you have a good ch2 you can compare measurements to find the faulty ch1 components.
Discussion here might put you on the right path:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sigilent-sds-1052dl-no-ac-coupling/msg3003460/#msg3003460

Alternatively, you can price a replacement SDS1202X-E mainboard from you local Siglent agent or gimme a yell back and I can get a price ex the factory.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1347 on: April 17, 2020, 06:37:53 am »
Firmware updates for the SHS800 and 1000 series handheld scopes.

Get the appropriate firmware for your model here:
https://int.siglent.com/download/firmwares/?CateIdss=3
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: McBryce

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1348 on: April 17, 2020, 07:42:46 am »
Hi tautech,
    thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the latest Firmware still has the display bug. ei: Choose Scope, then display and set the screen to Black background. When you restart the scope it will sometimes be correct, but 90% of the time you get a wierd unreadable white screen that only goes if you press Scope / Display and set the screen to black background again. See attachment.

McBryce.

30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1349 on: April 17, 2020, 08:15:14 am »
Hi tautech,
    thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the latest Firmware still has the display bug. ei: Choose Scope, then display and set the screen to Black background. When you restart the scope it will sometimes be correct, but 90% of the time you get a wierd unreadable white screen that only goes if you press Scope / Display and set the screen to black background again. See attachment.

McBryce.
Model ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf