Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 529167 times)

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1400 on: October 15, 2020, 12:28:25 pm »
SDS2104X+, 1.3.5R10

The SCPI command:

System:remote?

completely freezes the device interface instead of just reporting the remote status. It still responds to "ping" messages on the LAN interface, but acquisition is also stopped.

System:remote off
has no effect on the user interface, as expected.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1401 on: October 15, 2020, 07:05:15 pm »
SDS2104X+, 1.3.5R10

The SCPI command:

System:remote?

completely freezes the device interface instead of just reporting the remote status. It still responds to "ping" messages on the LAN interface, but acquisition is also stopped.

System:remote off
has no effect on the user interface, as expected.
Is Remote a valid command ?
I could not find it in the programming guide ?
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/document/ProgrammingGuide_PG01-E02C.pdf

Are you working in normal SCPI mode or Tek mode ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1402 on: October 16, 2020, 07:06:02 pm »

Is Remote a valid command ?
I could not find it in the programming guide ?
https://int.siglent.com/u_file/document/ProgrammingGuide_PG01-E02C.pdf
Commands like system:reboot or system:shutdown work.

Are you working in normal SCPI mode or Tek mode ?
Yes, it is. I am using SDS5000XSDS2000X_Plus_ProgrammingGuide_PG01-E11A.pdf, Page 317
Link: https://www.siglenteu.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2020/07/SDS5000XSDS2000X_Plus_ProgrammingGuide_PG01-E11A.pdf

I have the one you mention too, but does not match, and it does not mention the sds2000x-plus.

I am working in Siglent mode. Can you tell me what the TEK mode is?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:18:37 pm by roberthh »

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1403 on: October 16, 2020, 07:27:56 pm »
Hi,

In Tek Mode, the SCPI commands that the instrument understands are adapted to match those of Tektronix.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/msg3033422/#msg3033422

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1404 on: November 12, 2020, 01:07:34 pm »
A new firmware has been published for the SDS2000x-plus, Version 1.3.7R5. Quite a few changes.

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1405 on: November 29, 2020, 06:11:08 pm »
1202x-e
Sometimes the trigger pointer and trigger level line becomes invisible. This bug will be fixed ?
The latest firmware. The previous firmware was the same.
https://youtu.be/FsnhopZEPGk
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:08:04 pm by sng61 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1406 on: November 29, 2020, 07:53:04 pm »
1202x-e
Sometimes the trigger pointer and trigger level line becomes invisible. This bug will be fixed ?
The latest firmware. The previous firmware was the same.
Normal behaviour in trigger AC coupled mode. Always been this way.

For more understanding on AC and DC trigger coupling watch Daves video EEVblog #685 - What Is Oscilloscope AC Trigger Coupling?

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1407 on: November 30, 2020, 04:23:12 am »
This is normal?? ))
This is not first oscilloscope in my life. There was no such glitch on the previous ones.

Apparently they did not understand me.

in this video: https://youtu.be/FsnhopZEPGk
The first half of the video, where there is no cursor - are there both modes, AC and DC.
And from the middle - the cursor is visible, also in both modes, AC and DC.

And most importantly - such a glitch does not always happen !!! Usually the cursor is visible in all modes, as it should be.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:31:59 am by sng61 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1408 on: November 30, 2020, 04:36:45 am »
This is normal?? ))
Firstly, this is not first oscilloscope in my life), and there was no such glitch on the previous ones.
And secondly... in this video, I deliberately switched AC-DS modes, and the cursor was not visible in all modes, although the trigger worked normally.
And most importantly - such a glitch does not always happen !!! Usually the cursor is visible in all modes, as it should be.
No, the trigger level indicator is not visible in an AC coupled trigger but only when AC coupled. DC coupled should be visible.
Sometimes the trigger level indicator can be above or below the display and to get it back press the trigger level control to return it to the 50% position of your waveform. The level indicator points up or down when it is off the display.

Try a factory Default is case there is some other setting that is causing this problem.

BTW I need to get a new SDS1202X-E out for my presale checks so will have look at the behaviour you describe.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1409 on: November 30, 2020, 06:08:07 am »
Of course I'm sorry, but do you read what I write?On my device, the cursor is visible ALWAYS, and in any mode - AC or DC.(The second half of the video shows this.) Always, except for periodically occurring similar disappearances of the cursor pointer. And I have not yet noticed after which operations this occurs.
And where are the situations when the cursor is off-screen ?? The trigger level is numerically visible and its magnitude is always clear. But the display of the trigger's line and the cursor on the right will disappear !! I specifically showed how the signal is synchronized in the middle of the front edge, and the cursor and the line are not visible!
I don't know how else to explain such simple things.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:30:52 am by sng61 »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #1410 on: November 30, 2020, 08:52:20 am »
Of course I'm sorry, but do you read what I write?On my device, the cursor is visible ALWAYS, and in any mode - AC or DC.(The second half of the video shows this.) Always, except for periodically occurring similar disappearances of the cursor pointer. And I have not yet noticed after which operations this occurs.
And where are the situations when the cursor is off-screen ?? The trigger level is numerically visible and its magnitude is always clear. But the display of the trigger's line and the cursor on the right will disappear !! I specifically showed how the signal is synchronized in the middle of the front edge, and the cursor and the line are not visible!
I don't know how else to explain such simple things.

You need carefully make difference between oscilloscope INPUT coupling AC/DC and TRIGGER coupling..
This input AC DC have "nothing to do" with TRIGGER coupling AC/DC. (yes it have but this is bit other thing)

Also there is Trigger source. When it is AC it do nothing to do with "coupling" mode.

In your video your oscilloscope works just as designed and with this particular thing there is not bug.

It need also understand that this scope trigger engine is totally after ADC. Fully in digital side, listening ADC output stream. So oscilloscope analog input signal AC/DC coupling do not matter anything there after ADC and data what it see. Now this TRIGGER  coupling DC/AC is there in digital side. Data there is perfectly just 8 bit bytes from ADC and it do not know (reading this data) if input channel is AC or DC coupled. It only see ADC data range 0 - 255.

What is Trigger coupling then. If now want think this digitally you can think it analogically. Put DAC after ADC. Take this DAC signal out for trig. Now there is analog signal what can couple via DC route or block this DC out using capacitor and what make some time constant in circuit.

Now when TRIGGER coupling is AC there is not trigger level marker visible but when you adjust level there is still voltage level numbers what change.

This may feel weird but it is not bad solution at all. Of course it can do with visible level marker but in many circumstances it is "dancing wild" with some signals and then you try adjust this it may be nightmare. Just you know your signal you see on screen you can easy think what is numerical level where you want is trigger level.
When yoy have different signals, say example rectangle wave with moving duty and then it ride over some slowly moving "nearly" DC... 

Take exercise and generate this kind different signals and change input AC/DC coupling and change also, together with thinking, trigger coupling  and look how it affect. Watch also signal shape vertican and horizontal moves when signal is changing up and down when this nearly dc is going up and down and you are triggering to this riding example triangle or pwm on it.

There is in trigger setup
Trigger DC coupling, just as previously told it can think trigger engine get just ADC ouput signal as it is
Trigger AC coupling, just DC block and corner freq around 6Hz (as high pass filer)
Trigger LF reject aka high pass filter, this is also kind of AC coupling. High pass filter.. It removes DC and LF freq, corner is around 2MHz
Trigger HF reject, low pass filter, is different, it is low pass filter. It do not remove DC. Its is just low pass filter down to "DC". It have around 1.2MHz corner freq.
These filters are not very steep.

When here is Keysight some scopes principle it can clearly see that if input is AC coupled also trigger is AC coupled. Look this small red line after input when analog signal go to trigger system and other pathway go to ADC. In this side pathway there is also trigger coupling in this kind of scopes. Older times most of DSO and DPO scopes was just like this analog side pathway trigger principle.

Keysigh year 2016 talk about trigger because they are married with they old ASIC. Of course they need say analog trigger is normal and most usual or as they say - digital trig is fairly rare (in truth not rare even on 2016 or well before).  :-DD  (of course they also have more modern higher level systems)

Siglent overall

And Siglent trigger (as also same principle in all scopes what have true digital side trigger. Of course details are then different and so on.

If thinking with analog is more easy... think - imagine there is DAC after ADC just in this line what come from ADC to trigger engine. These AC/DC/HF/LF circuits can then imagine in mind they are integrated to this line between this imagined DAC and Trigger "engine". So in mind imagined pathway is  ADC--DAC--Trigger AC/DC coupling and LF/HF filters -- Trigger "engine" what then do all these edge, pulse, runt, slope...lot of different functions.

Just successful using need bit exercise and all we have some learning curve. This can not do if just twiddle knobs as they are gameboy joystick. Best if if have some different test signals for exercises/training and carefully think what it is doing when adjust. After understand how it works living with it is more easy... other way... just mess and nightmare.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:19:30 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: tubularnut, Johnny B Good, Martin72, roberthh

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1411 on: November 30, 2020, 02:07:41 pm »
Apparently these are the consequences of the language barrier and the translation of special terms.
I’ll say it even shorter:
In both parts of the video, there is the same signal, the customary aiming at the probe from the AC supply voltage sine 50 Hz 220v. Nothing hard to sync and display. But in the first part of the video the cursor is not visible, and in the other it is visible. There is no difference, DC or AC. The cursor is either visible or not, regardless of the change in the type of DC or AC. It should not be.
I have been working with this oscilloscope for more than 3 years, and similar situations with the disappearance of the cursor, do not happen very often, but periodically, and unpredictably.
I explained it more clearly?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 02:33:57 pm by sng61 »

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1412 on: November 30, 2020, 02:50:19 pm »
Hi sng61,
    I think you are missing what he is trying to say. There are TWO settings that are important. One is the coupling of the CHANNEL: AC or DC. The other is the coupling of the TRIGGER: AC or DC. I'm not familiar with that particular scope, but you seem to have changed the TRIGGER coupling half way through the video.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1413 on: November 30, 2020, 02:56:00 pm »
Apparently these are the consequences of the language barrier and the translation of special terms.
I’ll say it even shorter:
In both parts of the video, there is the same signal, the customary aiming at the probe from the AC supply voltage sine 50 Hz 220v. Nothing hard to sync and display. But in the first part of the video the cursor is not visible, and in the other it is visible. There is no difference, DC or AC. The cursor is either visible or not, regardless of the change in the type of DC or AC. It should not be. I explained it more clearly?

Buuh....

I hope you watch carefully even once your own video.

Of course it do as you tell but you forget now one change what can see in video.

Really take now time and think, look your video and think. Read what I have told.

Yes you change there in video INPUT coupling AC/DC. Then also you twiddle trigger level knob.

But now I give one homework.

Why you do not note at all you have changed TRIGGER coupling between AC and DC. (when you paused video recording after 0:37 and then do something and after then you continue video recording or you have edited part of record away. . Sorry but after my long explanation you still continue this claim and reason is obvious. Trigger level cursor is not at all active when TRIGGER coupling is AC. It is disabled in this case and also independent of INPUT coupling AC or DC

Look before time position 0:37 there is TRIGGER coupling AC and trigger level marker off as designed..
After this point you do something (looks like video recording is paused) after then there can see that TRIGGER coupling is now DC and trigger level cursor(line) displayed when you move it and it disappear after time period automatically when not changed but leave trigger level mark in right side of display. Just as it is designed and works well.
Also after then somewhere around 0:47 you turn CHANNEL coupling to DC and of course this do not affect trigger level cursor. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 03:30:38 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1414 on: November 30, 2020, 03:48:09 pm »
Oh, this is not an easy job - to explain through a translator))  8)  |O

From 0 to 0.37 is the first video where I recorded the "anomalous behavior" of the cursor, that is, its disappearance. Everything works fine, signal clearly synchronized, but the cursor is not visible! Both by the synchronization of the signal and by the numerical readings, it should be visible in the displayed field - but the cursor is not visible! This is a rare case. And without a difference, AC or DC, there is NO cursor AT ALL in any modes, if they disappeared once. Until I will reboot. Maybe I explained it more clearly?
After 0.37 comes the second part of the video. This is another video, shot with NORMAL operation of the oscilloscope, with the same settings and signal!!! Nothing has changed in the synchronize, trigger, channel.... and other settings! Nothing!!!!! And in this part (after 0.37) there are both AC and DC. This video is simply glued when editing the general video to show that the oscilloscope usually works NORMAL, and the trigger line is visible in all modes and settings.

P.S. Now... it seems to have understood what the problem is. The "Coupling" setting is spontaneously reset (knob "setup" on section "Trigger") to the "AC".

Thanks everyone for the help! ))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 05:52:45 pm by sng61 »

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1415 on: November 30, 2020, 05:10:53 pm »
Somewhat related to these trigger discussions is the scope's ability to handle an small input with a large relative DC level without employing AC coupling and still achieve a reliable trigger.

To do this the input waveform DC value must be compensated (subtracted out) at the input preamp front end to keep the preamp & subsequent stages from saturation. The trigger comparison must come after the DC compensation. The DSO should have a low noise high resolution DAC capable of injecting a DC term at the front end to remove or reduce the signal's DC signal term and re-center the result around zero for the subsequent stages.

For example, consider an input of 0.004vpp @ 0.1Hz with a DC offset of 1.995 volts. This is a DC value 500 times the signal component, normally removed with AC coupling (5Hz) but at 0.1Hz the input is severely attenuated as shown. Note the input is at 500uv/div and sweep is 1s/div.

Result with DSO (5Hz -3dB) AC coupling,
1120524-0

Result with DC coupling input using offset @ -2V
1120528-1

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1416 on: November 30, 2020, 05:50:42 pm »
It's not spontaneously reset. Modern scopes can be set to retain the previous setting when newly started or return to a default. The settings in your video are completely different in the second half of your video. This is plainly obvious in the video you posted. I suggest you spend more time understanding how this instrument works.

McBryce.

30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1417 on: November 30, 2020, 06:47:52 pm »
Good suggestion McBryce and follows the First Four Proverbs from Lab EE Bible taught in EE Church.

1) Don't let Murphy in!!
2) If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
3) Know thy Instruments!!
4) Repeat the 3 above Over and Over!!

We used to have a Dunce Cap filled with burnt and broken components that you had to wear if you messed something up :o 

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1418 on: November 30, 2020, 07:18:38 pm »
1. The settings in your video are completely different in the second half of your video. This is plainly obvious in the video you posted.
2. I suggest you spend more time understanding how this instrument works.
You have noticed everything very correctly! )
1. Yes, this is the cause of the cursor disappearing problem. I did not rebuilded the Trigger->Setup->Coupling to "AC". It happens somehow without my direct participation. And such surprises get in the way of work.
2. Yes, and I agree with that. Studying the device is a good thing)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:25:43 pm by sng61 »

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1419 on: November 30, 2020, 07:55:20 pm »
I did not rebuilded the Trigger->Setup->Coupling to "AC". It happens somehow without my direct participation. And such surprises get in the way of work.

Hmm... You have shouted at the forum community, who tried to help you, in huge letters, and have implied that we are all fools. You have overlooked the clear pointer to AC trigger coupling from three different people five separate times. And now you are still telling us that "this happened on its own, without my participation". Yeah, right.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1420 on: November 30, 2020, 08:02:55 pm »
I did not rebuilded the Trigger->Setup->Coupling to "AC". It happens somehow without my direct participation. And such surprises get in the way of work.

Hmm... You have shouted at the forum community, who tried to help you, in huge letters, and have implied that we are all fools. You have overlooked the clear pointer to AC trigger coupling from three different people five separate times. And now you are still telling us that "this happened on its own, without my participation". Yeah, right.
Yes I don't see how this can happen without some operator input.
To change from an AC coupled trigger to a DC coupled trigger requires the Trigger Setup menu to be open however if it is and the coupling box is open/active a small movement/bump of the multifunction control will change the trigger coupling.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:27:20 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1421 on: December 01, 2020, 01:05:32 am »
who tried to help you, in huge letters
Thanks for helps.
I'm not 'english". And through the translator, many meanings slip away. And so you yourself have to think a lot and look for the true meaning of what was said.

"this happened on its own, without my participation". Yeah, right.
yes. Really. without my participation. I did not go to this menu. This is the problem. And by default it is configured there for DC.

And... why shouldn't the cursor be visible if we see its numerical representation (in "AC")?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:18:10 am by sng61 »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1422 on: December 01, 2020, 04:07:14 am »
1. The settings in your video are completely different in the second half of your video. This is plainly obvious in the video you posted.
2. I suggest you spend more time understanding how this instrument works.
You have noticed everything very correctly! )
1. Yes, this is the cause of the cursor disappearing problem. I did not rebuilded the Trigger->Setup->Coupling to "AC". It happens somehow without my direct participation. And such surprises get in the way of work.
2. Yes, and I agree with that. Studying the device is a good thing)

1. No, it do not happen itself. It have changed due to your action. Directly or indirectly, wirth its own it do not change. It is not human what can accidentally or by intuition do some unexpected or just totally irrationally.
2. Studying is important. "Know your instrument" is not said without reason.

In first place I can easy tell you "turn Trigger coupling to DC and your problem is away"  But, because these trigger things are one of most important things to understand I try you hit it yourself because after then it is fixed better in your memory.

Some times when I give some guidance in real life I tell "Keep trigger coupling always DC  UNTIL you know exactly you need AC coupling".  But then it also need be careful with this advice. Because this is highly dependent what you are doing with scope.
In some cases, specially if playing with scope with unknown signal and probing fast this and that... some times Trigger coupling AC is better for these very simplest things when we use very common simple edge trigger like we have done tens of years with analog scopes etc. With modern digi scopes we need learn more and stop using it like old analog scope - mostly.
In developing etc lab we normally know lot of about signals what we are looking. But example in some repair work, situation may be very different specially if we do not follow tightly some repair service manual, then we are like in dark forest and probing this and that and there is some times important this "idiot proof" trig what was in analog scopes just normal... least with Tektronix who was king of trigger hill.

Also scope factory default is trigger coupling DC.  Perhaps TRIGGER coupling change back to DC if you have done factory default or default depending how you have "programmed" this secondary default buttton.  Also I do not remember how this model AUTO button set it but perhaps it force trigger coupling to DC.
Or perhaps in some phase you have thinked you set trigger source to AC (as can see you have there tested 50Hz AC signal and these cases some times is wise to use trigger source AC) but you have changed accidentally trigger coupling AC but this accident can not easy happen in setup menu system.. they are so different place, if this happen it is human random mistake or what ever...

Just thumb rule "Keep trigger coupling DC until there is reason for  AC coupling".

Remember that there is Channel AC and DC coupling what can handle most cases. And it have nothing to with TRIGGER AC/DC coupling.

In ALL cases, if input is AC or DC coupled, TRIGGER is looking only digital 8 bit data what is after ADC and nothing else and there  this data stream values between  0-255 and this data is - you need think it is "DC coupled" independent of input AC/DC coupling. It is "DC coupled" if you look it with trigger engine eyes.

In analog scope (simplified),  input AC coupling makes also trigger AC coupled but trigger AC coupling do not make inputs AC coupled because this trigger AC coupling is in trigger signal signal pathway.

But, in full digital side trigger DSO, input AC/DC do not affect at all trigger coupling. Trigger coupling is always after ADC and input AC DC coupling do not affect there. Data stream is always between 0 - 255. (irl 2's complement) Now there in data stream is signal changing and there we can then think how we filter this data for trig. And in first place there after ADC (in this stream what is going to trigger system) AC/DC/LFreject "coupling" filter and HF low pass filter. Of course main stream from ADC to memory goes directly. (except that there can be other kind of DSP filtering. In some scopes there is user adjustable LPF/BPF/HPF and some other things, also some more intelligent things).

Thre is on and BIG Achilles in these systems. All we know frequency aliasing when ADC see over Nyquist limit frequencies, other words over sampling frequency/2 frequency components and then we see some not wanted things on screen. (this is totally different than image aliasing due to display pixels and displayed data what image antialiasing oscilloscope can also have).

But this freq aliasing we see with our eyes on the screen... specially when ADC data is decimated for reduce displayed sampling rate.  All understand it and know it, if not, sad.

But there is other thing. Digital trigger system "eyes" are looking ADC data stream. If ADC have seen in its inputs higher than true samplerate/2 frequencies this data stream from ADC include these alias frequencies! This may disturb digital trigger engine.
There is no way to know what is alias and what is true. There is not simple way to detect this without some further information. But this normal 8 bit data stream do not have this information. It have only 8 bit raw values and that's all.  How DSP filter know what is alias and what is not. Think about it.
Analog side pathway trigger system do not have at all these some bad things but it have some other bad things or poor things, specially if it is cheap and simple.

After example older DSO or after analog scopes some things need forget and some things need learn. If still use both, like me, must not forget anything but keep all them parallel in memory.

In this case there was SDS1202X-E.  This scope have 2 totally different trigger systems.
2 main channels have pure full digital side trigger system "trigger engine".
Ext Trig is totally different. It is conventional analog pathway - and analog comparator trigger system. This Ext Trig is very simple and performance is far away from main channels full digital side trigger functions and very reduced performance in many ways.

In full digital trigger system first advantage is that trigger engine see perfectly same digitized waveform data what is also data for display this signal. In conventional analog side pathway trigger system analog comparator can see different signal what ADC see, specially with higher frequencies, fast edges etc. Of course it can do very perfect but it is very challenging and not cheap.
Disadvantage (other than aliasing) is in digital trigger that trigger is absolutely limited to ADC scale. If signal is over ADC FS  it can not even try to trig. If ADC output is constant  0xFF  trigger game is over but still before ADC there can be nice signal.  After ADC trigger, system is totally blind for all this. (if we do not take some information from before ADC)
Least what manufacturers need do is warning about Clipping! but many do not even this. Siglent, please... do it.
But conventional analog trigger can still happy see there signal what can trig depending its dynamic range.

Sorry after edit and rewrite etc this is now bit messy...

Perhaps some day these trigger basics need write so that they all are explained clearly, simply and in good order with some  example images and drawings.

It is sad today usually manufacturers do not anymore make User Reference Manuals where are every single details explained with perfect data and even math if need. Today even these normal level User Manuals are - with one word - poor.
Perhaps reason is due to fact that no one read these and today this continuous developing FW ... no one can keep these manuals up to date. As can see...

BTW, new User Manual is for all SDS1000X-E and X-U models. So who ever have old manual please use this more new one.

SDS1000X-E/SDS1104X-U  User Manual version UM0101E-E05A  July, 2020

At this time this new UM can find only in SDS1104X-U documents (least in Siglent EU area official sides). SDS1000X-E documents list have only older manual.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:07:19 am by rf-loop »

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline sng61

• Contributor
« Reply #1423 on: December 01, 2020, 10:26:38 am »
First of all, I want to clarify that I am sincerely grateful to you and everyone who is trying to help people understand and fix their problems.

But I will also clarify the point that I did not manually change the trigger from DC to AC, I remember that very well. And I remember this because in my daily work I use only the most basic functions, without changing settings other than the display scale, or the constant-variable channel mode AC/DC. Usually I need to quickly look at the signal - that's all. Therefore, if I go somewhere to rebuild the trigger, I will remember that. And such periodic spontaneous switching to the trigger's AC mode with the lossing of the cursor is not very convenient in everyday simple work.

Therefore, if the developer has the ability to somehow correct this "spontaneous switching", then it will be more convenient to use.

P.S. I consider the 1202x-e model to be one of the best solutions in this price category. And I am very pleased that I managed to acquire it in due time, and it has been working for more than three years without serious problems.
So far I see two shortcomings "for every day" - too small print on the screen (difficult to read, especially for the elderly), and this is the periodic disappearance of the cursor. The rest is super! )
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:36:16 am by sng61 »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1424 on: December 01, 2020, 11:28:03 am »
First of all, I want to clarify that I am sincerely grateful to you and everyone who is trying to help people understand and fix their problems.

But I will also clarify the point that I did not manually change the trigger from DC to AC, I remember that very well. And I remember this because in my daily work I use only the most basic functions, without changing settings other than the display scale, or the constant-variable channel mode AC/DC. Usually I need to quickly look at the signal - that's all. Therefore, if I go somewhere to rebuild the trigger, I will remember that. And such periodic spontaneous switching to the trigger's AC mode with the lossing of the cursor is not very convenient in everyday simple work.

Therefore, if the developer has the ability to somehow correct this "spontaneous switching", then it will be more convenient to use.

P.S. I consider the 1202x-e model to be one of the best solutions in this price category. And I am very pleased that I managed to acquire it in due time, and it has been working for more than three years without serious problems.
So far I see two shortcomings "for every day" - too small print on the screen (difficult to read, especially for the elderly), and this is the periodic disappearance of the cursor. The rest is super! )

Yes I understand well.
But now it rise question.
In first place, in beginning of video, there was Trigger coupling AC. You tell that you do not remember or believe you have turned it to AC. Ok let it be now so and think you have not accidentally or somehow turned it to AC. Then in position 0:37 you stop video. You did something. After then video continue and now there is Trigger coupling DC. 
If I understand now ok, you have not changed trigger coupling or least you do not know it. (now from AC to DC)

Is it now so that these both things are mysterious. How it have changed to AC. And when video  record is stopped and after it continue it is now itself again changed and now to DC.

I can not imagine any function in this scope what change trigger coupling without known reason. Of course there is more than lot of setup and settings combinations and if some rare combination pops up some bug, it is least in theory of course possible but I have not seen any reports around web..

Can you do so that you do full factory default (not front panel default button but in menu there is factory reset)
Go to Save/Recall select there Recall menu and then recall Factory Default.

Look your Trigger coupling is DC.

When you use your scope try detect situation when this Trigger coupling suddenly change to AC. And try keep record in mind what things you just did with buttons and in setup menu system.

It is always possible that there is some well hidden Bug in FW what pops up in some quite rare combination when user handle it and make adjustments.

Time ago I have used quite lot of this model when I did some documents about its functions and overall about digital scopes for some beginners or for peoples who come to digital scopes from analog scopes world. I have never hit this "feature" that it change itself trigger coupling without my control.  If there is bug, it need find so that it can repeat. If there is some reason in your handling it is also good you find it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 11:33:26 am by rf-loop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf